tigra1021
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Level 24

[Post New]by tigra1021 on Feb 6, 11 7:37 AM
Does anyone have any tips for level 24? I just can't get gold on this level. Thanks!

Re:Level 24

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 13, 11 9:07 AM
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I do know that you don't need to build any of the bridges and you don't need much stone from the quarry. I'm still trying to beat this level, though.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Feb 13, 11 9:47 AM
Here's what I've got so far. I'm still missing gold by a few seconds, so it needs some tweaking.

Work across to the sawmill and upgrade it to two stars. You can do one upgrade straight away, so use the next load of wood for the second upgrade.

Work up to the water pump and down to the quarry. Repair and upgrade the goat farm to two stars as soon as you have wood, then upgrade the water pump to two stars.

Upgrade the camp after all the other buildings have been upgraded. Do not upgrade the quarry. Repair it if it gets damaged or struck by lightning, otherwise do nothing.

Work towards the shamans. Give them the milk as soon as you have it. Meanwhile, repair the totems.

This won't get you gold by a few seconds. If somebody knows a better method, please let us all know!

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Feb 19, 11 6:26 AM
I am still working on this. I got it this time with one second to spare. Wee. I agree with the above post for the most part, I did what they suggested. Get to the saw mill and upgrade as quickly as possible to 2 stars, then get the water mill and then the farm for the milk. Upgrade them as soon as you can. I did upgrade my camp to 2 people somewhere in the middle of all that as there was just too much collections to be done.

Oh and I did upgrade my quarry, I found I needed the stone. I agree, do not build any bridges, waste of time. I also did not clear out the middle road right behind my camp. I took the wood right there and that was it. There is no reason to clear out this road, it waste time and there is nothing you need.

Hopefully I can do it again, with more then 1 second to spare and have more concise hints.

vandy311
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by vandy311 on Feb 20, 11 3:44 PM
I've redone this level about 20 times. I got gold once with about 14 secs to spare, but haven't been able to do that again.

I followed most of the advice given above, except that I did upgrade the camp once the sawmill, well, and farm were up and going. I then went toward the quarry and up north and south roads from the camp curving to the west to the shamans. I didn't upgrade the quarry or build any bridges. Once the roads were basically clear I began repairing totems and paying off shamans.

I think that a big part of success on this level may depend on the number and timing of the lightning strikes, unfortunately. If luck is with you, you don't have to retrace and rebuild too much.

Hope this helps.

guylou1525
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by guylou1525 on Feb 25, 11 12:03 PM
I've redone this level at least 30 times and it's done ... GOLD pffff ... 3.13 minutes left.

Thank's to CheerfulDragon8

I think if you don't have lightning to destroy everything you can have gold, when I have enough water, wood and everything I did not repair after lightning.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 25, 11 6:29 PM
I did it by the hair of my chiny-chin-chin. On the way to sawmill, upgraded to 2 from the stuff on the road, then when at arriving at sawmill, got the lumber and immediately sawmill. Then upgraded water, then upgraded milk farm by one star and still working towards shaman and didn't fix bridges. Only picked up blocks a few times and got the last crystal right at 3:00.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 12, 11 11:44 PM
ave completed Island Tribe Level 24 in Gold time 9 times now and recordded best.
as already mentioned
1. Don't build bridges.
2. Dont go down the centre path west.
3. Don't upgrade the quarry.

4. You need 10 wood for two of the totems and 10 stone for the other two.
You only need 14 dairy (3 shamans x 4 and 1 snakes x 2) so once you have reached that don't bother to repair or put it out if it is on fire.
5. The dairy is repaired using wood, but upgraded using stone. Upgrading once takes you to 4 milk , while the second upgrade does not seem to do anything. Besides you only need 3 cycles to get the required milk for the shamans after you have upgraded.
6. Once you have cleared the path and have 10 wood, 10 stone and the 14 milk you do not need to access the dairy, mill ,quarry or well again.

I have uploaded a video to youtube to show how I did it. Is a bit small but if you want to see a larger version I can upload that elswhere.

Link is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2Q9-_am_U

[Post New]by SexyViciousAngel on Nov 23, 13 8:45 PM
unclepaul, thank you! Been trying all day, finally came here, found your solution and BOOM, nailed it. Don't build the bridges! Got it with 8 seconds to spare

Go to: