Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Clutter

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 8, 11 7:08 AM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is a junkpile of HOG. The items are clear and relatively easy to find. There are minigames which are skippable. Hints are earned with coins and minigames. For anyone who has too much clutter, there is a ton of advice.

This game is a B-.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 7:56:31 AM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 8, 11 7:48 AM
I played through the demo then bought this simple little gem. For once the "junk pile" serves a purpose. Contains many comments on how to unclutter your life but these are there by choice. You can skip them. It did make me think I should get up and organize my office.
Nice clear graphics. Unobtrusive music. Loads and plays just fine.
This has a realxing quality to it. There is a timer but to be perfectly honest I never noticed it. I think it is there merely to award you points for how long it takes you, not to cut you off.
Clues are plentiful.
Find pairs, find matching halves, find triplets, collect coins and scrabble letters that spell out locations for each chapter. There are a lot of variations.
Mini games are imaginative though on the simple side and have a skip button.
Like I said, a relaxing game.
I'll keep this one on my desktop to have a nice little time killer.
Try before you buy ...
Happy gaming

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Clutter

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 8, 11 7:56 AM
Hello Fishies,

Popping in to sticky this thread to make it the official Comments and Reviews thread. Thanks and happy reviewing!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 8, 11 8:27 AM
For those that have been desirous of a different type of game here it is. As a previous fishie mentioned there is a purpose for the junkpile H0 scenes-declutter your life. Minimal options. You can skip minigames and the organizational advice. Hints are ridiculously easy to earn. I ended up with 22 by the time the demo ended & I had used several. In each scene you can click on coins ( to earn more hints) and Scrabble style letters to learn the next destination. The memory style mini game has a twist. In the second chapter you have to match the halves of the object. So that's a bit different. Music's okay-I didn't really notice it. Graphics are average. It is truly a different game, but I don't know if it's one I'll buy. Have fun, y'all.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 8, 11 10:07 AM
Just want to "ditto" sartasia's review.

This goes on my "to buy" list, but I have a couple of
others ahead of it.

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Feb 8, 11 10:26 AM
( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I HAVE VISION PROBLEMS AND CANNOT SEE THE SMALLER PRINT. )

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!! THE GRAPHICS ARE GREAT. THE OBJECTS ARE LARGE. IT IS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND WONDERFUL FOR OLD FOGIES LIKE ME. THANK YOU BIG FISH FOR HAVING YET ANOTHER WINNER!!!!!!!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 8, 11 10:51 AM
I like it . Kind of a "brain game" as some call them, but more fun than most I've tried.
The advice about clutter hit too close. One early tidbit was something like 'too much stuff is like carrying around a box of rocks'.
Yes sir, exactly like that for me -- I collect rocks and fossils. In my next life it will be something small and light, like thimbles or feathers .
Figured out I needed to pay more attention to his game popup boxes (if not his clutter advice) because goals change from game to game, even on the screens which look somewhat alike.
It's a cleverly designed little game that will exercise more than our eyes.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 8, 11 11:12 AM
Comment: Very cute game and one that the entire family can play. Kudo's to the developers on this one.

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on Feb 8, 11 12:27 PM
This was quite an interesting game. Finding pairs of stuff or halves (almost majohng style) was both frustrating and fun at the same time.
I wasn't sure if I would like this game or not. It caught my attention and soon I found myself enjoying the 'break' from traditional hidden object/adventure games.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Feb 8, 11 12:30 PM
I really enjoyed this game! It had me clinching my teeth together and trying not to blick so I would not miss anything...LOL

Deb

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on Feb 8, 11 6:12 PM
A little too simplistic for me - but I did find myself playing 50 minutes of demo.
I thought it was funny that in the very first scene the slogo was to get rid of everything you have two of and I had to get rid of my smoke detectors. LOL I think I'll keep those.

Although I did like the fact that it was a "motivational" game it not a buy for me.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Feb 8, 11 8:11 PM
Normally I would wait for this type of game to come to a DD to buy it. Since I got a couple of extra free game coupons from somewhere I am going to go ahead and get this game...strangely enough I need the positive messages this game is giving me, LOL! I am packing and moving to over 1000 miles away very soon (like in the next week or so) and need to declutter my life, LOL! I really need this game right now at night while I'm relaxing after packing and sorting and letting go of junk! It's perfect I'll take it...especially since it will be free, LOL! I ended up playing the entire demo surprisingly enough! Kind of a silly game, but it really is positive for my mind and I like that!

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 8:13:19 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 9, 11 1:02 AM
Hits too close to my pet peeves about people telling me to get rid of my stuff. I've tried living sparsely, and I've tried living cluttered, and my mood is better with the clutter - so it stays, thank you very much. And I love *my* rock collection too, lol...

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 8:37:38 PM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 9, 11 2:29 AM
gimmegames wrote:Hit's too close to my pet peeves about people telling me to get rid of my stuff. I've tried living sparsely, and I've tried living cluttered, and my mood is better with the clutter - so it stays, thank you very much. And I love *my* rock collection too, lol...

Agreed. This was more like a self-help book pretending to be a game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 9, 11 5:04 AM
I am sorry, but this is a truly awful game - for me. Firstly, I don´t ever buy games that don´t have a relaxed mode. Although, goodness knows, you didn´t need it here.
And secondly, that dreadful looking cursor couldn´t be changed.
Thirdly, I really don´t like the way this game plays at all. I was bored out of my head very quickly.

Again, sorry, but I wouldn´t even play this game if I got it gifted.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 9, 11 10:39 AM
I am enjoying this game, playing in between other things.
It's funny how the clutter theme is hitting players. Some of us are laughing at ourselves and just playing the game. That's me. He can continue to offer advice which I may even write down and place on that pile of papers on my desk. I just hope I'll be able to find it when it comes time to work on real clutter .

I want to chime in on the timer. I have yet to feel rushed, so I decided to just sit and watch the timer count down to see how long it gave for one game.
It started at 400 and counted down very slowly, taking almost 15 minutes to reach 0.
If needed, Hint Coins are abundant. Even if you don't click for a hint, if he thinks you're stuck, a match will start dancing around on the screen.
If you're on the fence because of the timer, hope this helps.

**Final edit about the Timer: It got harder for me on maybe 5-6 games in the last 3 levels. I had to replay a handful of games a few times. The game goals on some were complicated by mixing color and black/white items, or all black/white, or large/small, a couple of levels even featured transparent items. Part of my slowness on these was due to my own vision issues, so many players will likely get through it fine.

Final Opinion on Purchase: I'm so glad I bought it! It's very long, colorful, relaxing but sometimes quite challenging. I love that you can play the mini-games from the menu icons once you have completed certain portions of the game. This will stay on the desktop for quite a while, play it in-between others.
If the clutter advice bugs you, easy to ignore, but there are some wonderfully insightful "life" thoughts interspersed with his advice.
Beautiful scenery, beautiful crystals to win which he takes back at the end of the game to avoid clutter! If he knew about the 100+ pounds of rocks and fossils in my collection, most of which is on display, he would probably stage an intervention. LOL

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 6:50:12 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 9, 11 5:00 PM
I purchased this game. I don't like the timer. Even on the first several dozen levels when there was plenty of time, having a timer there makes me feel rushed. The only reason that there IS a timer is for scoring points, so it would have been quite easy to make "timed" vs "casual" modes.

The normal levels have enough variety to keep my attention. Where I am now in the game is rough for me, because colored items are mixed with black and white items, and you have to find the two that are the same but one is colored and one isn't. I have to use hints more often than I want to, in order to finish in time.

I think the main reason I bought the game was the minigames. There are several that aren't commonly seen. As you progress in the game, you unlock more minigames that you can play from the main menu any time you like, which earns you more hints.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Feb 9, 11 11:20 PM
I liked this one at first, thot it was interesting and different, but I got really bored w/it toward the end of the demo and started not to care if I found things or not. Not a buy for me.

clfbp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by clfbp on Feb 10, 11 1:37 PM
I’m happily buying this as an airport game. I was interrupted during the demo, and when I signed back in, it took me to the start of the find-the-halves section I had been playing. That’s a good quality for an airport or waiting room game; I don’t like having to restart entire levels. I liked the mini games. The objects were clear and large enough on my laptop screen while it was balanced on my knees. It didn’t penalize me for misclicks—a nice feature when the person beside me keeps clipping me with his backpack. The “playing field” was compact enough to easily manage from my touchpad. The declutter suggestions between screens were a nice change of pace even if he did mention his grandfather—seems to be a game developer rule about grandfathers. Usually things moving across the bottom of the screen bother me, but I barely noticed the conveyor belt that carried away the found (discarded) objects. If I took too long between clicks, two matchable objects, or the HINTS button, would flash, but I was easily able to ignore both of those. It seems in games like 7 Wonders when I can really use a hint, nothing flashes, but this little powder puff didn’t want me to feel frustrated—how thoughtful. (Finally beat 7Wonders during a layover BTW) The game held my attention, but isn’t so complicated that I’ll have to reread the instructions or create a new profile every time I play because I’ve forgotten critical information since my last interruption. Thanks to the developer for a delightful, creative addition to my airport distractions collection. Sorry that so few people seem to have visited this forum. Hope our reviews will at least help a few decide to give Clutter a try.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 10, 11 6:45 PM
I admit that I didn't have high expectations for this one, but I ended up liking it. I liked the [literal] junk pile HOG and how the game got progressively harder. It also seemed like it would take a while to get through.

I was disappointed that the graphics between rounds couldn't be skipped. They went on a bit too long and it got a little annoying. The "de-cluttering your life" tips didn't really appeal to me, but the few I read were actually pretty interesting.

The game could have used some polishing, but I guess all that's important is that it was fun. I'm undecided at the moment if I'll buy it, but I probably will, once Parks and Recreation is over and I get bored.

Overall: B ... Fun and unique, but may have benefited from a bigger budget.

Go to: