How angry am I

How angry am I

[Post New]by birdcatfish on Feb 13, 11 3:37 AM
Very. The flipping game only goes to episode four. If I had known that I wouldn't have wasted a game credit on it in the first place.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:How angry am I

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 13, 11 4:25 AM
You're right, the game should be at least nine hours long. *eye roll*

[Post New]by sherryrowe on Feb 13, 11 4:44 AM
I agree with the OP. The game should at least bring this storyline to a conclusion. If they want to make a sequel with another storyline, great. But each game should tell an entire story...not just stop in the middle.

bfforver
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bfforver on Feb 13, 11 5:08 AM
I agree with you we got shafted what a rip off

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 13, 11 5:22 AM
snapnhiss wrote:You're right, the game should be at least nine hours long. *eye roll*

LOL Some peeps are just never happy.

[Post New]by minniesamson on Feb 13, 11 5:29 AM
Thanks for the warning

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 13, 11 5:58 AM
Sorry to hear that you are angry. It's a good game and I hope that the sequel comming soon.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 13, 11 6:00 AM
Valdy wrote:
snapnhiss wrote:You're right, the game should be at least nine hours long. *eye roll*

LOL Some peeps are just never happy.
You said it and I thought it.

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Feb 13, 11 6:14 AM
I have never, in four years of playing games with Big Fish, had a game simply STOP in the middle of the action and storyline.. and at full price too! While I loved the game, it would be prudent for Big Fish to title the game "Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight-Part one" and then let us know when part two is coming out.

That being said, it was a fantastic game and I really enjoyed the artwork and the story.. The CIA guy looks a bit too much like a 14 year old boy! Other than that the characters are fantastic! I loved everything about this game except the surprise ending in the middle of the action.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Feb 13, 11 7:43 AM
You guys are all probably too young to remember serialization, but there was a time when books and movies and TV shows were told in parts. You'd go back to the theater every Saturday to see the next installment of your favorite western or whatever. And how about the cliffhanger endings on TV series?

I'm not trying to minimize the frustration you're expressing but the devs sure have you hungering for the next installment, don't they? Nothing new under the sun.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Feb 13, 11 7:50 AM
I just finished the game and I have to say I am not angry at all. I had too much fun in the 4 episodes to be angry and grateful for every time a comment was made or graphic that made me smile or laugh. Normally I don't like games that leave me hanging for more of the ending, but this game is an exeception. I hope there will be a serial of games with this character because I will buy everyone. Here is my opinion and answer to your question, I loved every second of the game. I am so looking forward to part 2.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 13, 11 8:27 AM
Linde36 wrote:I have never, in four years of playing games with Big Fish, had a game simply STOP in the middle of the action and storyline...

I wouldn´t say the game simply stopped in the middle of the action. The game had a great ending, just the perfect ending for a cliffhanger, in fact. An ending that doesn´t leave you hanging around wondering whether the hero(ine) will survive the trap (s)he has just gone into - the things you see in old-fashioned cliffhangers.

No, this was a perfect ending, IMO. The ending makes me look forward to Chapter 2, but it doesn´t make me gnaw at my fingernails, wondering what will happen next. And the game had a GREAT length as well.

KCCT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KCCT on Feb 13, 11 9:13 AM
I loved the game, but am incredibly shocked that it ended like that. When she said just four more, I was expecting four more. Kept trying to go back and play more. This one could have been handled better.

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Feb 13, 11 12:13 PM
It was a GREAT game! Bravo! Two opposable thumbs up!

I'm not mad...I just didn't appreciated not being WARNED in the title (Charlaine Harris ying for Daylight- part I, for example) that we would only get to play half of the game for full price. I was clicking around all over creation to get to episode 5, while waiting for the caffeine to kick in, but I figured it out.

Yes, serialization is fun, the dev's got us on the hook for part two, but I wasn't happy about the lack of notification that we weren't going to play a full storyline. I hope this isn't a new trend, as I would hate to have to look up each forum first to see if I can expect to play a complete game or not.

All being said and done..GREAT game!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 12:51 PM
How many other games have left you with the "to be continued" idea? I've seen comments about that on here quite often. The games left with the idea that there would be a sequel, but no one really knows.

This game tells you there are more episodes in the works. Something to absolutely look forward to.

Those complaining and wanting all episodes at once. Would you be willing to pay $20-$30 or more for it all at once? You no longer get 9-10-12 hour games for $6.99 -- costs too much to make them. And this one is a real bargain because it was an expensive production with the storyline, art, music and great voice-overs.

I'd also like all episodes now, but I understand the makings of this and love the way they serialized it. At least we got 4 episodes at once -- looking forward to the next 4.

[Post New]by loganofan on Feb 13, 11 1:55 PM
I do agree that this is a good game but I did find it to be short and the fact that we aren't warned that you are only going to get half a game kind of sucks. That being said, i probably still would have bought it but I like it better when you get more than 3 - 4 hours of game play.

[Post New]by birdcatfish on Feb 13, 11 1:55 PM
I never said I didn't like the game. What I didn't appreciate was that the story hadn't ended and now I have to wait to finish. AND on top of that the length at four episodes was not very long at all. It was extremely disappointing for the game to end and the developers should be ashamed of themselves, cutting a potentially great game in the middle. If MCF can put out an eight hour game I see no reason for this developer NOT to do the same. Now a great game is, in my opinion, mediocre.

[Post New]by Islandphish on Feb 13, 11 2:01 PM
jellow10 wrote:You guys are all probably too young to remember serialization, but there was a time when books and movies and TV shows were told in parts. You'd go back to the theater every Saturday to see the next installment of your favorite western or whatever. And how about the cliffhanger endings on TV series?

I'm not trying to minimize the frustration you're expressing but the devs sure have you hungering for the next installment, don't they? Nothing new under the sun.

[Post New]by Islandphish on Feb 13, 11 2:03 PM
Doing things in instalments is all very well, but at least they could have notified us that this was the case. As it is, we all paid for the game, thoroughly enjoyed it and then - poof - no more chapters. So we're in the middle of this plot, and now have to wait an unspecified time until we can continue. I don't post often, but this really stinks!

lindac1220
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by lindac1220 on Feb 13, 11 5:00 PM
And here I was thinking I had a good long game to last me a few days!!! Just OVER, not happy about this, I agree that the game story should finish in the same game and if they want a sequel so be it!!
Hoping it's not going to be forever fot the rest of the game to come out!!

Go to: