karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Giving up.

[Post New]by karen876 on Feb 14, 11 3:46 PM
This version is way too hard and so I'm deleting it. With the others I got attached to my villagers and really wanted them to succeed but with this game I find that I really don't care.
I'm sure that you got "hints" with the other games as to what to do but with this one there seems to be none. I find myself skipping between the game and a walkthrough just to have an idea.
No fun = no play. Sorry that I bought it.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Giving up.

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Feb 15, 11 5:38 PM
Wow, that is really sad, I do agree in a way. This game is different from the previous VV's and alot more frustrating, it is hard always having to save or distract the "heathens" so you don't have as much time to concentrate on your villagers personalities and stuff. I am a bit disappointed you can't mess with stews and gather herbs and there does not seem to be as many collectables showing up either. All and all, it seems like less work was put into this one, just my opinion.

Ballz2u42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Ballz2u42 on Feb 15, 11 6:11 PM
I have to agree. The Heathens are just ANNOYING and you never get rid of all of them from what I have found. I am an addict when it comes to VV so I have pretty much completed the game, except for collectibles which are scarce but I am not even close to being as satisfied with this one as the other VV games.

[Post New]by Endless_Patients on Feb 19, 11 5:11 PM
I was bored about half way through the game. I've gotten all the puzzles solved. Now I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to accumulate 800 points (again ... for like the 5th time) to try and convert more Heathens. I get the feeling I'll run out of patience long before I get all the collectables.

I just put the game on "slow" and go to bed, work, whatever for several hours and then I can usually do SOMETHING when I get back. Otherwise it's like watching paint dry.

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Oct 27, 11 9:26 AM
I don't see any way possible to finish this game. I am missing 4 collectibles, and I can't just sit for hours at my computer waiting for them to appear. My population is maxed and no way to increase it without the collectibles. I have converted all the blue heathens, but being short of 700 points and being unable to add population or convert any more, I see no way to ever get to the earthquake. I only have the statue to finish.

Is there any other way to increase population without finishing the collections? Any other way to get energy? I am stuck at 90 people. Will finishing the statue add any energy points?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope I am missing something. Played and loved all 4 previous VV, and really like this one too, but I hate not to finish.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Oct 27, 11 4:27 PM
I'm surprised you've done all the puzzles, got your population up to 90 and still don't have 800 points... You shouldn't need to have to complete the collections to get that many points. I do think you get a bunch more points when you complete the statue, though, so definitely do that!

TiffanyRenoir
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TiffanyRenoir on Nov 19, 11 11:43 AM
My population is stuck at 36 right now. When two villagers embrace, I get the message about not enough housing. But no more huts appeared to build more housing.
When I leave the game for a while, my villagers haven't gotten anything done because of the heathens running them off all the time. I'm afraid they'll starve if I don't stay with it so they can farm.
It's also annoying that the game has to be open and running for your energy to build up. As one person said, I don't have all day to sit at my computer and wait for energy, god powers, collectibles, etc. With the other VV games you could put them on slow, come back later, and at least some progress had been made. The only progress I get is in tech points, as the heathens seem to stay out of the lab.
I ran out of buildings to construct way before I got more than one villager up to Master Builder, and was really hoping for another hut to build. But that's not happening so I'm thinking it's gonna be years, real time (lol) before I get another Master Builder.
Another person wrote that they had to keep going back to the walkthrough to figure out what to do. I'm trying to avoid doing that and solve the puzzles myself, but it's just not happening.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 19, 11 3:22 PM
You will get another hut if you upgrade your construction technology.

But if you're still struggling with food and worrying they might starve when you leave, I wouldn't rush off and increase your population just yet! With just the farm and the noni bush, you should be ok keeping your 36 villagers fed, even if you leave, and even with the masks around. The masks tend to hover in the same places (except for the rascal who annoys everyone), and they tend not to spend too much time bewteen the farm and the noni bush.

The master builder issue, unfortunately, is a real one. It is next to impossible to get enough master builders to dismantle the blocking totem

TiffanyRenoir
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TiffanyRenoir on Nov 20, 11 7:54 AM
Thanks for the info about getting a new hut. They will just have to research, research, research!

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Nov 23, 11 11:55 PM
I can't say I've ever had any problems getting enough Master Builders, although it does take a little while. I've gotten the trophy for having 10 villagers at master level in all skills. But you have to keep an eye on them. As soon as someone reaches master level, assign them to something else and set another villager to start building.

I find it helpful to get all villagers to at least trainee status in all skills- that way, if I need to reassign them, I don't have to sit there and keep dropping them on the project until they get enough skill to do it on their own.

But I digress. Back to Master Builders- remember that building huts, dismantling totems, building the statue and clearing the mausoleum all increase building skill. And the last hut takes a long time to build- I usually get 2 or 3 villagers from trainee to master just on that project.

Go to: