ELEVATOR - tips for using

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,492 Posts

ELEVATOR - tips for using

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 9:31 AM
A lot of folks are having trouble using the elevator, so I thought I'd compile some tips to help you out!

*It helps if you think of the elevator as any other room. A room with two doors, one in front of you (the gate) and one behind you.

*To go to the PIER level push the DOWN button.

*To return to the BASEMENT level push the UP button. The basement is actually ABOVE the pier level.

*When exiting the elevator at the PIER level you go FORWARD through the door in front of you.

*When exiting the elevator at the BASEMENT level you BACK OUT through the door behind you. To back out of the elevator, just click near the bottom of your screen, when your cursor turns to an arrow, like when backing out of any other room.

Hope this helps! Happy gaming!!!

connies32
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:ELEVATOR - tips for using

[Post New]by connies32 on Feb 6, 11 10:39 AM
thanks got it the last time I was there. Ofcourse you have to step out of the elevator

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
328 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Feb 6, 11 11:28 AM
Wow! Thank you Wiljul--you saved the day. I was going crazy with that elevator...wish I'd been smart enough to THINK my way out--but I'm happy YOU did!

Parcay
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Parcay on Feb 6, 11 11:33 AM
Yes, that did it. Thank you.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 7, 11 12:47 AM
Bump

biggamer25
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by biggamer25 on Feb 7, 11 1:15 PM
Wiljul Maybe there is something wrong with my computer but that doesn't do it for me. When I'm at the pier I got in the elevator to go back to the basement I pushed the up button and I'm only getting as far as the clouds and getting a message that I can't go there yet" Please Help

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 1:44:04 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 7, 11 7:04 PM
biggamer25 wrote:Wiljul Maybe there is something wrong with my computer but that doesn't do it for me. When I'm at the pier I got in the elevator to go back to the basement I pushed the up button and I'm only getting as far as the clouds and getting a message that I can't go there yet" Please Help

After pushing up button, are you moving your mouse to the bottom of the screen and clicking there to get out? The door into the basement is behind you.

If you are clicking on the door/gate that you used to exit at the pier it will not let you out -- if it did you would fall down to the pier and get hurt pretty bad.
m

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,492 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 7, 11 7:30 PM
I second mcurty's reply, make sure you are making a "backing out" maneuver, like you would back out of any other room - by moving your cursor to the bottom of the screen and looking for your navigational arrow.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 10, 11 11:14 PM
This needs to be on the 1st page.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 12, 11 5:51 PM
UP

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 16, 11 7:21 AM
Going up

[Post New]by improv on Feb 17, 11 4:51 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.

[Post New]by iamwa7wxl on Feb 20, 11 5:59 PM
Thanks so much -- seems so obvious now!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,492 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 24, 11 3:37 PM
Bump

[Post New]by Gevant on Feb 25, 11 5:09 PM
Thanks for the tip. Ridiculous that this was badly designed. Elevators are not moving rooms and nothing prompts you to the bottom of the page. I've been up and down and back to the graveyard 3 times looking for what I've been missing. This hint should be in the walkthrough. Thanks again for saving the day.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 2, 11 5:40 PM
Going UP

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Mar 13, 11 2:42 PM
Going UP

mompea
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mompea on May 4, 11 2:31 PM
Nice to know I'm not the only one that was getting seasick from going back and forth from the elevator to the cemetery and never ever able to get out of the elevator!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody hell, who would have thought to go down to get out??? Not me, but I sure am glad that you did. Thanks

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 3, 12 11:38 PM
Back up to front page, please.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,988 Posts