Charlaine Harris?

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Charlaine Harris?

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Feb 12, 11 10:45 AM
So who the heck is Charlaine Harris if Dahlia is the main character? The author of the story? the songwriter? the singer?

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

Re:Charlaine Harris?

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Feb 12, 11 10:46 AM
The Charlaine Harris I know is the author of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Feb 12, 11 12:05 PM
Thanks. I'm not into vampires so I had never heard of those books.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Feb 12, 11 12:53 PM
True Blood on HBO is based on her Sookie series. They are a bit different than your normal vamp books, they are FUNNY! They are for adults, blood, sex and cussing but a lot of humor too. I wish the game was with the HBO actors, I want to do Real Bad Things with Eric .

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 12, 11 12:59 PM
I like the Sookie Stackhouse series; just my type of humour

And I so love the Real Bad Things theme tune

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

[Post New]by LoriW on Feb 12, 11 2:49 PM
Charlaine Harris of the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood series fame was indeed involved in the making of this game. Dahlia is a character in some of the Sookieverse short stories and Charlaine was involved in the storyline of the game.

If vampires aren't your thing then Charlaine has some other murder mystery series you may like:

Harper Connelly series - Harper gets involved in murder investigations as she has the ability to find dead bodies (not as gruesome as it sounds) - 1st Book: Grave Sight

Aurora Teagarden series - Aurora is a librarian who is a real crime buff and finds herself going from discussing cases to investigating them - 1st Book: Real Murders

Lily Bard series - Lily is a cleaner with a secret past who finds herself caught up in a series of murder investigations - 1st Book: Shakespeare's Landlord

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Feb 12, 11 2:57 PM
I love true blood too. I can watch it in Germany at Sky, it is a pay-tv-channel. The "bad things theme" is great. But I have no one to do bad things. Happy gaming

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Feb 12, 11 3:08 PM
@ GrandWeeze

Don't worry - I didn't know who she was either. I don't watch True Blood so had no idea......never mind eh!.......

But it's still a brilliant game (lots of fun!!)

Kel

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 12, 11 3:25 PM
LoriW wrote:Charlaine Harris of the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood series fame was indeed involved in the making of this game. Dahlia is a character in some of the Sookieverse short stories and Charlaine was involved in the storyline of the game.

If vampires aren't your thing then Charlaine has some other murder mystery series you may like:

Harper Connelly series - Harper gets involved in murder investigations as she has the ability to find dead bodies (not as gruesome as it sounds) - 1st Book: Grave Sight

Aurora Teagarden series - Aurora is a librarian who is a real crime buff and finds herself going from discussing cases to investigating them - 1st Book: Real Murders

Lily Bard series - Lily is a cleaner with a secret past who finds herself caught up in a series of murder investigations - 1st Book: Shakespeare's Landlord

Aurora Teagarden was my first introduction to Ms Harris' writing, that's a fun series.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 12, 11 4:30 PM
Dark_Promise wrote: I want to do Real Bad Things with Eric .

When the heck does True Blood come back on?? Can't remember if it is a summer show?

BarbLeigh
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by BarbLeigh on Feb 12, 11 6:28 PM
Lover her books. The Harper Connelly ones are my favorite, but I've read all of them.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Feb 13, 11 5:14 AM
For those of you who are wondering who Charlaine Harris is - you must check out True Blood (TV series)!!!
I haven't actually read the books yet, but the TV series is brilliant (not suitable for kiddies tho ).

[Post New]by T_Liane on Feb 13, 11 8:42 AM
When I saw Charlaine Harris, I did a double take! My Mom, sister and I are huge Sookie/True Blood fans so we rushed out to buy this game. I've read all her series and thought they're great, easy, fun reads. Maybe if she sells enough of this game she'll make one of Sookie...would LOVE to see Eric! Absolutely love him!

As for the game, I've only played an hour, but I'm happy with it so far. I would have bought it anyway...I'm that big a Charlaine Harris fan! Let's cross our fingers the next game has Sookie and Eric...although it would be fun to see a game with Lily Bard kicking some serious ****!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 13, 11 9:05 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:
Dark_Promise wrote: I want to do Real Bad Things with Eric .

When the heck does True Blood come back on?? Can't remember if it is a summer show?

It is a summer show. It starts in either June or July. I am looking forward to the next season. I hope that Sookie and Eric will finally hook up. I love Eric too. Because I am a True Blood fan I am really loving Dying For Daylight. It makes me feel like I am in the TV Show. Someone here said Dahlia is from the True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse universe. I didn't know that. Although I haven't read all of the books, so maybe that is why I didn't know. She actually reminds me of the vampire Pam from True Blood and I like her character a lot.

[Post New]by Rasenna611 on Feb 13, 11 10:29 PM
I adore Charlaine's Sookie series and really enjoy the Harper Connolly series too. It was an honor to meet her a few years ago and have her sign some of mine and my mom's books. It's also neat that she was born and still lives here in Arkansas! I'll try the game for an hour and if I like it, I've use my monthly credit to buy it.

Sara

zeiladae
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by zeiladae on Feb 13, 11 10:35 PM
I read a article from a google search about her playing the game and getting stuck. She likes the game and her assistant is helping her figure out the puzzles.

Eta. It also said this was her first computer game she has played.

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 10:38:30 PM PST

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 14, 11 4:55 AM
I just learned from an interview with Charlaine Harris about Dying for Daylight that Dahlia is part of the Sookie Stackhouse universe. I didn't know that. Dahlia has been in some short stories that take place in Sookie's world. The game is loosely based on those stories, but also had some new content written by Harris for it as well.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering why Sookie, Eric, Bill etc. are not in this game, it's because she does not have the rights to using their likeness in a game, since HBO owns them now.

[Post New]by T_Liane on Feb 14, 11 9:28 AM
That's too bad! I would have loved to see Sookie, Bill and Eric in a game! I'm still a big fan of Charlaine Harris and I'm sure I'll enjoy any book, show or game she comes out with. I hope this game is popular enough for her to continue making more. I haven't finished it yet, but read that it leads to a sequel. I hope there's more to come...even if Charlaine struggles to play them herself! She's a great writer...I get a real kick out of her stories!

[Post New]by T_Liane on Feb 14, 11 9:32 AM
Rasenna611 wrote:I adore Charlaine's Sookie series and really enjoy the Harper Connolly series too. It was an honor to meet her a few years ago and have her sign some of mine and my mom's books. It's also neat that she was born and still lives here in Arkansas! I'll try the game for an hour and if I like it, I've use my monthly credit to buy it.

Sara

That's very cool! Would love to meet her and have her sign my books, but live in Canada and doubt it'll ever happen. I enjoyed the Harper Connelly books too and hope she's writing more. Her stories are very original and hard to put down once you start. She's a great writer!

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 9:35:53 AM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Feb 14, 11 3:57 PM
I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books, and I think that this game wonderfully captures that world. The atmosphere and the snarky, funny heroine are perfect.
I was worried that gamers not familiar with her books wouldn't "get" the Vampire Wars, the V.Q., vampires as citizens, etc. Charlaine should be proud to put her name on this game!

Go to: