gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Your Comments And Reviews For Garage Inc.

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Feb 8, 11 2:57 AM
Well this is certainly not your typical game. At first glance I thought nah, but went ahead and tried it anyway and ended up really liking it so yes I have purchased it. Your running a car garage fixing up cars first the car comes in you bring it to the spot where you go over and determine what the problem is then you send the car to have it's repairs done then you collect your money and out the door they go it can be clicky but I did'nt find that to be a real problem. On the second or third day you are able to hire a mechanic which does take some of the load off of you but you are the only one that can collect the cash and some cars have more than one problem so sometimes you have to help out the other mechanic to keep things rolling along a few days later you are able to access a better mechanic in the employee wall you can choose which worker you want for each day just watch the cost each one is different and the better ones are more expensive but are quite faster so that does benefit you to be able to move things along and have less angry customers. Well on about the fifth day your visited by your cousin who loaned you the money to open your business and he's all beat up then the next thing you know your getting a visit from none other than "The Boss" oh yeah Al Capone look alike. You find out that you owe the mob the money plus interest so you have to do side jobs for them to work off the debt and this is a series of click the circle and drag so far I've repaired a door first I had to remove the panel with a crowbar then I had to draw an outline of the door then I had to weld the door on then drill holes and place the rivets and last but not least hammer. All in all this is really a cute quirky game because you are dealing with 1920's cars which are just too cute and then of course the mob. The game is really fun and most definitely quirky. The graphics are very cartoon and cute. I'm really enjoying it, I didn't think I would like it but I really do and I'm very happy that I purchased the game while it's a time management game it is a little different so it holds it's own. While it may not be for everybody it is at least worth the demo just to see you never know you may end up being like me and decide hey this is really cute and fun so give it a go and see what you think it's at least worth that. Thank you Big Fish and developer's for a very cute, fun, and quirky game.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 7:57:22 AM PST

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:Your Comments And Reviews For Garage Inc.

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Feb 8, 11 4:11 AM
I thought it was cute and fun, too. But after the trial, I found myself wondering, is that all there is? Can you spend the money you earn? Buy upgrades? Move into better quarters? Answers, if anyone has them, would be helpful. If you can do those things, then it would be worth the buy. If you can't, then my assessment is that the game is pretty simplistic, and ultimately uninteresting. Cute and fun...but does it go anywhere?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 8, 11 5:00 AM
Hi all.

You are right, this is a cute game.

However it is not for me, it is too busy.

I love the Diner dash & Farm Frenzy games & all that Genre, but this is click mania.

I know I should be able to do it as being female multi-tasking is inbred, but not on this scale.

Well worth the download, it may be right up your street, but it is not for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 8, 11 6:13 AM
I have played the full trial time and had fun, but I am not sure about purchasing yet. Its more like the same in every level. I won`t buy it yet, but maybe as a Daily Deal or if I need another punch on the end of the month.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 8, 11 6:23 AM
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:I thought it was cute and fun, too. But after the trial, I found myself wondering, is that all there is? Can you spend the money you earn? Buy upgrades? Move into better quarters? Answers, if anyone has them, would be helpful. If you can do those things, then it would be worth the buy. If you can't, then my assessment is that the game is pretty simplistic, and ultimately uninteresting. Cute and fun...but does it go anywhere?

I haven't downloaded yet and played the trial but according to the discription of the game you will be able to build out the garage and purchase upgrades. Some fishies bought the game and may be able to answer your questions better.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 8, 11 7:16 AM
The graphics are lovely with there 1920s style. The music is of that time as well. The gameplay is TM but it is a real click fest. I found myself enjoying the game but disliking all the clicking. The storyline is brilliant!

This game is an A-.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 8, 11 7:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for starting up this thread! I've gone ahead and stickied it to make it the official Comments and Reviews thread. Happy posting!

-bfgArnoStyx

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Feb 8, 11 8:45 AM
gmac1007: Thanks for your detailed review;guess I better download and give it a trial. Tried twice to download and play but it keeps saying I am already playing(see other threads) Thanks anyway.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 9:48:58 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 8, 11 11:07 AM
I have 9 minutes left on the trial but just don't think this is a buy for me. I don't like the way I have to drag the mechanics around. Also, if you leave the owner in the mechanic area when the car is move, he starts working on the car and you're stuck until he gets done.

Essentially cars come in - the owner diagnosis problem and you move the car to the repair area where owner can fix or mechanic can fix. Then only the owner can collect the money. If you don't get all this done fast enough the car cusomers get mad and leave.

Up til now I had a regular mechanic and an electrician. A car can have both problems so your moving your workers back and forth. I would prefer all mechanics at each station. Maybe that will happen as game progresses.

There is a back story regarding money that has to be paid off to the mob. It seems like I have enough to pay off amt each day to dwindle it down.

It's different so download and see for yourself. It just seemed kind of clunky to me but I'll finish the rest of the 9 minutes and decide.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 8, 11 1:13 PM
This game is definitely different. The storyline is intriguing & the cutscenes are beautiful. Love the 1920's blues/jazz music! Somebody definitely put a lot of effort into this game. Mini-games between levels actually have to do with the plot. In the first one you have to cut out sheet metal door panels to add to the mob's cars The gameplay itself though is a little bit boring & I agree it would be nice if you could right click to back the owner out of being stuck repairing a car. Also in one level it said I was getting a new electrician, but she was never unlocked.

All in all, certainly worth a demo, if only to check out the cutscenes (you can watch them on cinema mode) Would be nice to know how this game progresses.....

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 8, 11 3:45 PM
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are lovely with there 1920s style. The music is of that time as well. The gameplay is TM but it is a real click fest. I found myself enjoying the game but disliking all the clicking. The storyline is brilliant!

This game is an A-.

I was considering it until I learned that it's a TM game and I've learned from too many other games and loss of money that I'm just not fast enough to beat the clock after a few levels; not a good thing, not a bad thing just not my

Thanks all for your comments and reviews; always enjoy reading and learning.

MEnr56

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 8, 11 4:29 PM
I've enjoyed the one-hour demo but am wondering how long the game is; does anyone know?

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 8, 11 4:36 PM
Lasted 5 minutes. Hated it. Too Busy to "cartoony".

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Feb 8, 11 4:49 PM
Finished the trial but not a buy for me. Several reasons - one of the employees that's supposed be posted on the wall is not there and the game got too fast by the end of the demo. That only means it will get faster. Can't do it and I'm pretty fast. I just didn't really enjoy the tasks that much.

[Post New]by Swordblade on Feb 8, 11 5:49 PM
It has a very interesting concept. I bought it.

BUT:

1. Controls are too weak:
a. You can NOT perform multiple tasks in a chain. E.g. you might have 3 cars waiting to be diagnosed, but you have to select each time Angelo and send him to the next car > loss of time.
Plus, if all the workers are in the same area, clicking on them might be tricky. You want to select Angelo for example, and the car is highlighted because all stand around the car.
b. Clicking is tricky even if there is only one worker around the car. You might have to click twice > loss of time.

2. Overall slow reaction to the mouse and clicks. BUT it's a time management game, I want to move fast!

3. You should be able to choose where to send each car for repair, after diagnostic. But no choice there.
So there is no point for the hint provided by the game to plan your workers. No plan can be made, because selection of position is made BEFORE diagnostics. What is the point of that hint???
4. There is no way to restart the level. You have to exit, and then it restarts. BUT if you want to replay the previous level, you can not. There should be a list of levels to choose. The only thing that has a restart option, is the intro movie!

5. Given hint: "sometimes it's better to collect the money, and sometimes to diagnose", or something like that. No kidding, and what kind of hint is that? Since, no choice is given for the workers and positions for repairs, it's just a flip of the coin, not planning or strategy.

6. A big loss of time is that only Angelo can diagnose and collect the money. It slows the process, and it's very difficult to allow Angelo to perform repairs, when there are many cars. So again time lost for nothing. One of the two actions, should have been automatic.

In conclusion, it has so many pointless clicks to make, that it's more of a struggle to click the mouse on the right target, resembling a target shooter game, than a time-management one.

I liked the concept, that's why I bought it.
But with controls like that, I'm very sorry I bought it. A game credit lost for nothing. My fault too, I should have given the trial more time.

Without the options which are common in other games, like chain of actions, automatic diagnostic and option to choose the repair position, it's very annoying, especially for experienced game players.

[Post New]by SmokeyMtnLinda on Feb 8, 11 6:38 PM
REALLY A FUN GAME!!! Nice to have something new in TMGs. But it is definately TOO SHORT ... I finished it in no time. Still enjoyed it, but wish it was longer. Quite surprised when it suddenly ended. Great storyline.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Feb 8, 11 7:03 PM
Not a bad game-I put it on my maybe DD list. Controls aren't great, and upgrades not too interesting. I thought the story was good, but there are a lot of better TM games around. Also seeing from other posts that it's short, which is very unusual for a TM game, so not a buy for me.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Feb 8, 11 8:52 PM
Tried the demo and purchased, because this is a great little TM game. Problem is, the 'little' I'm referring to... too short. I now have mixed feelings about wasting the $ for such a short game play. I just did not expect it to be so short when I purchased it.

Despite the length, and the cartoon drawn graphics, I thought this game was fun and original. The short story & cut scenes were interesting. There is a lot of repetition in the game play (as with most TM's), but it did not detract from the fun aspect. Choosing which worker to do the best job within budget, and to make a profit, as well as trying to get the Mob expense down, was a cute idea.

The mini games were great, and you can play those as often as you want, even after finishing the game, but if you want more of the garage shop play, once completed, you have to start it from the beginning. Too bad. I think the game makers did a cute job on this one, but should make tons of levels, so the replayability is there. Also having more shops to purchase with upgrades would have made this game more enjoyable. Maybe (hoping) they make a better sequel.

I love the 20's era, especially the car design back then, and think a TM with real looking vehicles (not cartoon drawn), would have been very nice. The music in the game (20's style), I also enjoyed.

This game is fun, but the developers could have done so much more, to make it even better. Because of the short length, I feel a little ripped off. Otherwise, great game!

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 9:07:16 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 9, 11 8:21 AM
Let me state: not a TM game player, just too slow to deal
with timers; so no comment on actual gameplay.

Reviews caught my interest, so downloaded just for a
look-see. Loved the graphics, music so suitable for
the time period, think the story has interesting places
to go and could forsee conflicts between "honest joe
type" and mob figures.

Now if some developer could just put all this good stuff
into an IHOG, I would be soooo happy.

For all you TM players, only you can judge gameplay,
but you sure got some great atmosphere, IMHO.

Happy Gaming

[Post New]by friberg on Feb 9, 11 9:26 AM
Downloaded the game but it will not play. Any thoughts as to why it will not operate?

Go to: