hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

"to be continued" sucks

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Feb 14, 11 1:14 AM
I understand the concept of ending a game with "to be continued" or with short chapter books. I don't like the way most of these games end with it now and I find it frustrating and unnecessary.

I think if the game is good we will all remember and buy it. I often feel cheated out of a good ending. If the game is good I would buy the next one. I think ending a game or anything like this leaves the story hanging and the reader with too many unanswered questions, making the story meaningless.

Developers can make a good story game and end it and come out with a sequel without dropping us suddenly. I think its a lazy way to tell a story. I sure wouldn't read a book like that and I hate movies like that.

Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:"to be continued" sucks

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Feb 14, 11 9:15 AM
I hope you're not referring to the end of chapter one when it says "to be continued"! That is not the end of the game -continue on with the game for more chapters.

[Post New]by corporatecowgirl on Feb 15, 11 2:11 AM
It is kind of frustrating, but it is worth it. I am an avid reader, and there have been many many series by various authors that leave you hanging until the next book. It gives you something to look forward to LOL.

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Feb 15, 11 5:10 AM
@Ongoldenpond: Chapter four ends abruptly, and that's the end of the game.

[Post New]by pwrinda on Feb 15, 11 5:58 AM
I agree! I didn't even realize that the game ended. I just went back to play some more and thought I had a glitz because the awards screen kept coming up. Now I realize after reading the numerous amount of comments that no one realized it was half of a game.

[Post New]by wpracine on Jul 12, 11 10:28 AM
Has there been any talk as to when the sequel will come out. I've been waiting and waiting but nothing. I'm anxious to get back to it and finishing the game. I think it sucks the way it ended. They should have put "Part 1" in the title or something.

sqkylyndi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sqkylyndi on Jul 13, 11 12:57 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I feel cheated, not only by the developers for not including part 1 in the title, but by big fish for not including it in the description, and for charging full price.
I understand the need for everybody to make their money, but this is absurd. If the game is good and has a great ending, there's no need for half a game. Look at MCF series. Each one had a pretty good and clear ending, leaving just enough for you to know that there was going to be a sequel.(well, maybe not RTR as 2 games have come out and we still haven't heard about "the son") I digress. Sorry.
I think there was a better way of going about it that's all, and I've complained to big fish about it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 13, 11 1:19 AM
Oh P L E A S E,
Give us all a break!!
This conversation has been "done and dusted" AGES ago, so there is no need to stir the pot so to speak any further.
The major problem as far as all of us who really enjoyed this game and want the next instalment to go ahead seems to be the fact that the next game might not actually appear at all.
So, instead of complaining about the "to be continued", if you enjoyed this game add your voice to "PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS CONTINUED".

Cheers

sqkylyndi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sqkylyndi on Jul 13, 11 7:00 PM
Where do I sign up for support of the second part?

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Oct 6, 11 3:47 PM
OK completed Part 4 NOW WHAT!

Go to: