mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Are you Missing Inventory Items???

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 11:13 AM
This appears to be a problem many are encountering with this game. It happens when you play the demo first, get part way in the game, then buy it. Something in the BigFish activation process can cause inventory items to disappear. This is not a fault in the game, but in the DRM/activation process that BigFish uses when they activate after purchase.

What disappears depends on where you are in the game when you bought and activated it. In the CE people lost the teapot/teacup because that is where the demo ended in that game. With this SE people are losing different things apparently dependent upon when they quit the demo and purchased.

The best way to avoid losing inventory is to start the game over with a new profile after purchasing.
m

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 11:21:52 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Are you Missing Inventory Items???

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 2:48 PM
That's a bummer. Are they working on a fix?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 6, 11 3:32 PM
Hi WilJul,
I believe that this is a BigFish issue with the DRM that they use and the interaction with "other things". There were no problems of this type during beta. They have known of this since the CE edition. I think it has also happened with other games. I also think it may be connected to certain firewalls, anti-virus apps, etc. because not all people have this problem.

I know my firewall has wanted to sandbox BF files and if it does, they don't work right. That may be happening to others. I've had to go in and "instruct" my firewall on how to behave with BF. Some of the BF DRM files apparently have a structure that is similar to something my firewall does not like.

Maybe the new Game Manager that is in Beta will be a "fix"??

Maybe someone from BigFish can enlighten us here

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 3:35:07 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 11 4:36 PM
Thanks, m! You explained that very well, so that even the computer illiterate like me can understand it. It seems like this is the first time I've heard of this causing missing inventory. It certainly concerns me, even though I haven't run into this problem myself.

Yes, let's hope the new GM will fix that!

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Feb 7, 11 12:32 AM
Ah! Enlightenment! I have been trying like crazy to figure out what happened to my matches, and can't go back to the bathroom to pick them up. Da#n! Wish I wasn't so far along in this game; guess I have no other choice but to start over!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 4:47 PM
bump

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 10, 11 11:15 PM
Let's move you to the 1st page

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Feb 11, 11 9:11 AM
Thanks for this Mcurty
i am just about to purchases & doing a final check before buying. I was concerned that people seemed to be losing inventory items & that this could be glitch. When I buy a game I always start over again, partly to refresh my mind as to where I left off and partly because it makes the game longer, so this explains why I have not encountered this problem in the past.
looks like I will be buying

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Feb 13, 11 10:14 AM
Blimey ... looks like I have no choice but to start over ............ hmmm but then again, i just cant be bothered it's a great game but I can't go through it again !!! i think the problem was with my game was my pc must of overheated and it switched itself off .... that must of done something, but it only lost the necklace and not the other things i had in my inventory .. very odd

LOU x

maureen010
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by maureen010 on Feb 13, 11 7:12 PM
How lousy is this???? I'm missing a piano key I once had and I can't get it back when I'm 43% done?!!

Not cool, BFG.

[Post New]by erivin on Feb 15, 11 10:41 AM
wtf over, started over and guess what? game shut down as in trial expired mode but game was purchased.this start over is for the birds.....

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 17, 11 11:49 AM
I'm stuck in the elevator without the hatchet, and can't get back to where it is. Frustrating! Looks like I have to start over too...

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 17, 11 11:56 AM
stanliness wrote:I'm stuck in the elevator without the hatchet, and can't get back to where it is. Frustrating! Looks like I have to start over too...

Before you start over, stanliness, you might want to check out the thread ELEVATOR - tips for using. Starting over may be unnecessary.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 11 12:14 PM
Bump you up!

[Post New]by ksh4816 on Feb 27, 11 7:56 PM
OMG - I have been looking for the matches all night. Thank God for this forum because I was getting really ticked. Not that I'm not ticked now - having to start all over - but at least I'll pay specific attention to keeping the matches this time.

Of course, I'm 40% complete which sucks, but oh well - that's life I suppose.

Go to: