Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 12, 17 3:07 PM
Lizziebgood, BRILLIANT work finding that loophole. What a great fluke move that was. I would love to know, just how long that has been able to be done? Its amazing that with all of us playing for all these years, not once has anyone stumbled on that before. It will be interesting to see if you can build the final monument and get out of the city without building all the previous ones as Marie has questioned, so let us know when you get to the end, and Grampas experiment also.

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 12, 17 3:25 PM
Yes Jules I wondered if any others knew about this fluke. I thought about keeping it my secret but I then felt I needed share at least with you all.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 12, 17 4:29 PM
It could be that it has always been like that and no one ever twigged it could happen, or, it could be that its something that has only started happening recently after an update that was not meant to happen. Sometimes the silly glitches that happen in updates make us shake our heads with bewilderment, others just don't make sense. It may be only temporary though, but will be interesting to see what does happen with it. I reckon, if they did it accidentally and fix it up, then they can also fix up other silly issues that we have been asking for for ages, like getting rid of the stupid banners that keep coming up and blocking the screen particularly in the timed levels, and other issues like that.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 12, 17 10:05 PM
Hello everyone, well I knew going in that there was some risk involved, and my suspicion was correct! Here's the results of my little experiment: levels 11-20 completed all three tiers then built the monument at level 10, the ten block reward for 11-20 is 2,000,000 blue hats which I had to give up, so the main drawback to this idea is you will be giving up the ten block rewards by not building the monuments as the monuments activate the ten block rewards.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 13, 17 12:41 AM
Thanks for the report Grampa, but that just goes to show, if you ship all the resources from previous cities, it negates having to do the missions to earn them in order to build anyway so for those of us who ship large quantities of resources. this could really pay off. As long as it continues that is. I still haven't bothered to open Abu Dhabi, been too busy doing other stuff, so when I do that, I will give it a thorough test out using all the shipped resources to get through and see what happens if I don't build the monuments. I might even open it up later tonight and start working my way through.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
866 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 13, 17 3:41 AM
GamingGrampa, to me this is good news, being in New Orleans and knowing what is ahead of me, I can do all first tiers and build nothing... at least, that’s how I understand it. Please correct me if I am wrong...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 13, 17 3:56 AM
I assume that you can't open the next city until the final monument is built, however you might only need to build that final monument. Even if you do end up needing to build all the monuments to advance, this will let you get far enough to reach a reasonable level for grinding resources. I used to grind on 96 - 3 with a reasonable win rate.

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 13, 17 8:20 AM
Hi Jules, lordkalvan and loonz, one point I should clarify if you choose to run with this, you won't know what the particular ten block reward is, and as you know besides resources some are green gems and coins, and jules I realize you may not need any of those but there are players out that are chronically short on gems and coins, so today I'll continue on in Cairo till the clock runs out just for the coins, then it's back to Shanghai, oh joy!

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,064 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 14, 17 4:07 AM
Hi everyone
Just restored the last monument in Seoul and, unfortunately, you can't go further until you built the other ones
So I have to transfer more resources and wait for all the monuments to be restored before leaving the city .....

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
866 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Nov 14, 17 5:03 AM
marie1931 wrote:Hi everyone
Just restored the last monument in Seoul and, unfortunately, you can't go further until you built the other ones
So I have to transfer more resources and wait for all the monuments to be restored before leaving the city .....

Hi Marie, I am sorry to hear that, but you could follow lordkalvan’s advice and use replayable levels to build up resources faster and check if there are 10 item missions that are worth the effort...

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 14, 17 5:54 AM
My vague memories of the Seoul nightmare tell me that there aren't any good replayable levels. There was one that I could win about half the time that gave an acceptable amount of resources, but mostly I did a ton of shipping and used travel vouchers to visit easy cities so I could earn coins to pay for HH cards.

[Post New]by Froggieloveyou on Nov 14, 17 8:22 AM
Worked like a dream. Within a few more moves I got a helicopter drop of green gems and millions of pinks. This allowed me to go back and build the monument that I had been stuck on. Thanks to all who made this known.

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 14, 17 4:14 PM
GamingGrampa * okay, so it’s stupid question time. If I build a monument, and then go back and finish all three levels on the prior ten block (I.e. 11 thru 20) should I be getting a reward?

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,064 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 15, 17 5:21 AM
Happy dance
Competed the monuments in Seoul on my IPhone. Just left it.
Is Havana in Valley of death as well?
Hope not ....,
Happy gaming

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,316 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 15, 17 5:29 AM
It's better than Seoul but still difficult.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,064 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 15, 17 6:08 AM
Thanks for the info lordkalvan

Gummynut
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 15, 17 7:24 AM
Laughing at myself today... have played all this time and never figured out that if you can hit a kite with a lightning bolt, every similar Gummy turns into lightning bolts, blows a bunch of stuff away. Feeling very dumb...major head slap, ha ha..
sorry, turns into all kites, not lightning bolts, but still a great way to clear the board...still need a little help today, can’t write stuff correctly either!

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 12:11:19 PM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 9:18 AM
Good to know because I have never used kites but now if I ever do I will be aware of the lightning bolts matched to the kites can clear alot of gummies.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Nov 15, 17 9:47 AM
Didn't know that one either, thanks gumnut!!
As a matter of fact I was never quite sure how to use the kites. Good to know!!

Fish

kailuaauntie
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 15, 17 10:06 AM
-jules- I completely understand your reasoning behind shipping resources, BUT for those of us who don’t find the game as easy as others, spending 600 coins or more to build a shipping port is not always possible. Personally, I stopped building Resource Marts because they also cost a buncha coins. I am in Instanbul and find the games getting easier, and am completing more master levels. Maybe there is hope for me, yet.

Go to: