bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Lucid

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 11, 11 12:05 AM
Discover a new way to match blocks in Lucid, a unique Puzzle game with a dream-like atmosphere! Clear the entire area as quickly as you can to succeed. Enjoy stunning visuals and relaxing sound effects as you make combos and hunt for the next perfect area to clear. Gain score multipliers by chaining Color-Tasks and earn awesome Lucid-Blocks.

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

Re:Lucid

[Post New]by stone07 on Feb 11, 11 1:12 AM
I loved this game! I went to demo the soft release, couldn't stop playing. Very easy, relaxing and pleasant!

It is board that looks a full Collapse board and you remove the bricks. However, it looks and sounds like you are floating in outer space. Try it - you will like it LOL

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 6:00:08 AM PST

donnamil
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by donnamil on Feb 11, 11 2:21 AM
Unlike the previous fishy, I played for half an hour and found it profoundly boring. It seemed to me that I too quickly finished each level and had to wait for the next one to load. Yes it was easy, but pointless, IMO.

And let me add, I'm one of the AARP contingent here on Big Fish and I don't like really complicated games, and although I like M3 games, this is just not my cup of tea.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 2:23:53 AM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 11, 11 2:52 AM
I lasted about 10 minutes.

Interesting gameplay but the continual pop up that said 'How To Play' whenever I found I could not select all the blocks of the same color drove me crazy. You could turn off the tips on the top but I could not figure out how to turn off the one that came in from the left.
I also did not like the weird distortion after you made a match that often made you wait to make the next one. I don't think I'd even get it as a DD.

But I do I think it is worth downloading and trying out for yourself.

Happy gaming.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 11, 11 3:26 AM
Still an okay game. I have played much better games like this. No buy, only as a Daily deal someday or if we have a sale. But definete not yet.

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Feb 11, 11 3:36 AM
I lasted the whole hour and wanted to like it but it was so repetitive. The tiles were large and brightly covered which might suit some fish with less than perfect eye sight. I too am not sure I'd buy it as a DD, probably not.

It did download and found no glitches in the demo, just lately that's a plus.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 11, 11 6:48 AM
Here again I have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER, to get a good M3 game, that has swap mode, this is NOT it :-(
It seems to me that when a M3 game does come to BF, it is cheap and not worth playing, I have gotten a few good ones in the 3yrs, I've been a member here, but nothing good in the past 7 months, at least.
Sorry for being negative, just disappointed once again..BOO HOO .

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Feb 11, 11 8:42 AM
Although the game is slightly different in the way it plays AND does get a little more interesting the further on you play, it's still very repetitive and my eyes are now hurting as though I've been looking at bright sunlight,

What a shame because like a lot of fishes on here at the moment I am feeling starved of a good game to play,

Also there's no way I would pay the price for this game either, maybe on daily deal but I must say I have found better for free. Sorry.

[Post New]by Shazza913 on Feb 11, 11 9:36 AM
I have been waiting for a good 3M game for ages, sadly this sis not one!

[Post New]by likeskittens on Feb 11, 11 9:59 AM
I've played for 30 min, but I really can't tell if I'm winning or losing. I get scores but it just doesn't seem to have any goal. What is the point of this game? The method of play is interesting but I want something more than just flashing colors and repeditive play, at least give a high score sreen to compete against to see if you are doing well or not. I would also like a help menu so I can read the rules and not interupt the game.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 11, 11 12:59 PM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is M3, with an odd twist. You have to be able to draw a line through all the blocks of one color to clear them, no backing up or going over a block twice. Yawn! There seems to be no way to lose and no point to this game.

This game is a C.

[Post New]by Liz_the_Lucky on Feb 11, 11 3:06 PM
I thought this game had great potential for a not quite time for bed game. Then I had to go to the bathroom and closed the game. When I came back, *everything* had to be reset. Windowed mode, music off, and who's playing. Sorry. No thanks.

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Feb 11, 11 7:43 PM
I have had no glitches with this game all. I did find it interesting and for me, figuring out what to do and how I am winning is half the game! Much of the time I am not at all certain how I win, it just tells me I do. I've been needing a game that I can just play and this seems like it might be what I am looking for.

I like this game although I usually am not a M3 person. Generally speaking, for me the M3 frequently ends up with nowhere to go and I'm just repetively playing and playing trying to make something happen. I've played all the way through the Lucid demo and as soon as I can, I plan to get it. It's bright, cheerful (yes, the little box that tells you how to play is annoying but I can live with it) I like the sound effects and most of all, for me it's gentle and relaxing.

Slowglass
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Slowglass on Feb 11, 11 10:21 PM
Different from other M3s but quite the same thing over and over, within itself, round after round. Click mouse to move more quickly from round to round...no need to really wait for all the floating dreamy graphic adding up of the score to continue. Also, eventually the helps do go away, even the one on the left side. I couldn't tell when I had 'cleared' the board, as it certainly didn't look clear to me, but I guess a score which only the game knows had been reached, and then poof, on to the next round.

Relaxing...if you let it be just that.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 14, 11 12:33 PM
Comment: Don't think I'm lucid enough today to continue playing this repetitious and boring match game. And I love M3's. But this one... ~yawn~.

Bevwhiskey
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bevwhiskey on Feb 27, 11 5:35 AM
Ok, I rarely post here but I have to say that I absolutely love this game!
It was mentioned to me by a friend so when I saw the demo I had to try it. Its relaxing and challenging at the same time, as it gets progressively harder at each level. I have gotten to level 48 or so with a top score so far of 46,000,000+
I have found that the circle at the top left only fills when you match the blocks that are required. Also the faster you complete a level the higher your score. The "glowing" blocks are the lucid blocks, again when you use them a higher score is given, plus it clears the board so great to use if you are running out of options. The game ends when you are completely out of matches, it will tell you when that happens.

Negatives are the "hints" that dont really help after the first time you play.
It really doesn't appears to give top finishes only the highest score you have achieved. The extra "stuff" between levels is not necessary.

There are no pretensions of a story line in this game, a bonus for me. So I give this game absolute thumbs up for a match 3 game

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Mar 22, 11 11:32 PM
[i]I don't know if I like this game or not. Granted, it is pretty and relaxing, but it seems pointless to me. I know matching the blocks gets harder, but there seems to be no purpose to it.

Go to: