bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 12, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum

[Post New]by glasslady918 on Feb 12, 11 6:51 AM

what's with this "upacking resources" bit, it's eating into my playing time?

jr449
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jr449 on Feb 12, 11 10:52 PM
I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 10:58:27 PM PST

[Post New]by bruno102577 on Feb 13, 11 8:20 AM
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

I totally agree. I beta tested this game and was so looking forward to playing the whole game that I bought it. I feel like I was ripped off since it was "4 episodes" only. When I got through the first episode and said to continue to second episode I was so impressed, because it was neat the way they did a recap graphic novel style. If I had known I was only going to get 4 episodes I never would have wasted the money (or in my case free credit). They should have given some warning (ie. Game should be called dying for daylight part one, or offered the game as one of those $2.99 specials)

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 8:23:40 AM PST

[Post New]by gramkracker48756 on Feb 13, 11 10:11 AM
Another game that won't start. Would like to see the trial to decide if purchasing it would be wise. Guess I won't be buying this one. Good Job ..Big Fish !!!!!!

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Feb 13, 11 1:04 PM
I loved the game...different...campy music...love the vamp theme...had fun with this game..not as boring as some HOGs...looking forward to the sequel...

Ramlynne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ramlynne on Feb 13, 11 1:18 PM
Game won't start for me - another one I can't play. It just comes on as a white screen with a circle going round and round and doesn't do anything else. I have missed out on some good games because of this. I know it's not my computer because other people have the same problem.

Sorry, I was just looking forward to spending my lazy Sunday playing this game. Now I have to find something else to play.

trout10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

PART 2

[Post New]by trout10 on Feb 14, 11 3:25 AM
I AM PLAYING THIS GAME AT THE MOMENT FROM ANOTHER SITE AND ON THERE YOU GET PART 2 ITS A GOOD GAME QUITE FUNNY THE GAME IS FREE FULL VERSION.HAPPY GAMING.

[Post New]by mrsbigslowtom on Feb 14, 11 4:53 PM
This was a really fun game and I am looking forward to the sequel!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

PART 2

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 14, 11 5:16 PM
trout10 wrote:I AM PLAYING THIS GAME AT THE MOMENT FROM ANOTHER SITE AND ON THERE YOU GET PART 2 ITS A GOOD GAME QUITE FUNNY THE GAME IS FREE FULL VERSION.HAPPY GAMING.

How can you be playing Chapter 2. It hasn't been finished or released yet.

[Post New]by 1blossem on Feb 14, 11 8:41 PM
Was so dissapointed when it ended. I thought I missed something or something was wrong with the game. It will be a great game if they can complete the adventure till the end. I loved the humor, the attitude and the lines in this one. It's a toss up weather to buy it as is or wait till they have more.

PART 2

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 16, 11 1:06 AM
mcurty wrote:
trout10 wrote:I AM PLAYING THIS GAME AT THE MOMENT FROM ANOTHER SITE AND ON THERE YOU GET PART 2 ITS A GOOD GAME QUITE FUNNY THE GAME IS FREE FULL VERSION.HAPPY GAMING.

How can you be playing Chapter 2. It hasn't been finished or released yet.
I was thinking about that too.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 16, 11 1:28 AM
Hi there,
In actual fact, you get 4 chapters in this version...with a "to be continued" at the end.
So....hopefully the next instalment won't be too long in development etc so those of us who had a good time with this irrelevant heroine and quirky game can continue on with our journey.
Cheers

[Post New]by meme1963 on Feb 16, 11 1:13 PM
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

Actually you purchased 1/4 a game as there are 4 episodes to the game.

[Post New]by mauigranny on Feb 17, 11 3:36 PM
IS THERE A WALKTHROUGH FOR THIS GAME

[Post New]by passionfleur on Feb 17, 11 3:45 PM
I'm at the end of the game and I've taken the dinghy out to the ship several times. I've got the flag, the hat, the password and still i can't talk to Estrella. The woman says she has to talk to the parrot again. He's wearing his scarf and not talking. Help!!

[Post New]by MGudgeon on Feb 17, 11 7:27 PM
Same here! I'm receiving an access violation error.

[Post New]by lubelu746 on Feb 18, 11 1:24 PM

i totally agree with you on this i feel so disapointed that i wasted my money wish i would have bought something else now. i've sent a question to big fish about this i'm not happy at all seen as there was no warning at all that you would have to buy the 2nd half. when you purchase a game you expect it to be a full game.

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Feb 19, 11 12:50 PM
More glitz than game play Lots of places to click that really had no relevance to the game.

Sorry, despite the great graphics and fancy cursors, it's a no buy for me. There's just too much added that was done obviously to increase the time spent "not really playing" the game.

What ever happened to great games that you could actually play without wasting time? I've got 4 coupons and so far haven't found a game recently that warrants using them.

[Post New]by snowbirdsuz on Feb 19, 11 1:42 PM
I have gotten stuck. I click on the shelves w/the medicine in the Tattoo parlour--I get a comment about the blood thinner, but it won't let me pick it up!! I've checked the walkthru, but cannot find what to do.

Go to: