nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

That catchy theme tune ...

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 12, 11 5:28 AM
(I don't think this is against forum rules....)

Is by Scarlet Furies and is called 'Young Goodman Brown', I'm sure one of the reviewers said they would download it if they could (sorry, couldn't find the comment second time of looking) - anyway...

Went through the credits to find out who it was by, because it was so good.

The band have a web page.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 6:23:55 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:That cachy theme tune ...

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 12, 11 6:09 AM
Good find! Their website features some other songs that are really, really good. Kind of a fusion of rock, blue grass and country? I don't know music genres that well, but I really like this.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:That catchy theme tune ...

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 12, 11 6:24 AM
So do I!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 12, 11 7:58 AM

I, too, love the opening music!

I usually ignore, tolerate or turn down game music - but I turned this up!!

Burgy
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Burgy on Feb 12, 11 8:03 AM
And I used up a chunk of my demo just listening !!!!!

U25150
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by U25150 on Feb 12, 11 12:49 PM
I contacted the band about their CD. You can get it from Amazon & iTunes. I really like their sound and especially their cover of Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box."

I'm lucky they are a So Cali band. I'm going to check out one of their gigs at The Whiskey.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 12, 11 2:43 PM
I went to amazon right after seeing this thread and ordered their CD. I envy you getting to see them live.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 12, 11 4:07 PM
I am a big Nirvana fan and will say that the Nirvana version of "Heart Shaped Box" is better as it contains that gritty, dirty feel to it and that is what the song needs ... But each to their own.

Too many people try to make Kurt's songs "happy" or make the lyrics pronounced and known, but these songs are not about that...Grunge is not about that.
I mean how many people still get confused by the lyrics of "Smells Like Teen Spirit?!"

Personally speaking I nearly always turn the music off and this music was too country for me, but it was good to see something different used for "Theme Music".

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Feb 12, 11 6:13 PM
Thank you! I was trying to find the song.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 12, 11 11:44 PM
This band also does some of the music for Jane Jensen's new Adventure Game - Gray Matter due out in the USA the end of the month. Robert Holmes, of the Scarlet Furies band, is Jane Jensen's husband and also did the music for the Gabriel Knight games of Jane Jensen fame.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 11:45:26 PM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 13, 11 5:07 AM
mcurty wrote:This band also does some of the music for Jane Jensen's new Adventure Game - Gray Matter due out in the USA the end of the month. Robert Holmes, of the Scarlet Furies band, is Jane Jensen's husband and also did the music for the Gabriel Knight games of Jane Jensen fame.

I LOVE the Gabriel Knight games, if you mean the really old ones that you paid £30 on floppies (now running off to find them lol)

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 10:27 AM
@nellie,
Those are the ones. Thanks to another game site out there, you can now get those games as a download and they run on modern machines. Very reasonable price -- all for the price of one "back in the days."

I recognized (thought of) Dahlia as the female Gabriel Knight. Her demeanor is very much like his in the 1st GK game.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 13, 11 4:55 PM
I bet they got a nice little spike in sales thanks to this game. Ingenious way of broadening your audience..

Re:That cachy theme tune ...

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 13, 11 6:43 PM
snapnhiss wrote:Good find! Their website features some other songs that are really, really good. Kind of a fusion of rock, blue grass and country? I don't know music genres that well, but I really like this.

I think you got it right. I'll probably get it off of itune later this month.

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Feb 15, 11 7:32 PM
I really like the song Young Goodman Brown. Very interesting in that the Scarlet Furies bill themselves, among other things, as "Goth". Young Goodman Brown is also the title of a short story by Nathaniel Hawthorne (Salem witch trials type stuff). And of course, this is a vampire game. Kinda cool when stuff all connects, huh?

[Post New]by Gothicrose100 on Feb 16, 11 4:23 PM
Yea, I like the music too, will be buying some of their music

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 16, 11 5:54 PM
Count me in as a fan of the catchy tune. Really really nice and one I will have to have.

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Feb 20, 11 2:26 PM
Thanks for the tip NellieGemini !
I've just ordered the CD from Amazon... fantastic tune!

[Post New]by debrarevel on Feb 25, 11 10:11 AM
As soon as I heard the song while playing the game I went straight to iTunes and downloaded it. I'm even going to make a ringtone out of it; I loved it that much.

The game is really good too.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 28, 11 5:13 PM
I did a search for the lyrics and can't find anything. Anyone with any info?

Go to: