gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Your Comments And Reviews For Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 6, 11 3:03 AM
What a way to kick off Superbowl Sunday. This is really a cute game I'm really liking it. It's a lot like Megaplex Madness. Your running concession stands serving fries, ice cream, and seating customers and sending them to the restroom and then letting them exit. Bea helps out she can cook, fix things and grab your gold coins that get left behind. It is a busy game but a very fun game. Your able to repair and fix up the stadium as you go and buy more stands and hire more workers. There is of course the daily goal to meet and you can swap your customers as long as they are the same colors and going to and from the same place you get extra points for that. The graphics are really cute and colorful and you can hear the crowd cheering in the background. There is a warning called halftime hustle and any customers you have waiting you can click on the progress circle to speed it up so you can move them on out faster. I haven't played very much just long enough to know that I liked it and bought it. I loved the Megaplex games and this one as well. It's definitely worth a try to see if you like it and you can always go back and replay any level that your not happy with. Give it a try if you liked the Megaplex games you'll like this one as well really cute and lots of fun. Thanks Big Fish and developer's for this great little game.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:02:21 AM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Comments And Reviews For Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 4:28 AM
Thanks for your review, gmac... I am going to try it out later and give the final version a spin...

Don

ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 6, 11 4:48 AM
I am in love with this game

It is so goofy and fun haha

It plays smooth
and has hidden complexity
moving people around while
matching colors to get extra points

I like the little extras...
picking up gold coins,
catching the football
and the bonus for switching
customers to matching stations

I'm getting this game

I will have to do extra
chores around the house
to be able to get this
haha

----------
P.S.
I am not familiar
with megaplex madness
so this is new to me

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Feb 6, 11 5:43 AM
I'm having fun with it, too. I put up a ''Try it!'' thread just to balance the negative impressions fishies might get when first coming to the forum for reviews.

Have things to do this morning but looking forward to returning to the game later.

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 6, 11 6:21 AM
at last a review line, think i will give it try

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Feb 6, 11 6:34 AM
I am downloading it now, but I already anticipate an immediate buy. First of all, it is from the makers of Megaplex Madness, which is one of my all-time favorite games. The graphics look cute, and since it only uses 512 mb of ram, it should work perfectly on my old computer.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Feb 6, 11 6:38 AM
Well thats interesting. This game just finished downloading and it is telling me my trial is expired already. Good thing I have confidence that this will be a good game.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 6, 11 7:11 AM
I had planned on buying this game outright but after playing the full demo, I think I am going to pass. I do like many things about the game - the theme itself, the sound effects (such as if you make someone who needs restroom wait too long lol, the football music, etc), and unique aspects such as the fly balls you can catch. Unfortunately, I think the developers are pushing the frustration aspect of the game in such a way that it overshadows the fun most of the time. I was able to achieve expert on several levels so it's not that you can't do it - the problem for me was that it makes it not so fun to do it. For example, your customers constantly want what is already in use - okay fine, but when you clear it up, then it breaks down immediately, fix it and now you have a logjam of others that you must clear only now what they need breaks down too, further delaying you. To me, the fun is managing the flow, not 100 roadblocks in my way each level. I was enjoying the challenge but finding myself more annoyed constantly than anything else. I have to say I really couldn't stand Megaplex Madness for the same reason, so chances are whatever your opinion of that game is, it will probably be similar for this one. I do think it's a good game, but just too many annoyances take much of the fun away (for me at least).

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 6, 11 8:32 AM
Hmm, for some reason when I beta'd this game I liked it better

Pros: New cute theme & characters
Mini-games are fun & can be played as often as you want to gain points for
upgrades
Learning to catch the out of bound football is fun
Many levels & 3 levels of difficulty

Cons: Tutorial directions somewhat unclear & appear too late in the game
Many upgrades don't really appear to do much
Very difficult to pick up the bonus gold coins
Have to drag customers which is cumbersome instead of just clicking on them.

Most likely a buy for me based on amt of gameplay.....

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 6, 11 9:01 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for getting this thread started! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it at the top of the Forum.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you're encountering any technical issues with the game, please be sure to post them in the Post any Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle technical issues here only thread and to also get in touch with Customer Support. This way we can keep this thread reserved just for reviews.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 5:03:47 PM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

Re:Your Comments And Reviews For Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle

[Post New]by lackoo on Feb 6, 11 12:48 PM
(game site removed by moderator) reviewed the game . Four star out of five .

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 5:04:23 PM PST

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 6, 11 12:57 PM
My review: 1 out 10

Having a loo as one of the items you have to drag customers to.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 6, 11 12:58 PM
The graphics are cute. The gameplay is TM. The storyline is orginal and funny. There is alot to recommend this game: upgrades for just about everything, anonymous contacts fighting evil, football, a cast of npc that are hilarious, and repairing stadiums. This game ended at the hour demo and I was upset. It was a lot of fun and time went by too fast.

This game is an A+.

silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by silentpages on Feb 6, 11 1:41 PM
I've been playing this all day & I'm not a football fan. So that's not a requirement. It's addicting and the arcade games are SO much better than the ones in Megaplex Madness. I'm super in love with the 1st arcade game. I wish I could play it without arcade tokens.

[Post New]by kim1001 on Feb 6, 11 4:07 PM
Why do people post that they are going to try the game or that they are downloading it right now. Why don't you post after you try it. It makes more sense doesn't it. No one cares about what you are going to do.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Feb 6, 11 5:37 PM
OK...as has been stated, this game has a lot in common with Megaplex Madness. (My 10-year-old mentioned the similarity after observing gameplay for approx. 15 seconds, so it's not subtle.) If you *love* that game, you should definitely give this one a try.

However, for those needing more feedback, here goes:

Cons:
I am not a fan of having to fix stations constantly. For me, this greatly detracts from the gameplay. This "feature" shows up in about the 2nd or 3rd level, and it gets irritating really fast.
Moving the people around requires "click-and-drag" motion; you can't click on a person, then on the station. This is much harder on the mouse hand & wrist, and is not something I enjoy.
Even though you can "swap" people, you can't set up a 3-way swap, which means you can really get yourself stuck if you have 3 customers who need to rotate clockwise. The only way around this is to stick a customer in a "extra" stadium seat for a while, which can really mess up your color-coding.

Pros:
Colorful, entertaining theme
Challenging gameplay (for those who like things difficult)
You can change the difficulty level without having to restart the game
With "Bea" you can entertain people, fix stations, collect coins, or make concessions more quickly and before they are needed.

All in all, I will not be buying this...I found myself tense and irritated after a very short period of time and was not tempted to even finish the demo.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Feb 6, 11 6:25 PM
I beta-tested this on my old Windows XP system and really enjoyed it. I installed it today on my new Windows 7 computer, and it plays in a teeny box in the top left corner of my monitor. And that's on "Full Screen". Pass for me.

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 3:15:31 AM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 6, 11 11:05 PM
kim1001 wrote:Why do people post that they are going to try the game or that they are downloading it right now. Why don't you post after you try it. It makes more sense doesn't it. No one cares about what you are going to do.

Hi Kim and welcome to the BF pond. Great question and one I have asked myself for a long time. I come to the forum to read what other fishies have to say about the game AFTER they have played. That they are downloading now, or have just downloaded, etc, does not help at all.

Pat

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 11:15 PM
I have downloaded, I have played, and I love this game. If you are looking for a challenging time management game with longevity, look no further. Busy Bea's has the same mechanics as the Megaplex Madness series (same developers). 150 levels in total, and the difficulty can be altered at any time. The "puzzle" levels are quite challenging, but there is a way how you can prevent yourself from getting frustrated. Realize that as long as you make regular goal for a level, (example level 4-puzzle), you can return to that level or any other level after you have earned more sufficient upgrades. These stadium upgrades (not the cosmetic upgrades between each level) will help you significantly when you are trying to achieve master. The arcade games in this version are a lot of fun, but you can opt not to play them and still have the opportunity to advance. In Busy Beas, you can choose whether you want to upgrade your stadium by either using coins from making combos or the money you make from clearing the level. On each level, you can achieve regular, expert, or master goal. If one decides they want to play 150 levels and achieve master on all levels, there has got to be 20 hours of gameplay here. Not a bad deal for $6.99.
Highly recommended for time management players who are looking for a challenge and a lengthy game with solid, but not exemplary production values.
I would give Busy Bea's a 9 out of 10, or 4.5 stars, and I respect anyone else's opinion, love it, or hate it....as long as they have tried the game

Don

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 11:17:03 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 7, 11 11:25 AM
I betatested this game and loved it. I am not a big football fan (but I look the super ball if I don`t need to work the next day because its very late in Germany), but I am a big sport fan (escpecially soccer!).
The gameplay in the betatest was a little bit different as the final version, that was a big surprise for me today - the levels are different (design and also the difficulty - the betatest was even harder in my opinion!), but I like the game still a lot. The many levels and the originality are a big plus for me. A buy of course

A little bit further information about the game:

- 250 different levels (5 x 50 levels difficulties )
- 5 unlockable games inside Blunderton's Arcade

Go to: