DISAPPOINTED IN THIS GAME

DISAPPOINTED IN THIS GAME

[Post New]by momspasstime on Dec 7, 08 7:02 AM
I have just about all the Nancy Drew games they have came out with..This game is really boring and does not fit with the other games in the Nancy Drew series......I do hope this is not a sign of future games to come. I am disappointed because you do not have the hour to play the games (which I finished this one in about an hour) and would never purchase it. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GAME!

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

Re:DISAPPOINTED IN THIS GAME

[Post New]by coco1953 on Dec 7, 08 7:08 AM
Welcome to the pond momspasstime. I'm sorry that you were disappointed in this game. I have never been able to complete any of my Nancy Drew games so for me it was a pleasant change. Have fun and enjoy yourself here.

Debbzi
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Debbzi on Dec 7, 08 7:13 AM
I think it was clear this was a different type of ND game. I played it and loved it despite the difference.

Prima2339
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Prima2339 on Dec 8, 08 12:48 AM
I too was very disappointed with this new type of ND game. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing all of the ND games and was waiting for a new one. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 2! (just for the storyline) Unlike the others, there was nothing challenging about this game. It would be a good game for ages 6 -12 because of it's simplicity. (it always tells you what to do next and takes you where you need to go!)
I regret wasting my money on it, since it only took 1 hour to complete the entire game.
DON'T WASTE YOURS TOO!
to HER Interactive for this mistake.

[Post New]by momspasstime on Dec 8, 08 2:33 AM
Wow was beginning to wonder if it was just me that didnt like the game...I just enjoy the challenge of the other ND games...this one was just to easy I guess , i love the challenge of the other ND games..lol

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 8, 08 6:01 AM
Sorry to those of you that didnt like this game. I'm a huge fans of the ND adventure games and I really enjoyed this one. Nice change of pace and fun!

[Post New]by zachsaunt on Dec 10, 08 5:31 AM
I have to agree with everyone about the disappointment with this game. I have requested a refund as the game is not what I expected for a Nancy Drew Game. I have all the others that I have purchased through BFG or that my husband purchased as gifts for me in the store. If they made trial versions of these games available I definetly would not have purchased this game.

tpintov
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by tpintov on Dec 10, 08 11:30 PM
Thank you all very much for the comments - It really helped me in deciding which Nancy Drew game to purchase.
Most appreciated!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 11, 08 11:24 AM
So far, I think the number of players that enjoyed this game far outweighs the ones that did not. Excellent game and great replay value!

[Post New]by momspasstime on Dec 16, 08 2:34 PM
Hum....All have their own twist....the later ones such as Kapu ,white wolf, you had to do waitress jobs ..lol which really got aggravating when you were in search of clues..but I think my favorite was Phantom of Venice..... but that is just my oppinion..
I liked all of them

willowb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by willowb on Jan 4, 09 8:33 AM
I too, was a little disappointed. Not the typical N D gameplay, but still better than most of the HO games they have. I have all the N D games BFG has offered so far, and I want more, even if they are old ones. When are you going to offer the mystery of shadow ranch? I'm waiting.

SHOff
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by SHOff on Jan 10, 09 7:43 PM
I have not played any of the other ND games so have no point of reference there. But I can honestly say I really dislike this game. It's so easy. There is no challenge and I too wish I hadn't wasted a credit on it. I like games that make me think and even get me frustrated at times until I can figure something out. No sweat with this one. Fortunately I can warn my sister not to purchase it ... she let me waste my credit first!

[Post New]by carterangie on Jan 13, 09 4:24 PM
Well I will agree it is not like other nancy drew games however, I liked it as much as any hidden object game. I didnt feel it was a waste of money at all.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jan 13, 09 4:30 PM
I liked this game and just got the Haunting of Castle Malloy and Legend of the Crystal Skull (recommended by a 17 year veteran of the games).....I'm looking forward to those. Found out yesterday that there are something like 19 of these games. WOW. Off to Syberia II first though and then I have 16 more ND games to look forward to...maybe somewhere in between there will be another RTR or a fantastic HO. Happy gaming to everyone...I'm certainly entertained.

[Post New]by magicalnat on Jan 24, 09 10:05 AM
BOO to HER interactive for this poor excuse of a ND game..... IT IS WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
Bring back the real Nancy Drew.......
This game is okay if you are a child up to about 13, it tells you what to do, its not challenging at all and you don't have to be a ND veteran to play this. If you are all of the above, got knock urself out, otherwise.....wait for the next REAL game to be released......

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 23, 09 10:55 AM
I found this light relief, and definitely aimed at a younger audience. I played it about 4 times until I got the alternative ending.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Feb 24, 09 3:11 PM
scotcat wrote:I think it was discussed in length that this was a different type of ND game. There is also the video for the game. So far, I like this ND game better then the old ones which leave me wondering around bumping into walls.

I give it a

I have bought a lot of games that turned out not to be what I expected (Blood Ties for one). That was my decision & responsibility, so I didn't think of asking for a refund. I only ask for a refund if the game doesn't work correctly and has glitches.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on Feb 24, 09 3:20 PM
ADTech wrote:
scotcat wrote:I think it was discussed in length that this was a different type of ND game. There is also the video for the game. So far, I like this ND game better then the old ones which leave me wondering around bumping into walls.

I give it a

I have bought a lot of games that turned out not to be what I expected (Blood Ties for one). That was my decision & responsibility, so I didn't think of asking for a refund. I only ask for a refund if the game doesn't work correctly and has glitches.
Very well said scotcat, i could not have said any better. You made some excellent points and I agree with them totally. Sorry if I messed up your post, not much good at typing and computers.

Edited on 02/24/2009 at 3:23:33 PM PST

[Post New]by dasweetheart21 on May 26, 09 6:18 PM
i have the game i had just recently boughten but i havent played it yet and i think that someone shouldnt ask for a refund if they didnt like cause they didnt make u buy it . You chose to buy it on your own. And i dont care if it challenging or not . I am just a fan of Nancy Drew games every since i played my first Nancy Drew game. Her Interactive makes good game sand i think this one will be a good game too.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jun 2, 09 7:44 PM
I enjoyed this game, I have the secret to shadow ranch and find it much harder then this one. It did take me a bit to work myself through all the levels of the game so it didn't speed by for this gal. My mom who's nearing 70 is enjoying this game as well.

Go to: