bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shop It Up!

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 11, 11 8:12 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Shop It Up!? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread LINK.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 8:12:46 AM PST

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shop It Up!

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Feb 11, 11 8:57 AM
Gee, I'm the first one to comment in this area. Wow. Well, at first I really thought this game was lame. The little people remind me of the "Weebles" type dolls my girls used to play with. It got more challenging as the game progress, but there is a lot of click click clicking. I am of two minds whether to buy or not. I really like getting to decorate my shops. I got to level 18 or so, don't know if that is good or not. It also took me awhile to figure out what to do and how to do it. It is a cute game, not very hard, even for me. Some of the TM games really get out of my league quickly. So, if you want a game that doesn't make your eyeballs fly out of your head, or get your fingers cramping, you willl probably find this game fun. Enjoy how ever long you play.

[Post New]by littleoracle on Feb 11, 11 9:32 AM
Actually, I liked it. This is one of those "notta lotta brains" games. If you're a seasoned TM gamer, you should fly through this nicely. All clicking, but not horrible. Easy on the strategy as well. I liked the little people as they reminded me of Weebles from when I was a kid. If anyone played that other mall game, this is definitely much better in graphics and varieties.

All in all, a great easy game to kill time. Wouldn't have minded adding more building options, like decor and fountains and such, builds to a quick level easily and kinda fun. Try it out first.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Feb 11, 11 10:14 AM
I can not play this game. It comes up blank when I try to pull it up.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 11, 11 10:24 AM
I do agree with the Weebles comment above but this is a definite buy for me. The challenges start off quite easy but get harder as you go along. I got to level 15 during the demo. What I like is that it is not a clicktastic arm fest. This is a relaxing and challenging game all at the same time. If you have a hectic life and want a cute little addictive game to relax to this is for you.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 10:25:26 AM PST

[Post New]by jackfaithsmom on Feb 11, 11 11:27 AM
This was a cute game and I'm debating buying it. I really enjoyed the demo level, but I got to level 18 in 1 hour. So for my money, I think I'll wait and see how long it actually takes some other players to complete it before I buy. I also agree with the posters about the Weebles

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 11, 11 11:27 AM
The graphics are cute, even with the people who look like Weeble Woobles. There are challenges in later levels where you have to click on certain people as they are being paged or they are "big spenders." The gameplay starts out easy and gets harder. At level 25, which is when the hour demo ended for me, I had employees taking vacation, adverts to run, inventories to restock, checks to approve and payrolls to meet. The game does require a bit of clicking, which can be reduced by the right employee, ie assistants can work as a cashier and gift wrap but not approve checks and managers can do all the assistants work and approve checks. There are shops to decorate to attract customers, shop ratings to increase, and a timer that is terribly generous. If you get the tasks done in green time, you get a large bonus in yellow, a smaller bonus and if in red, I think you have to pay them?!? Not sure as I never had a level go below yellow.

This game is an A-. Have Fun!

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Feb 11, 11 2:07 PM
got to beta this and really enjoyed it so i was looking for it and am glad to see it here. i like this one better than other mall builder games i've played. it seems more customizable and just cute and fun. the people DO look like weebles LOL! i didn't find it too terribly difficult but sometimes that's ok. it seemed to be getting a tiny bit more challenging as i played so i'm not sure how it is at the end, maybe more tricky. we'll see. i'm definitely going to pick this one up tho since i just had a nice relaxing time with it and i hope others enjoy it as well.

happy gaming

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 11, 11 2:30 PM
I got to Beta this and had a great time. Turns into quite a challenge to keep up. Buy and decorate you shops and hire workers and keep stock supply full. Be sure to at least give this one a try.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 11, 11 3:07 PM
I like that the little people look like Weebles! LoL. I actually kind of like this game. It's a bit like Fairy Godmother Tycoon in that you have to click A LOT. I mean A LOT. That's fine for me, but for people with hand problems it probably wouldn't be so great. I agree that it doesn't take a ton of brain power to play this game, but it makes a nice "break time" sort of game. Basically, you buy little kiosks in a mall and upgrade them. The head honchos at a marketing corporation give you goals to fulfill, and you get bonus money for completing those quickly. The little Weeble people come by and buy products from you, and you click to collect their money. Lots of people come by, lots of clicks. Even though it's not really hard (at least so far), I'm still finding it enjoyable.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Feb 11, 11 3:08 PM
I demoed this game after reading other's comments. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but I found it strangely addictive. I bought it and am happily playing. It's from the same people who did Build-a-Lot, so I'm hoping it won't get too hard in the later levels. I don't mind the little people. I'm too busy planning my strategy to pay much attention to them. So far this is a lot of fun.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 11, 11 3:59 PM
To add to my earlier review I've been playing all afternoon. I'm at home with a hurt back today. Anyway it really is not as clicky of a time management games as other games that I have tried on Big Fih. I know the other person said it was very clicky but it really isn't as compared to Supermarket Mania 2, Project Rescue Africa or even Roads of Rome II.

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 4:21:07 PM PST

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Feb 11, 11 4:31 PM
I don't know if it was from all the hype about this game or not, but I'm not impressed. It starts out enjoyable. OK graphics I suppose, but got boring pretty quick for me, so I'm going to ponder on it for awhile, it might be a good rainy day game.

hpottermad
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,199 Posts

[Post New]by hpottermad on Feb 11, 11 4:55 PM
jackfaithsmom wrote:This was a cute game and I'm debating buying it. I really enjoyed the demo level, but I got to level 18 in 1 hour. So for my money, I think I'll wait and see how long it actually takes some other players to complete it before I buy. I also agree with the posters about the Weebles

Hello I enjoyed the demo too so am going to buy, I looked on another site and its saying 75 levels in the career mode so have a long way to go yet.

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Feb 11, 11 5:15 PM
Thanks to you all with the positive comments and encouragement to give it a try! I did and GLAD i did! It is a slower pace TM game but I like that it does have a little bit of stragedy to it. It is not just aimless clicking!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 11, 11 10:17 PM
i wondered if this might be like the create a mall game or maybe supermarket mania, but it's so different... very cute and easy to follow... at first i just played and felt like i had no idea what i was doing but i was having such a great time, i didn't really care... and of course, in the end, i guess i did know a little about what i was doing because i made it to the balcony and built my first book store in the half hour i played...

i really felt myself getting sucked in and i think i may end up getting this one!

let's see how far i get in the next half hour and when i see the screen go dark and say NOOO! then it will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine!

happy shopping

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Feb 11, 11 11:52 PM
I find that I'm really enjoying this game. I have hand/joint problems but I'm not having too much of a problem with this game. As others said it is a very cute game with shoppers resembling Weebles but that's ok with me.

It isn't terribly challenging but I've had enough of those and find this game challenging enough. The shops are so cute and the graphics bright. I'm a bit on the fence but may end of buying this one to complete my Feb punch card.

Really cute and it looks like it will get a bit more challenging as levels increase and there seems to be plenty of levels. (I got to 16 in the demo). Happy gaming...

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Feb 12, 11 3:28 AM
A cute little mind numbing past time at the end of a busy day. Decorating the shops is fun. Definitely not a time management/strategy game. I do agree it is more kid oriented. I'll play free for an hour but I'm holding out for the next Wedding Dash!

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Feb 12, 11 11:43 AM
Wow just finished the whole game.. It took me alittle over 12 hours.. there are 75 levels to complete.. Those of you who are not into clicking till your fingers fall off.. this is not the game for you.. Its starts out kinda slow.. but the higher you get.. the more you have to do.. and I'm not joking when I say its repeated clicking.. on the heavy side. As you move along.. your timers on your employees and customers, speed up real fast.. so you will have to be real quick on collecting money and giving your employees breaks.. which is kinda a hassel, for every employee you let break or vacation.. you have to pick their slack.. which can be a real challenging, when trying to meet your goals at the sametime.

The one thing I dont like about the game.. Is I just completed the whole game.. with a score of over 22 million... butttt there is no score board at all.. so I feel like I kinda wasted my time. It would be nice to have a score to compete against.

The game runs smooth no glitches.. lots of designs to choose from.. But with the heavy clicking and no score board.. I would give it a ok..

I promise you it will keep you on your toes and very busy.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 11:50:24 AM PST

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Feb 12, 11 12:37 PM
I agree with Tijhea. I really liked the game, but I have 2 things I don't like.

1. There is no place to see your score, so you'd have to mannually track it, if you want to beat it.

2. If you want to replay a level, you have to replay it right away. There is no way to just go back and replay 1 level. Also, there are no flags, so you can't go back and see if you beat the level previously. This makes it difficult to answer someone's question about a certain level.

Maybe they'll add these perks in Shop It Up 2.

Go to: