bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Behind the Reflection technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 5, 11 5:28 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Edited on 02/05/2011 at 5:28:11 PM PST

Re:Post any Behind the Reflection technical issues here only

[Post New]by linda90605 on Feb 6, 11 12:45 AM
got to zodac clock one symble flew off . unable to skip/ unable to do anything...had to turn off computer...I have all updates..

[Post New]by scully on Feb 6, 11 4:42 AM
I can't play this game either, I got a Microsoft Visual C++Debug Library-Debug Asseration Failed error.
On the new version , from February 5,2011 again the same message. I can not get a look into the game. The new version also seems not to be a better one. However, have the same message when downloading the game from a different provider, or interesting? BF So you could finally see this error, our computers, it does not seem to lie.

[Post New]by nanajane10 on Feb 6, 11 5:07 AM
CAN'T SKIP THE LENS GAME, IT WILL NOT LET ME GO ON.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Feb 6, 11 6:22 AM
I have done everything that was asked of me and I can not play this game! I love Big Fish, but the problems that have been coming up are too much. I bought the CE edition of Treasure Seekers on the day it came out. Because of a glitch or bug I had to wait 24 hours for it to be fixed so I could play. I'm not sure what is going on at big fish, but having been a member for over 5 years , I am not happy. I have 4 game credits and nothing to use them on. I know it has been a dry spell, I know new, great games will come, I just can't get past all the technical problems. I should not have to uninstall my firewall for one game. I should not have to download stuff I will not need for one game. I am taking a break from big fish. I am hoping technical issues will be fixed. I am not putting down BF, just frustrated.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Feb 6, 11 7:19 AM
Didn't work. Freezes at boy in the mirror.

[Post New]by Tamerlane13 on Feb 6, 11 10:10 AM
LadyReah wrote:Didn't work. Freezes at boy in the mirror.

Me too

susangames
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by susangames on Feb 6, 11 10:27 AM
OK, What is it that the developers or Big Fish is missing. Was looking forward to at least seeing the beginning of this game and still get booted out. What changes were made that were suppose to make this game "able to be played" and I would
like to know what those gamers who can play this game have on their computers
that the rest of us lack.

[Post New]by JoeBee1 on Feb 6, 11 12:37 PM
Cannot play full screen. Has affected my Game Manager, in that all my Big Fish Games will only play in a Window! I am not a happy camper.Have uninstalled and reinstalled new updated version to no avail. I have this huge problem. I receive a message on my desktop " this is not the best resolution". I've never had this before.Grrrrrr! JJB

janny1953
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by janny1953 on Feb 6, 11 12:41 PM
i tried trial period of game, loved it, bought it, have been playing it for 2 days and all of a sudden the game wont let me do anything. this happens at exact same spot everytime. i have to reboot to turn game off and restart game, then it stops working at same place, i can speak to the guy in the lab who asks for 3 items, but then cant use arrow to go to next room, or click on computer to get other item. anyone else had this problem. tech guys please sort it, been member for many years and love my games but getting frustrated now sticking at same place all the time, would love to complete game

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 6, 11 12:55 PM
Hi everyone,

If you're running into any issues when playing Behind the Reflection, please make sure that you have the latest version of the game installed. More information can be found here:

UPDATE! New version for Behind the Reflection! February 5, 2011.

Please also be sure to start the game again from the beginning with a new player profile if you haven't already, as it's possible that any old save data will not be compatible with the new build.

If the trouble persists, please contact our Customer Support team for further assistance. They're be able to document which types of systems are being affected, and they can also help troubleshoot further.

Customer Support can be reached via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Feb 6, 11 5:31 PM
Personally? I'd say pull it off the site. I am the one whose puter crashed because of this game. Please take note of that. And yes I have talked to CS, they were nice and good, but obviously there is a REAL PROBLEM here.

[Post New]by pinicola on Feb 6, 11 5:52 PM
for the second time my game freezes while I am trying to make up a lense, what am I doing wrong, how can I unfreeze the game without ruining it.
J.Roland

[Post New]by RustyBarbwire on Feb 7, 11 8:07 PM
Tamerlane13 wrote:
LadyReah wrote:Didn't work. Freezes at boy in the mirror.

Me too

Freezes up on me too. I know my computer is all up to date so has to be the game.

[Post New]by tigress_kitten on Feb 8, 11 5:30 AM
Got the new build, and managed to get all the way to the island (after putting the airship together). Now, I'm trying to get items in a cupboard, got every hidden object but the key - the one item I need - is right there, in plain sight, and won't allow me to pick it up. Every time I try 2 or 3 times, I get the mirror-cracks telling me I've overclicked.

Advice BFG?

[Post New]by sharoyn2002 on Feb 8, 11 11:03 AM
nanajane10 wrote:CAN'T SKIP THE LENS GAME, IT WILL NOT LET ME GO ON.
I have the same problem, got everything but that, it is hung up and let me finish it. what to do?

[Post New]by BeaNiE18 on Feb 8, 11 11:31 AM
Hi

I too am having major issues, i have uninstalled, turned off and reinstalled this game several times (including the updated version 5/2). I've also created new players and have updated my pc and everything else it says....

For me the problem is the bird right near the beginning, it shows the map piece but wont let me grab it as it dissapears as fast as the bird lets it go. Cant do anything after that apart from start the train, and a little hidden object in the house. Once they are done though i am stuck because it wont let me have the piece of map from the bird.

C

[Post New]by Whizzy_Wheelz on Feb 9, 11 12:16 PM
scully wrote:I can't play this game either, I got a Microsoft Visual C++Debug Library-Debug Asseration Failed error.
On the new version , from February 5,2011 again the same message. I can not get a look into the game. The new version also seems not to be a better one. However, have the same message when downloading the game from a different provider, or interesting? BF So you could finally see this error, our computers, it does not seem to lie.

Me too going to contact customer services will let u know how I get on

[Post New]by FunwithBigFish on Feb 10, 11 3:33 PM
Downloaded the trial today, the initial scene worked, then it froze at the boy in the mirror, had to reboot my computer.

bognor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bognor on Feb 11, 11 3:53 PM
I got as far as the boy on the beach, solved the puzzle and got the yacht. Then missed the right place to put it in the suitcase and it disappeared, so I couldn't complete the puzzle. Have come out of the game, now the puzzle is apparently solved but there is now nowhere to go. The "hint" button just circles the wooden boat at the bottom left, but there is no hotspot there. I really can't face doing the whole game again ...

Go to: