DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Why do "some" HOG lovers come to this forum to...

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 4:23 AM
I changed the title of my post at the attempt to not offend (removed by moderator)

The beta was great-perfect for time management players, I am going to play the final version later when I wake up again and give it an honest review. Hopefully others, (who like this genre) will post their thoughts as well...

Don

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:10:48 AM PST

Re:Why do HOG lovers come to this forum to...

[Post New]by dizbizbangle on Feb 6, 11 4:55 AM
(removed by moderator)

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:14:50 AM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 5:10 AM
dizbizbangle wrote:(removed by moderator)

(removed by moderator) The purpose of mentioning my age was to: 1) Let people know that the latter half of Generation X plays these games, and 2) I have been an avid gamer for 30 years. (Since the Atari 2600 in 1981.) Really?

Did it bother me that much? Well, you hit the nail right on the head there- no denying that, It did bother me. Why? Because in the past year HOGs are over saturated and they are being released every single day, where quantity is being focused on rather than quality. Time management players, for the most part, are being ignored, Time management games are the second best selling genre,and are not being produced because they are much more difficult to program than HOGS. FACT. For the record, the last 12 out of 20 credits I have used here were on HOGS, so I am not a HOG hater at all- They relax me when I need it.

Am I an expert reviewer? I would say that's quite a subjective question. I have reviewed games on other sites, but the only aspect that would potentially qualify me is an expert is that I have been in the casual games scene for 7 years now, and I have purchased close to 400 credits here at , in addition to other portals....I own more casual, iPhone, portable, and console games that you care to know.

I beta'ed the release candidate for Busy Bea's, and it was fantastic. When I play the final version later, I will give it a glowing review, or perhaps I won't...

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 9:14:16 AM PST

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 6, 11 5:52 AM
DonnyDJ Thank you PS I am 79 and love most TM games.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 5:58 AM
That's great to hear! I hope that in 44 years, I will be blessed with the dexterity and reflexes you have now

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Feb 6, 11 6:13 AM
I'm planning on giving this particular game a try asap, I just wanted to say this first.

I'd like to see less going at each other over liking a particular genre period. I also thought I'd point out that a persons posting history doesn't necessarily mean that the person is a hater of a particular genre. I happen to like both TM and Hidden Object, I also play some M3 games and puzzles, though my posting history would show more towards Hidden object posts, though I do have a few TM's if you look back far enough.

This isn't directed towards anyone, I just felt it needed to be said.

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 6, 11 6:17 AM

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 6, 11 6:21 AM
I'm going to be 56 years old next month and I enjoy good TM games; I'm in the process of finishing the last three levels of Wedding Dash at the moment.

I'm looking forward to giving this demo a try. I played and finished the first Megaplex Madness and I have no doubt that this game will be equally challenging. I love to see good TM games show up here. I play plenty of IHOGs too.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Feb 6, 11 6:30 AM
Howatch wrote:I'm going to be 56 years old next month and I enjoy good TM games; I'm in the process of finishing the last three levels of Wedding Dash at the moment.

I'm looking forward to giving this demo a try. I played and finished the first Megaplex Madness and I have no doubt that this game will be equally challenging. I love to see good TM games show up here. I play plenty of IHOGs too.

Howatch, you have been one of the friendliest people on the forums here to me. I know I certainly don't rank high in popularity here, you always have a way of being positive.

By the way, when I mentioned above that generation X'ers play these games, I hope that I didn't imply that baby boomers do not play time management games. I simply meant that there is a small demographic for people that are born in the mid 70's and on play and legally purchase these games. Saturn was born in Generation Y! (1981-2000)

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Feb 6, 11 6:39 AM
laeddie wrote:DonnyDJ Thank you PS I am 79 and love most TM games.

DonnyDJ I thank you too. I love TM games and there aren't very many anymore. I tried this game and so far I am really enjoying it. If you are a TM game fan give this one a try.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

Re:Why do "some" HOG lovers come to this forum to...

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Feb 6, 11 8:33 AM
I just turned 60 and I enjoy TM games if they have 'relaxed' mode,but I'm really leaning away from the Same-O,-Same-O (ad nauseum) storylines of the H0Gs to Strategy/Adventure games like Wandering Willows,Gemini Lost,The Island: Castaway,ect. So much loooonger gameplay as well.

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Feb 6, 11 11:07 AM
each to their own donny lmao

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 6, 11 11:15 AM

I'm 64 now but have never enjoyed TM games....but I also refrain from reviewing them and complaining about them because it wouldn't be fair to the genre.

To each their own!

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 6, 11 12:27 PM
Soblessed57: I still like a GOOD TM game but as someone said they are getting fewer and I have tried and bought ALL the adventure/strategy games you listed. I'm hoping for more like them! HAPPY GAMING

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Feb 7, 11 9:26 PM
DonnyDJ wrote:That's great to hear! I hope that in 44 years, I will be blessed with the dexterity and reflexes you have now

Generation X here myself.. But I'am not sure that I will be blessed in 44 years with dexterity and great reflexes.. If i keep going the way I'am with these time management games.. and my Xbox.. I think I might up with some severe issues with my fingers and wrist.

On that note Donny I wanted to comment on one of your post.. I agree with you, when it comes to there not being enough time management games for us TM lovers.. One of the reasons I cancelled my membership with BigFish was for that reason.. Its just got to the point were my credits where just sitting there and adding up.. with nothing to purchase.
But I do believe that things are changing.. Well we can only hope... I have seen plenty of time management games here lately.. It seems like every other day, there is a new one.. It's good to see.. I hope it keeps up.. Time well tell... If it keeps up I will open my membership again.. So a big thumbs up to BigFish for these last couple of months.
It's good to see TM games back into the mix.

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 9:27:00 PM PST

ClassyDash
Salmon
Salmon
2,638 Posts

[Post New]by ClassyDash on Feb 7, 11 9:49 PM
Wow

So many old people

I didn't think old people
would even know how to work a computer

haha

Kidding
I am a bit older than I admit

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 8, 11 9:46 PM
If I've learned anything on the casual gaming sites it's that all styles of games are played by all ages.

Happy gaming Fishies!

Go to: