aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Skipping a level

[Post New]by aztop on Feb 8, 11 9:58 AM
Before I buy this game, I would like to know if there is a way to skip a level. I'm not crazy about a game where if I'm stuck that's it. I gave up on Crazy Machines and one of the Wonderland games because of this.

Thanks.

Iggy1027
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Skipping a level

[Post New]by Iggy1027 on Feb 9, 11 7:57 AM
Nope, there's no way to skip a level.

I know how you feel....I get very frustrated when I'm stuck and there are no hints, walkthroughs, or solutions to help.

I currently stuck on level 66 in this game and I'm starting to feel very frustrated.

aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by aztop on Feb 9, 11 10:10 AM
That kills it for me.

[Post New]by therevillsgames on Feb 9, 11 12:57 PM
The problem with adding a skip level button is when do you give it to the player? Straight away? After a number of failures? Never?

Also if you can't do a level, what to say you can do the next few... then you would be just clicking on the Skip button all the time...

Aztop, how many times do you want to try the level before you want to skip? And this number is going to be different for all players...

The main idea about this type of game is to get you thinking and when you have completed the level yourself it feels great!

There is a casual mode in the game which makes it a lot easier.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 1:42:28 PM PST

aztop
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by aztop on Feb 10, 11 6:29 AM
On one of these I think it was a SpongeBob puzzle game you were allowed three "skip" credits at the beginning of the game and you could earn more by completing a group of levels. I liked that method. Sometimes a level is just hard to manipulate even if you understand it. Other times you have no idea - should you just have to quit?

Let's remember, we paid for the game. We should be allowed to finish it even if we have to "cheat."

On Crazy Machines I knew exactly how to do something and it still wouldn't work I'm guessing my screen resolution or something just wouldn't let it happen. I had to give up on the game.

Go to: