Senior Citizens sign in!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,426 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 15, 17 5:29 AM
It's better than Seoul but still difficult.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,079 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Nov 15, 17 6:08 AM
Thanks for the info lordkalvan

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Nov 15, 17 7:24 AM
Laughing at myself today... have played all this time and never figured out that if you can hit a kite with a lightning bolt, every similar Gummy turns into lightning bolts, blows a bunch of stuff away. Feeling very dumb...major head slap, ha ha..
sorry, turns into all kites, not lightning bolts, but still a great way to clear the board...still need a little help today, can’t write stuff correctly either!

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 12:11:19 PM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 9:18 AM
Good to know because I have never used kites but now if I ever do I will be aware of the lightning bolts matched to the kites can clear alot of gummies.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Nov 15, 17 9:47 AM
Didn't know that one either, thanks gumnut!!
As a matter of fact I was never quite sure how to use the kites. Good to know!!

Fish

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 15, 17 10:06 AM
-jules- I completely understand your reasoning behind shipping resources, BUT for those of us who don’t find the game as easy as others, spending 600 coins or more to build a shipping port is not always possible. Personally, I stopped building Resource Marts because they also cost a buncha coins. I am in Instanbul and find the games getting easier, and am completing more master levels. Maybe there is hope for me, yet.

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 15, 17 10:54 AM
I have been playing for years and never discovered the kites with lightning move. Will definately give it a go now. Thanks

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
747 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 15, 17 12:20 PM
Me too! I always though those kites were a waste of time - I have never really got to grips with using them so I will try that next time I am stuck.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Nov 15, 17 12:51 PM
Hey folks ,
Im in Seoul, (horrible). Can anyone offer help on level 23?
Would like to get the green gems offered with this challenge.
There are only 19 moves and never enough pinks and blues to detonate the lightening blots in the corners. Can't see where shovels would help. Would some other boost help?

Thanks!
Fish

[Post New]by Lizziebgood on Nov 15, 17 1:16 PM
I have just looked at it is hard I nevr collected the green gems so I must have repeated Rome 87 until I had made enough resources to drill.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 15, 17 2:46 PM
I like that tip about lightning bolts and kites! I also couldn't see the value of kites. I have used them on levels where the blocks to be cleared are corners where it's hard to get a match. I'll try for this match next time I have kites - which is only when they are part of a bonus for completing all levels in a city.

Remember when the Sydney resource marts changed over and there were random people scattered around who looked like Helping Hands, but tapping them gave resources? Well, you might want to look around Sydney again. On two different devices here, the surf board girl showed up near the shipping port and the reward was 10k in resources. She was the only one.

Look for one with no path leading up to them and no resource icon on the base he or she stands on.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 15, 17 2:56 PM
fishfinder246 wrote:Hey folks ,
Im in Seoul, (horrible). Can anyone offer help on level 23?
Would like to get the green gems offered with this challenge.
There are only 19 moves and never enough pinks and blues to detonate the lightening blots in the corners. Can't see where shovels would help. Would some other boost help?

Thanks!
Fish

I just replied on your thread about level 23 in Seoul. I'm afraid my approach was costly - combo plus lightning bolts and extra moves. I hope someone can offer a better strategy for you.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 15, 17 3:00 PM
lawaters, I didn't find anyone near the port in Sydney, but further to the left of that, I found a person cuddling what looked like a wombat (only really got a glimpse of it) and she had 1,000 blue hats. Maybe they will randomly put people around? But thanks for the tip, lots of people will search that now.

As for the kites, I too thought they were pretty useless and have only really tried them a few times, but they didn't seem to do much, so never bother with them. I figure for a lot of people who are facing impossible levels, the tip about matching them with a bolt is a very good one. If you already have them, they have to be selected prior to opening a level, but if desperate to get through a level, you could select them both, and if they don't fall together, you could use a wind boost and move the bolt next to a kite and get it out that way. Sometimes its worth spending a bit just to get a level out when they are killer levels.

And fish, sorry, but that level in Seoul is horrible. I just tried it again, I have NO idea how I managed to get through that all 3 times, but I must have done so as its ticked off. I figure, when you can get a bolt on move one, go for it, use it to blast either pink or blue to get the max, even better if you can get a line crush or bomb next to it. And once you have blasted the first colour blocker, use the two bolts together to clear a max amount and then hopefully, the other blocker will burst and you should get it from there, and if you get close but run out of moves, buy more instead of re doing the whole level again. Maybe, you could try using a bolt and kite together as Gummynut suggested? Maybe we should try other boosts with bolts to see what happens?

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 3:33 PM
Regarding the new locals in Sydney...when I did the update for PC version the other day I found at least 5 new locals (I think it was 5 if memory serves me correctly) and the surfer girl and the person holding the wombat or koala or whatever it was were 2 of the 5 I found. Hope they do place more randomly but I wouldn't count on it. Perhaps some of these were missed by some folks previously. I think people should by all means check Sydney out very thouroughly to make sure they have found all the locals that are there. I just scanned the city again myself and found no more new locals.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Nov 15, 17 4:45 PM
I got super-obsessive about the random locals back when they first appeared, and I clicked every single local in Sydney. I even went to other cities to look for more. The surfer girl wasn't there before. They are unlikely to appear often, but it could be a new fun "Easter egg" in GD.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 5:36 PM
That would be awesome. The only way to find out is to keep checking back which I for one will definitely do. LOL

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Nov 15, 17 5:36 PM
Everest “mountains of rewards” equals a whoppin’ 3 shovels, 100 coins and 2 hours of play. If I can beat it on the 1st try they must be dialing back the difficulty level. (Mind you, I’m not complaining!)

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,426 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 15, 17 5:56 PM
Last time I beat it on first try. This time Everest levels seem tougher. I've tumbled down from both first and second flag, haven't gotten higher yet.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Nov 15, 17 6:19 PM
This was my first time doing the Everest Challenge and I did get it on the first try. I probably was just lucky but I am glad I actually got to participate this time. I never had the opportunity prior to the PC update so I hope this means we will also get event cities when they are offered. Cairo was also my first offer at going to a city other than my current city for free for a limited time. I quite enjoyed the break from Los Angeles.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,426 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 15, 17 6:47 PM
I read a post a while back that reported two different mobile devices in the same household (different progress through the game) having different levels on Everest. It wouldn't surprise me if the game remembered that I won Everest last time, so now I get hard levels again. Before that last time, I had given up in frustration for two Everest events in a row.

Edited on 11/15/2017 at 6:47:55 PM PST

Go to: