mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

I need help with the coal and coal shovel please.

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 6, 11 10:30 PM
Okay I've checked the strategy guide, I am not able at this time to switch time periods and I just don't know what to do.

I'm in Scotland, have the FULL thing of coal, click on the shovel and it says he can't use it to dig the earth. The strategy guide says pull the Full thing of coal in the furnace and use the shovel three times blah blah. I've got 34 out of 44 things done and really do not want to restart this. What am I doing wrong?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

I need help with the coal and coal shovel please.

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 7, 11 6:06 AM
mary102696 wrote:Okay I've checked the strategy guide, I am not able at this time to switch time periods and I just don't know what to do.

I'm in Scotland, have the FULL thing of coal, click on the shovel and it says he can't use it to dig the earth. The strategy guide says pull the Full thing of coal in the furnace and use the shovel three times blah blah. I've got 34 out of 44 things done and really do not want to restart this. What am I doing wrong?

I think you have to do this during night time. If it is daylight go back to cemetery and use the hourglass to switch to night.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:I need help with the coal and coal shovel please.

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 7, 11 9:28 PM
Well I went and double checked and it is night. Thanks for responding and any other ideas are greatly wanted and appreciated!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 8, 11 6:03 AM
You've probably done this, but just double checking. You have to place your container of coal in front of the furnace and then use the shovel.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 8, 11 10:27 AM
Yes

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 11, 11 8:55 AM
I'll just start the level over. I seem to have done everything right and perhaps it's just a glitch or something.

Neko6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Neko6 on Apr 30, 12 7:44 PM
I experienced this glitch with the Mac version of the game. After starting the location over 3 times, I discovered if I switched to the day and completed a hidden object scene at the gypsy wagon and then switched back to night, I could then move the coal shovel on the left and proceed with the level. Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

Go to: