Length of game.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Length of game.

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Feb 12, 11 1:30 AM
I've been playing for just over an hour and I get "To be continued"!!!
Not too happy as I bought it and looks like I would nearly have finished it in the one hour demo!
Great game otherwise but now not so sure I will be buying the next installment.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 1:45:12 AM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Seriously short game!!

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 12, 11 1:32 AM
I haven't played the Big Fish version yet, but there should be more to play after the "to be continued." There are four parts to the game.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

Re:Seriously short game!!

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Feb 12, 11 1:44 AM
Wow - Do I feel silly!!!
Will leave this up in case anyone else has the same experience.
Thanks!!

Re:Length of game.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 12, 11 1:59 AM
Wow, when I previews about this game, I assumed they were releasing 4 different games as "episodes", but I just checked the walkthru, and yes, it has all four.
I didn't quite finish the 1st episode in the demo 50 min, if that gives any idea of length.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Feb 12, 11 2:12 AM
The game is not over yet!!
I thought the same thing when "to be continued" appeared. But there are more chapters.
It will start next chapter after a brief review of the first.
I am on chapter 3 now.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 12, 11 3:34 AM
Well, looking at the walkthrough, I am happy to say that it took me the whole hour in the demo to play Episode 1. Which means that - for me - this game will have a nice length.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Feb 12, 11 4:14 AM
Took me about 4 hours to play all the episodes.....and, it's "to be continued" in a sequel "coming soon" (darn it!). I just hope it's VERY soon and not 6 months down the road. I loved the game!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 12, 11 5:39 AM
60schild wrote:Took me about 4 hours to play all the episodes.....and, it's "to be continued" in a sequel "coming soon" (darn it!). I just hope it's VERY soon and not 6 months down the road. I loved the game!

I bought "Love and Death: Bitten" about a year ago, still waiting for the 2nd half. It was the DD about a week or so ago. Don't think I'll br buying this one untill the 2nd half comes out. Or better yet maybe it will go to DD before the other half comes out. No buy for me today.

maddee51
Clownfish
Clownfish
689 Posts

[Post New]by maddee51 on Feb 12, 11 5:42 AM
cll1950 thank you for posting as I also bougth love and death and am impatiently waiting for the sequel so, for once, I'm going to be buying it on the DD offer if it goes to it

tlonestar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by tlonestar on Feb 12, 11 5:56 AM
So is this a four part (buy one part at a time) game? And don't laugh but what is a DD? Everyone wants to wait for the DD???? HUH? Thanks.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 12, 11 6:04 AM
tlonestar wrote:So is this a four part (buy one part at a time) game? And don't laugh but what is a DD? Everyone wants to wait for the DD???? HUH? Thanks.

No the 4 parts are all in this game and apparently there is a sequel. A DD is the Daily Deal just under the TGT Tomorrows Game Today. Never be afraid to ask a question, we have all had to learn. Hope this helps.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 12, 11 6:08 AM
Thanks for the info! I wondered about the chapters too.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 12, 11 6:19 AM
I believe that even though it is 4 part it ends up being continued at the end of the 4th part. I took my info from 60schild post. I could be wrong, as I didn't play. Maybe someone who finished could clear this up.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 6:21:31 AM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Feb 12, 11 7:10 AM
cll1950 wrote:I believe that even though it is 4 part it ends up being continued at the end of the 4th part. I took my info from 60schild post. I could be wrong, as I didn't play. Maybe someone who finished could clear this up.

Yes you're right. You play the 4 episodes of this game and then Dahlia says that there are 4 more pieces of the recipe to find. Then, it's "to be continued".

Great game and really wish they hadn't done it this way as I want to continue playing it NOW!

Just hope they get the second half of the game out soon.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Length of game.

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 12, 11 9:08 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been playing for just over an hour and I get "To be continued"!!!
Not too happy as I bought it and looks like I would nearly have finished it in the one hour demo!
Great game otherwise but now not so sure I will be buying the next installment.

That "To be continued" happens 4 times in this game. It occurs at the end of each 4 chapters. Each chapter took me about an hour.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Feb 12, 11 11:00 AM
This game is a good length. I have been playing this games for a long time so consider myself to be average+, and it took me at least 4 hours. I have not had a story entertain me like this one for a while.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Feb 12, 11 12:09 PM
I finished in a little over 3 hours. This was the first game in a LONG time I have played where I did not want to hit the skip button on all the storyline parts. The only part I really struggled with was making the stupid pigs sing, finally skipped it.

A little annoyed that the game doesn't actually end...i wanna see the rest of the story! I really hope it doesn't end up like coconut queen...where you wait and wait but never get the next part!

[Post New]by GameCrazy10 on Feb 12, 11 3:49 PM
Seahorse.....I agree with you. I do not want to wait 6 months or more for the rest of this game. After episode 4 we are left with waiting for the next part of this game. It is not over by a long shot at 4 episodes. Waiting too long is not cool to have the "rest of the story".

Please, please not so long for the next episodes like we wait for the next ongoing game as we have for others! Just begging because the game is so good.

Such a great game!

jadewolf82
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jadewolf82 on Feb 12, 11 5:34 PM
Was about 10 minutes into chapter 2 when my hour ran out. Seems like an enjoyable game. The heroine is kinda snarky, but I like it!

[Post New]by gryffwitch37 on Mar 3, 11 6:45 PM
I am with the rest of you, when should we expect the rest of the games, the next episodes....this is a great game, but I would have loved to see the rest of it, love Dahila...

Go to: