Hey everyone !

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Feb 12, 11 9:37 PM
Hello to my favorite "pond". I have a question or need some feedback. One game that is catching my eye is the MCF: 13th Skull. Has anyone played it ? And if so, is it worth it ? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure all the games are "worth it"...I just want an interesting first game as a new member. Please share your thoughts with me on this. Thanks....Sharon

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

Re:Hey everyone !

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 12, 11 9:42 PM
Hi sharonklaus

What other games have you played. Have you played any of the other MCF ? I played the 13th Skull and really liked it but RTR is better I think and I actually liked Dire Grove better too.

Hey everyone !

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Feb 12, 11 9:46 PM
I haven't played any other MCF games yet. Please don't think I'm stupid when I ask this question, but what is RTR ? I'm new here and trying to "fish" my way around....Sharon

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 12, 11 9:51 PM
Hi and Welcome!

RTR is Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst. It is an iHOG/Adventure game. Beautiful graphics. It would help to know what other games you have played. RTR is still a bit over my head. I'm easing into it by playing games that have some "hand-holding". Hope you find a good one. There are sooo many here.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 12, 11 9:55 PM
Sorry for the abbreviation. It is a habit.

What games have you played and what kind of games do you like. Then we would be better able to recommend games to start off with.

No such thing as a stupid question by the way... it was my fault completely

Hey everyone !

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Feb 12, 11 9:59 PM
Like I said, I have not played any other HOG's yet because I'm new here. I guess I would place myself in the "mystery and suspense" category. I like solving clues and puzzles. And I LOVE challenges.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Feb 12, 11 10:03 PM
sent you a PM

There are a ton of game. Since you haven't played any I am not sure the 13th Skull would be the best to start off with.

Sammyk1ns
Marlin
Marlin
8,095 Posts

Hey everyone !

[Post New]by Sammyk1ns on Feb 12, 11 10:04 PM
sharonklaus8567 wrote:Hello to my favorite "pond". I have a question or need some feedback. One game that is catching my eye is the MCF: 13th Skull. Has anyone played it ? And if so, is it worth it ? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure all the games are "worth it"...I just want an interesting first game as a new member. Please share your thoughts with me on this. Thanks....Sharon

Welcome Sharon,

I would like to say - I was a large file gamer - a game that lasted a couple of weeks, and then I found BFG, and many games, but then came Dire Grove, their best game ever..I demoed for 10 mins and had to buy it, this years episode was awful

Go ahead and buy Dire Grove, it is a fantastic game

Dynamix_
Narwhal
Narwhal
36,723 Posts

[Post New]by Dynamix_ on Feb 12, 11 10:15 PM
Hi, welcome to the forums

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Feb 12, 11 11:09 PM
I don't think that 13th Skull was the best MCF game,in that series I preferred Dire
Grove.
Or if you haven't played any Hidden Object Games before,why not try some before
buying.
WELCOME TO BFG !

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Feb 12, 11 11:48 PM
Hi Sharon ....

13th skull is great but if you Haven't played MCF Return to Ravenhearst (RTR).... you should get this one before ........

And then, Dire Grove ..... this one has a CE and a SE version. RTR has only a SE version but it's so great and definitively worth it !!!

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Feb 13, 11 12:04 AM
I love MCF, but I agree with marie, RTR then Dire Grove. I personally did not care for the 13th Skull...one of the few.
SnowMeow

Rohangirl
Stingray
Stingray
5,716 Posts

[Post New]by Rohangirl on Feb 13, 11 3:38 AM
I enjoyed 13th Skull, but like the others the Return to Ravenhearst series is good.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 13, 11 3:50 AM
13th skull Collectors Edition (CE) was one of my first big HOG games, and i really loved it. you'll find that a lot of people mentioned there was a lot of 'hand holding' which really helped me.
i didn't need the walkthrough (you'll find a link the the 13th skull forum) but have looked at it since and its great
there is also a LOT of support in the forums if you get stuck, and loads of advice already out there
this really set me up to play other games as there really is a bit of everything!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Feb 13, 11 4:35 AM
I liked them all (RTR / DG / 13thy Skull) but was not so keen on some of the earlier MCF games which appeared to be straight HOGs.
The Edgar Allen Poe games are also good IHOGS.

heartless500
Catfish
Catfish
1,605 Posts

[Post New]by heartless500 on Feb 13, 11 6:25 AM
Return to Ravenhurst is one of the best ihog's ever!!

I actually bought it "retail" and found BF thru that game (was kind of hard not to! LOL)

I actually enjoyed the whole list of Mystery Case File games - altho 13 skulls was just a tad "demeaning" having to run around doing things for everyone else.

other games that I enjoyed immensly

Enlightenus
Enlightenus II
Lost in Time: The Clockwork Tower
Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera
Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

and for something a little different...

Syberia
Syberia II
BOTH excellent games!

peanutfish
Manatee
Manatee
3,948 Posts

[Post New]by peanutfish on Feb 13, 11 6:44 AM
I also enjoyed,

Dark Parables: The Curse of Briar Rose
Awakening: The Dreamless Castle
Awakening: Moonfell Wood
Magic Encyclopedia - All of them
Treasure Seekers - All of them
The Dark Hills of Cherai
Mushroom Age
Mishap: An Accidental Haunting
1 Penguin 100 Cases

These are just a few games that I have really enjoyed playing.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Feb 13, 11 9:10 AM
Try the two Joyville games. Beautiful, entertaining, so-so difficult and really good!

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 22, 11 9:55 AM
Hi sharonklaus8567,

If you ever want to find out a bit more about the fishies' opinions of a game, be sure to pop over into the Game Forums. These are easy to get to, just click the Forums tab on the home page.

There will be a section called Your Comments and Reviews.

To tie in with the OP's request, I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ game forum and this discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: