bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 6, 11 12:05 AM
Busy Bea has been brought in to fix Blunderton’s stadiums! After being named the “Worst sports town of the year,” the citizens of Blunderton are in a dire situation. Use Beatrice’s talents and get the city out of a sticky mess in this fun and exciting Time Management game! Busy Bea’s Halftime Hustle will have you cheering for the home team in no time as you dash through multiple minigames, earn potent powerups, and unlock upgrades.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:02:51 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Re:Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by lackoo on Feb 6, 11 2:32 AM
Excuse me , but i can't read what you wrote . All i can see :

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 6, 11 3:36 AM
lackoo wrote:Excuse me , but i can't read what you wrote . All i can see :

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

Same here.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 6, 11 3:36 AM

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

Same here.

sorry for double post

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 3:38:12 AM PST

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Feb 6, 11 4:23 AM
I see:

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

but those words are within a full paragraph of text about the game. I'm running Vista Home Premium, 64 bit.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 6, 11 5:12 AM

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

What does it matter if it can be read or not. The game is junk.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Feb 6, 11 5:22 AM
sassylassie wrote:

Based on what? The game has nice graphics, five different grades of difficulty, a large number of varying upgrades, is quite challenging, and offers a lot of interesting twists for people who like this genre, including puzzle, special challenge, and regular levels. Apart from that it still features the dragging-mechanic from Megaplex Madness (or the Sally's-series for that matter), while avoiding the flow-breaking pop-up mini-games.

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:17:28 AM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 6, 11 5:45 AM
Please fix your errors/mistakes in moderator's post and I'll look at game;if not ...

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 5:55 AM
sassylassie wrote:

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:18:19 AM PST

[Post New]by chris122049 on Feb 6, 11 6:16 AM
I love this kind of game. It's like Megaplex which is a lot of fun...........but more involved...........

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 6, 11 6:19 AM

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 6, 11 6:48 AM
laeddie wrote:Please fix your errors/mistakes in moderator's post and I'll look at game;if not ...
laeddie, don't let a software mistake thingie keep you from trying this game. These starting forum msgs are set up automatically at midnight BFG-time and something must have gone wrong with transferring the apostrophes and quotation marks, both ' and " .

Just in case you don't know already: The game text here is exactly the same as on the game download page, and can be read there (at least I can). Go there via the "Try this game"-link above.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 6:50:50 AM PST

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Feb 6, 11 7:29 AM
Great game - similiar mechanics to the Megaplex games which I have played all the levels over and over. it's a buy!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 6, 11 7:32 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:
sassylassie wrote:

Blunderton’s
“Worst
�
Beatrice’s
Bea’s

Thanks .

(removed by moderator)

(removed by moderator)

Besides on this game it has to do with sports, and I hate sports. I am allowed to give comments on games just like you. And you said TM's are the second largest game genre? Then why are the Hidden Object Game boards have 4 if not 5 times as many people on it then the TM's. And no, TM's aren't the second largest genre, it's Family and Children.

Best-selling Computer Games Genres
30.8% Strategy
19.8% Family & Children's
14.4% Shooter
12.4% Role-Playing
5.8% Adventure
4.7% Action
3.7% Sports

And yes I do know a little of what I am talking about as I beta tested from beginning to end Lilly & Sasha 1&2, Dawn's Light 2, Dawn's Light Another Christmas Tale, Infernal Veil 1, (these are all Role Playing Games), and quite a few Hidden Object games and the new (game site removed by moderator) site. So be it.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:21:37 AM PST

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Feb 6, 11 7:46 AM
sassylassie wrote:
(removed by moderator) Besides on this game it has to do with sports, and I hate sports. I am allowed to give comments on games just like you. And you said TM's are the second largest game genre? Then why are the Hidden Object Game boards have 4 if not 5 times as many people on it then the TM's. And no, TM's aren't the second largest genre, it's Family and Children.

Best-selling Computer Games Genres
30.8% Strategy
19.8% Family & Children's
14.4% Shooter
12.4% Role-Playing
5.8% Adventure
4.7% Action
3.7% Sports

First Thing: Tm games are the second largest genre in the casual market, behind Hidden Object games.
Second thing: You are aware that around 1000 graphs for "best-selling genres" exist, right? Those percentages you show do not even apply to the casual market.
Third thing: You are free to comment on any game, but if you simply insult a game and give no reason at all then you will be called out for that, simple as that.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:22:19 AM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 8:17 AM
"Sassy"

HOG players visit the boards a lot more frequently because those type of games frequently require hints, discussions, how do I questions, where do I questions, etc...

Time management games, while requiring strategy as well, are played in a more arcade and less mystery style than hidden object games...There is much less need for discussion

As for me knocking down hidden object games in the past, **almost ALL of my comments were in the chitchat corner and NOT on a specific forum for a specific hidden object game.** THAT's the difference. My sheer frustration is that Bigfish has not attempted to produce/create a true blue time management game on their own since 2006. (Mystic Inn) To me thats disappointing for a Casual Games Company that has clearly blown all the other portals out of the water...

Why did you both post this here and send me the same private message?

As for your statistics, those statistics are not specific to casual games; Rather, they are about all types of computer gaming. If you were to find sales statistics on casual games, you would see the HOGs are # 1, followed by time management games in 2nd...

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 6, 11 9:50 AM
Hi everyone,

_DD is very correct in that these particular posts go up automatically, and that they currently do not display apostrophes and quotation marks properly unless we have manually edited them. I've gone ahead and done this now.

I'd like to also remind everyone that it's important to keep all debate positive and constructive, which goes along with the first of the Forum Rules:

Treat other posters with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other forum users will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Please contact the moderation team with any questions.

Thanks,

-bfgDonau

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Feb 6, 11 9:54 AM
bfgDonau wrote: I've gone ahead and done this now.

Thank you .

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Feb 6, 11 12:32 PM
I, for one, do not like TM or M3 games, but I don't disparage the fans who do. I come to BF specifically for the HOGS (and all the variations, thereof) and I bide my time for one to show up, knowing there are MANY fans of other game genres.

If you TM or M3 game lovers are discouraged about BF offering more HOGS, there are other websites out there where the aforementioned genres are the rule and HOGS are the "exception" ((game sites removed by moderator), for two). Some of you act like BF is the only gaming website in the vast area known as cyberspace (albeit, they're the best for my particular taste and DO offer more of what this HOG fan looks forward to).

(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 2:26:04 PM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 6, 11 12:47 PM
Why can't we all just get along? I am a TM first strategy/adventure 2nd and HiddenObject 3rd CUSTOMER here at BF and could do without the negative comments from both sides. What I come here for are mostly reviews etc. I used to belong to other sites until I got viruses and had to have my computer reworked. I TRUST BF. HAPPY GAMING to all and enjoy your choices.

Go to: