bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 14, 11 2:49 PM
If you are having problems getting Jack of All Tribes to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

[Post New]by sassyfrasss on Mar 5, 11 10:33 AM
keep getting an error message when I try to progress on to level 28. It then closes down and takes me to my game manager. I would really like to play the rest of the game, is this a common problem?

[Post New]by tine1281 on Apr 9, 11 5:13 PM
I also have this issue with level 20. I paid money for the game and cannot play.

[Post New]by pixiedust37a on Apr 17, 11 1:32 PM
I am having trouble with level 27. I have upgraded all three cottages to 3 start, but only one of them shows a smiley face and the level never progresses. Is there a work-around?

[Post New]by LadyBadDark on Aug 14, 11 11:47 AM
Sorry for my bad english, but I am having trouble too.

This game just won't start for me ! I click on '' Play '', but they say ', thank you for playing'' and I click on '' play again'' and it stays like this.

I need help, because I've purchased this game, and I have nothing.

Can anyone help me please?

[Post New]by Doctor_Mom on Aug 14, 11 7:22 PM
I am having the same problem as LadyBadDark. The game won't start from the Game Manager window. When I click on "Play", it just goes to the Recent Activity screen with the message "Thank you for playing..." and "Play again" which when clicked just does the same thing.

(I have a Mac, and downloaded the Mac version of the game).

Thank you.

p.s. I already tried deleting and re-installing the game, but had the same problem. I haven't had this problem with any other game (and I have downloaded a LOT of them), including another game I also downloaded today with no problem.

Edited on 08/14/2011 at 7:26:10 PM PST

[Post New]by nkkim1002 on Aug 15, 11 5:19 PM
I have same issue as Doctor_mom and LadyBAdDark.
I have a mac also and I also downloaded a mac trial version. I never had any issues with any other games.
I don't want to buy until the problem is fixed.

emum
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by emum on Aug 16, 11 9:02 PM
Same here. I have tried installing it about 3 times and it won't let me start it. I also have the Mac version. If it can't be fixed, can I get my game credit back?

boredinab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by boredinab on Aug 17, 11 2:14 PM
Ditto here. Downloaded the trial twice now and I can't get the game to launch at all. I'm also on a Mac ( 10.5.8 not Lion ).

Emum, if you contact their help team I'm sure they will give you a credit

Edited on 08/17/2011 at 2:15:43 PM PST

[Post New]by MA_Mom on Aug 18, 11 12:07 PM
I too am having the same problem of the game not starting. Has anybody been given a solution?

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Aug 18, 11 12:41 PM
Same problem as everybody else--the game just says, "Thanks for playing," when I haven't even gotten to play yet. Please fix this!

[Post New]by savvybeas on Aug 18, 11 2:18 PM
Same problem with the mac verson

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 18, 11 3:48 PM
Hello folks,

For those of you unable to play this game on Mac, please take a look at the following help article for some troubleshooting steps that might help:

Mac Game Errors

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our Mac reps will be happy to help. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

boredinab
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by boredinab on Aug 20, 11 6:19 PM
Turns out you need OS X 10.6 to run this game. I've only got 10.5.8. I guess it'll have to wait until I upgrade to Lion later this year.

Ichthys
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ichthys on Aug 21, 11 1:44 AM
Wow that's kinda silly?? There are lots of us who are still running Leopard and Snow Leopard on our Macs, please come up with a version for those of us who haven't upgraded to Lion just yet!

[Post New]by Doctor_Mom on Aug 26, 11 7:43 PM
Thank you Boredinab! I have 10.5.8 as well; it never occurred to me that that could be the problem. Not going to be upgrading for awhile, so I won't be able to play this one. But I appreciate knowing why I wasn't able to run it.

MommytobeC
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by MommytobeC on Sep 5, 11 9:26 PM
boredinab wrote:Ditto here. Downloaded the trial twice now and I can't get the game to launch at all. I'm also on a Mac ( 10.5.8 not Lion ).

Emum, if you contact their help team I'm sure they will give you a credit

DITTO to all the above. I have no problem downloading Mac games before and I have played this online. So I went ahead and used a game credit. No the game bounces once in the dock and then I get thanks for playing??? Huh? I have email tech support and have not heard anything. I would like to play it but if not... I want my game credit back.
It's a shame this happened this is just the kind of game I was looking for as it reminds me of Kingdom for a Princess I and II and Roads of Rome I. BTW when will you have Roads of Rome II for Macs????
~Thanks

ThaliaGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ThaliaGirl on Nov 14, 11 2:26 PM
my game wont even open, it opens and closes automatically and I have tried restarting the computer. Also on a Mac

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jan 3, 12 9:46 PM
I love but for the life of me I'll never understand why they lock good threads. Peccaboo gave really good advice about this issue and they locked it so no one else can post because they published a new version last February. Well I bought it today 1/3/12 and at level 19 got the access violation and nothing I found from helped. Peccaboo's advice however did so I wanted to repost this for anybody else who bought this during the $4.99 sale. See below:

Re ost any Jack of All Tribes technical issues here only

by pecabo1338 on Jan 26, 11 5:51 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've performed all recommended solutions but it's still crashing on this level.

I also had this problem. I finally went to the data file and deleted the bad data folder.

If you are on Win 7 this data folder is in Users-Your Name or whatever -Roaming-AppData-Divo-Jack of all Tribes. In this folder will be another folder with numbers and letters on it. In it you'll see 2 files, a number file and a menu sav file. It's the save point that keeps bringing the game down when you try to play it. Delete it or move it elsewhere.

If you can't see these folders, go to folder options in the control panel. Open it and check show hidden files and folders. Check Apply and close it.

You should be able to view the data you seek.

As long as that bad save point is there the game will keep crashing, freezing or violating. The profile has your game info ie level etc.

This worked like a charm for me. The game just picked up on the map wherever the next level is.

gayle1st
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Jack of All Tribes technical issues

[Post New]by gayle1st on Feb 2, 12 12:58 PM
I have been playing this game then all of a sudden it won't work. I try to load the game and I get "game.exe" is not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and I still get this message. Again, it was working just fine, I did nothing to the computer, and I get this. Please help!!!

Go to: