getting the dragonfly

[Post New]by margaretpat on Feb 11, 11 8:28 PM
Help it`s been 30 generations and I still havn`t gotten the dragonfly. Is it a glitch in my system. Has anyone else gotten the dragonfly

Re:getting the dragonfly

[Post New]by jbenton20 on Feb 17, 11 7:49 AM
Hi just to let you guys know ... the dragonfly does exist, luckily for me i spotted it, only seen it that once. I am stuck on a moth got the red one..if you dont want to know where the dragon fly is..... dont read on!!!!!!....
Its located at the side of the house towards the back, on the grass opposite the hose pipe... I only spotted it by the little white spots that come up above the item ... good luck.... if you know where to look for the other moth would be thrilled....cheers or at least what colour..

[Post New]by deedee_44dd on Feb 17, 11 1:28 PM
Is the dragonfly always there or do you just have to get lucky to see it like the other collectibles?

[Post New]by deedee_44dd on Feb 17, 11 1:31 PM
When I first started playing (recently) I went on-line to learn more about this game and it showed the house at night with lamps on. Playing on my iphone4, there is never a "night" time. Is it supposed to be dark outside anytime with this game?

lilrikku32
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by lilrikku32 on Feb 17, 11 4:34 PM
I got the dragonfly and found it on the left side of the workshop when it was raining.
So it will show up anytime & yes it is lucky.
It does get dark outside of the house, I believe at about 8:00 pm or so , until morning.

Eventually
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Eventually on Feb 18, 11 5:28 AM
I finally got the last of the collection, & that hard to find dragonfly on my 10th generation, then the game was updated last year & I lost my whole family.

I am now only on my 3rd generation & still have to find 2 more in this collection & another rare coin.

I have found that patience, extreme patience is needed with this game, as many times when it starts raining is when I'm ready to leave & as have spent a long time with the family & they are then tired.

[Post New]by MunchkinKat on Mar 4, 11 10:10 AM
I found the dragonfly after a neigbor sent me an e-mail saying there was a rare collectible in my yard. Not sure if this is how it works for everyone, but it might be something to watch for!

[Post New]by stacey506 on Mar 9, 11 4:58 AM
i found mine just the other day after 32 generations beside the birds nest. has anyone located the locust?? i still need that and the moth.

lilrikku32
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by lilrikku32 on Mar 9, 11 6:11 AM
If you mean the bug that is at the top-left of the collection , it is purple or lavender in color. I found it behind the workshop by the birdhouse. I am missing 2 bugs also ,I have the brown beetle on the top right, I am missing the 2 bugs to the left of that beetle. One of those looks like another beetle and the other looks like a butterfly.If any found these 2 , I just need to know what color they are. I am on my 11 generation and have collected everything except those 2 bugs.

Night time

[Post New]by deedee_44dd on Mar 15, 11 4:38 PM
Hello again. I have played this game at all hours and it still never seems to be night time. Someone responded saying it gets dark outside at about 8 pm (thanks for answering!) but I have played way past that and it's never dark. I am playing on my iphone 4, does that make a difference?

As for bugs, I never seem to see anything much and have only collected 3 and repetitions of those. Very frustrating. Maybe the developers of this game could shed some light?? It's great to provide a challenge, but not so much that people lose interest don'tcha think?

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 4:40:01 PM PST

Schnecco
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Schnecco on Mar 15, 11 9:36 PM
Hi deedee, I play on the iPhone 4, too, and there is no noticeable difference between day and night, or when you use the bottle of tropical sunshine when it is already sunny, for that matter. On the computer, there is no doubt when it is nighttime; everything is all dark except for the lights in the house and the streetlamps outside; very cozy-looking actually. Also, on the computer, when you un-cork tropical sunshine, it creates rays of light that you don't see on the iPhone.

Some of the rarer collectables, expecially bugs, really are frustrating. Ironically, on my iPhone, I have found the dragonfly and am only missing two of the bugs. On my computer, I have yet to find the dragonfly, or the snail, which is my favorite creature ever. @_y (But it is NOT a bug!!!!) My iPhone family found it in the fourth generation, at least. I think they made the chances of the rare and even uncommon bugs appearing a little too low.

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 9:37:34 PM PST

[Post New]by stacey506 on Mar 15, 11 11:59 PM
lilrikku i the other bettle looking but is gold with a purple outline i found mine beside the sand box when it was raining. i haven't found the moth that looks like its wings are down? that and the locust are the only ones i'm missing . ty for the info on the locust. now if it would ever show up that would be even better lol.

dawnette
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dawnette on Mar 28, 11 3:57 PM
i'm on around my 30th generation on my iphone and I've only found 2 bugs. Is there something I'm doing wrong? am i missing them, it's gotten extremely boring. My family has around 500,000,000 in the bank... they must earn some awesome interest or something...

Go to: