bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Amazing Finds forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 7, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Amazing Finds forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Amazing Finds players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Welcome to Amazing Finds forum

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 8, 08 2:24 PM
LNtheSpy wrote:Can't find the dollhouse crank. Any help?

the crank is in Paris, by the stores sign.....

[Post New]by stubbepaints on Dec 8, 08 3:58 PM
It's like I just started the game and I'm already finished. Fun game, but way too short. All you needed was the free trial hour and you can almost finish the game. WASTE OF MONEY!!! Thanks a lot!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Dec 8, 08 4:59 PM
Didn't like it much. I found the objects really hard to find and, well, it just plain wasn't interesting. I played the demo but I will not be buying this one.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Dec 8, 08 6:14 PM
I won't be buying this one, either. Played the demo, thought it might be interesting, liked the premise of finding what is needed in one city by going to another city. But it wouldn't let me choose which city I was going to. I found the cracker for the parrot, but I couldn't get back to London to give it to him. Then they spoiled the whole game with a mini-game: marble-shooting, which I am NOT good at (can't click quickly enough). I couldn't find a way out of it, no way to skip it, and wasted the rest of my hour trying to beat the game. Bah, humbug!

dlap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dlap on Dec 8, 08 7:34 PM
Played 12 minutes and had enough. I will not be buying this game. I hated that you cannot turn off the music, it's sounds or no sounds. I hate the first mini game you can't skip it and have to play and that's when I quit and delete the game. It's too bad but did not like it at all.

[Post New]by mom22inok on Dec 8, 08 7:55 PM
How do you get rid of the ballons? This game helps keep my mind clear after a bad day at work.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Dec 8, 08 8:55 PM
mom22inok wrote:How do you get rid of the ballons? This game helps keep my mind clear after a bad day at work.

you need the safety pin from Goa....

Re:Marrakech page

[Post New]by fabricmama on Dec 8, 08 10:46 PM
I found what I think is the flute, but it won't work on the snake. It's the only page I can't complete to finish the game. I'm guessing the sapphire is in the basket, but I can't get rid of the snake. Any help???

toniaa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by toniaa on Dec 10, 08 4:38 AM
WHAT A GAME!!! (sarcasm) it promises so much and delivers so little. Each page is well drawn with the items difficult to find (not being critical...you need a little difficulty and the spinning coin takes the sting out of the real tricky ones...after all we're all adults right?) and there's so many different items in every scene...what a tease!! you just know you're going to be revisiting the sites....WRONG Can't believe once through and that's it ALL OVER...BAM!!!! Just like that you're finished...What's with that? Absolutely not worth it. The premise is great...but was someone just pushing to have it ready in time? Is your policy of a game a day draining the imagination of your people? Come on let's get some quality going here...I know they can't all be like Everest...but they should utilize the graphics they have It's not fair to have us spend the hour and then buy it to finish it a few minutes later...It goes no place...How VERY VERY disappointing not to be able to do something with it beyond the silly story line. Honestly DON'T waste your money on this one. Wait for something worth it.

[Post New]by Grama132004 on Dec 11, 08 1:51 PM
i too am disappointed in this game. i wish I had not purchased the game at all, but when i tried it out for an hr it looked pretty good......so i purchased it. To me, its not worth it.
There is no menu to get out of this game at all. What is with that?
The coin where it says Hints......all it does it keep spinning and no hints.
And I wish your designers of this game would leave snakes out of the games. I hate snakes, yes even on games. I do not like them.

So sorry I purchased this game. Most likely will delete the game for ever.

Grama132004

Jipc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Jipc on Dec 14, 08 4:57 PM
stubbepaints wrote:It's like I just started the game and I'm already finished. Fun game, but way too short. All you needed was the free trial hour and you can almost finish the game. WASTE OF MONEY!!! Thanks a lot!

I totally agree... this game was a waste of money and if future hidden object games are just thrown together like this, I will stop buying Big Fish games. If you (BF) are going to continue pushing these fast and easy games, at least warn us faithful players. I usually play within a day or two of release and don't always check the forums beforehand, but I cannot believe you put this lack of quality out under your name. Was not worth the price of a movie!!!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Dec 17, 08 8:34 AM
What drove me nuts was the fact that EVERY list of hidden objects had 1 or 2 things listed that my wife nor I had any idea what the item was. In addition to the "griff items" every last screen had an item listed I had never heard of--(I'm a fairly literate midwestern USA native). But the idea of having to poke around at random with hopes of hitting the listed item, or taking a hint which half the time just spun a coin around without giving info, or worse exiting the game to google for a definition of the item drove us crazy. We're not looking for a game to expand our vocabulary or awareness of multi-ethnic terms. Played out the demo & deleted.

[Post New]by damel1970 on Dec 18, 08 3:17 PM
Grama132004 wrote:i too am disappointed in this game. i wish I had not purchased the game at all, but when i tried it out for an hr it looked pretty good......so i purchased it. To me, its not worth it.
There is no menu to get out of this game at all. What is with that?
The coin where it says Hints......all it does it keep spinning and no hints.
And I wish your designers of this game would leave snakes out of the games. I hate snakes, yes even on games. I do not like them.

So sorry I purchased this game. Most likely will delete the game for ever.

Grama132004

fiskite
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by fiskite on Dec 26, 08 2:54 AM
What a total waste of money. This game was too short and too easy. Finished the game in a couple of hours. Now wished I would not have bought it. Save your money!

Marcie28018
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Marcie28018 on Dec 27, 08 9:19 PM
Thank you all I was going to purchas this game.
Not now.
Marcie

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Dec 29, 08 6:19 PM
Game is ok, just hate some of the small parts like monkey shoot pearls, that wasn't so fun, also I guess i have to go back now that I have found the things I lacked in previous places like the key

willowb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by willowb on Jan 1, 09 3:56 AM
Thanks,
Reading these reviews just confirms my suspicions. Not going to buy this one either.

[Post New]by yogicll98513 on Jan 2, 09 9:33 PM
I can't find the rowboat at the end. Help!!!

[Post New]by formeiling on Jan 19, 09 3:55 PM
not worth the money....

Go to: