bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farmscapes

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 16, 11 1:57 AM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for creating this thread! I've gone ahead and stickied it.

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 16, 11 2:05 AM
CasualGran wrote:Yep. Already bought it and played it directly from another site! Here's what I thought about it (already published elsewhere):

This is such an awesome and cute game! I loved Gardenscapes and this sequel is just as good, maybe even better!
This time you're invited to help a funny kid and his grandpa to fix the old farm, so you go ahead and perform all kind of tasks that are given to you as you play. It's a pleasure to do things and to look how things work out. Also giving happy feelings is to see the boy and his gramps walk around talking to you and to each other about what's going on.
Sometimes old stuff gets sold for more money and you earn that in minigames like a colourfull match 3. It's all not too difficult, if not to say easy peacy lemon squeezie, but it's so much fun to do. It really makes you happy as you sit there behind your pc!
I love this game and would recommend it to anyone in need of a couple of hours carefree feelgood playing! For in between sessions, you can also activate the screensaver, so you won't forget your little farm and its inhabitants. Happy Gaming folks!

Thanks for your great review!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 16, 11 2:29 AM
I played the demo and bought it (- to salve my wounds over Faunasphere closing down March 15). And I agree the loading time between scenes seems long.

Edited on 02/16/2011 at 2:30:35 AM PST

Julyah
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Julyah on Feb 16, 11 2:31 AM
goofyduck what a fantastic review !! I think this is a delightful game.. It is so much fun when they talk to you, It made me feel l was there watching clouds and catching a breeze. More demo but think it's a buy for Auntie and I to enjoy playing..

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 16, 11 2:43 AM
I too bought it from the dev only 2 days ago and it was supposed to be a CE. Since I haven't finished it yet (got sidetracked buying Jewel Match III today ) I can't comment on the difference in the SE. It does have a minimal strategy guide that tells you what to do if you don't know what to do next. Tasks may say build a hammock but you don't have but one part in inventory. This happened when VV4 finally got to BF, they sold it as an SE, not dev edition since there weren't enough extras or SG.

Good reviews here so nothing to add, posted in another thread already. Would like to know if there is a graphics glitch where the shop is, I can't read the prices to know if I have enough money unless I click and says I don't, so back to another few rounds and return to buy. There is a dollar sign and maybe a 4 then symbols ' ' ' or some code, not foreign but not dollar with numbers.

Glad I bought it anyway, hate to reinstall if I lose progress. Feels weird not having CS to ask since I bought elsewhere, that'll teach me patience.

I think I did like Gardenscapes and its simplicity and hogs better, and I do love M3s to relax. Probably like that first love concept, nostalgia? I miss Austin, but Joe is fun and the kid funny "inventing" things. When I watch them too long they try to jump up and hit the Play button wanting me to get back to making money. Lots of cute animations if you just lighten up and be entertained, then back to work, but fun kind.

Same dev as Fishdom series, so about the same action, 7 bombs from 5ers or firecrackers I think from M4 gets you the same powerup like lightening to take out all of same, handy when just one tile left in a corner. Trophies, oh yes, got a bunch so far, even one for great icebreaker LOL. Between levels while loading next there are scrapbook pages, some loads are long but some so fast I can't read the comments, not a speed reader. Many photos repeat too but beats looking at a blank screen with a moving line to load. Don't know why it speeds up, may be an install glitch as while loading a Window's auto update kicked in I couldn't restart laptop til that was finished. Not good, but game is playable and think I'm nearly finished, then can start again after reinstall. Just wondered if SE has same problems or if you get the prices of upgrades?

[Post New]by monkeybum27 on Feb 16, 11 2:58 AM
I adore this game and will be buying it when my next credit arrives, but the only downside is that it takes so long to load between levels

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Feb 16, 11 3:47 AM
OMG! The loading time is horrible. Even to exit the game. Thought I was going to be stuck there for the rest of the day. No buy.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 16, 11 3:49 AM
It's a cute game. The little boy reminds me of the boy in the movie Up. I like the music, it's pleasant, and yet I can tune it out. The problem is the loading time! Oh, and the end. It doesn't let you exit easily without showing a bunch of scenes; one of my pet peeves. If it were offered as a DD, there's no question I would purchase it, but it's not quite worth it to me, as regular price or to use a credit. Nice, though.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 16, 11 5:04 AM
The graphics are excellent! The gameplay is M3 with HOG and IHOG. There is a developing story about a shopping mall coming to the country, which is cute and timely. The characters are fun and enjoyable. This is made by the same people who created Gardenscapes and they didn't skimp on anything. Fun, and enchanting!

This game is an A+.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 16, 11 5:08 AM
Fantastic game with a great mix from several game genres: hog, match 3, tm. A buy for me

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Feb 16, 11 6:06 AM
What a delightful game! The main character reminded me of the lad in the brilliant cartoon film 'Up' and I enjoyed the interaction between the characters on the farm and the way they waved to me .... charming and very friendly.
The only down side, as already noted in other comments, is that the loading time between scenes is frustratingly slow, (almost long enough to go and make a quick 'cuppa in the interval!) I wonder if there will be an upgrade for this game because in all other parts it is a joy to play.
Think I'll buy it anyway!
Love to all you fellow fishes, Pat_ric_ia x

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Feb 16, 11 7:26 AM
What a sweet and lovely game. Graphics are beautiful as always by Playrix. The gameplay is cute, engaging and endearing. This is a mix between a match 3, simulation/builder type game, adventure game and hidden object scenes. Similar to Gardenscapes, you are designing a farm - the difference here is that you are earning money through match 3 vegetable sales and advancing the storyline on the farm through adventure type play with just a touch of hidden object thrown in as well. So far, the match 3's have shown increasing difficulty fairly early on, which relieves me because I like a challenging match 3. Fishdom series, while beautiful, is much too sedate for me so I'm glad to see this one does not seem to follow the same suit. However, the game is available in timed (the only way for me!) or relaxed mode. Game is very high quality as is everything by this developer; no surprise there! The game does take a minute between scenes but it's obvious it's because of the quality of the graphics and animations. I didn't find it to be maddeningly long or even frustration producing - look away at the TV for a moment, when you look back, it's done. Great game, well worth the money.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Feb 16, 11 8:02 AM
A very, very sweet little game that I am going to buy as soon as I finish this review. I am playing on relaxed mode (hate timers most of the time) and find it very relaxing and a lot of fun. The only downside, which I hate, is a VERY SLOW LOAD TIME. But, since I'm buying it for relaxation and nothing else, it doesn't really matter in this instance. Now, if it were a LFG or IHOG, I might have a problem. As it stands, this is a great game for the price and I'm off to buy.

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Look closely!

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Feb 16, 11 9:32 AM
During the introduction, Austin and the dog from Gardenscapes are walking down the street in the town!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 16, 11 10:26 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:
Julyah wrote:goofyduck what a fantastic review !!

Thank you! And don't you think it was particularly nice of them to feature me in the opening scenes and in some of the album pictures? I think they got my good side.

Oh - so that's you! You're very cute then lol!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 16, 11 10:48 AM
What a bore same o same game. You should have two different sites. Those for young people & those who a bite more mature and like a challenge.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Feb 16, 11 11:14 AM
Been waiting for this one..got my credit and will grab it asap

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Feb 16, 11 11:18 AM
Thanks for the great informative reviews! The slow load times bothered me when I tried it from the dev site. Hoping it would somehow be better once it came to BFG, but it's not.
Still, the game is cheerful, colorful, relaxing. Likely buy.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Feb 16, 11 11:18 AM
If you really enjoy match 3 games with a little bit of other stuff thrown in and some farming, you'll love this one. I bought it out of shear bordom and now I wish I hadn't. It gets old really fast. The match 3 part of the game is 99% of it. Oh well, I guess I'll finish before 2012. Then again I may just delete it and forget the fact that I wasted my money.

Edited on 02/16/2011 at 11:22:06 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 16, 11 11:45 AM
LOVE, LOVE....this game and won a free copy of the CE from the developers site for doing a beta test for them.
That was around Christmas time, so what a great gift to recieve, it made my day.
Like others have mentioned, there games....IMHO are always, top of the line, and the same goes for this gem of a game.
I have never won anything in my life, so I could hardly contain my excitement, I loved gardenscapes, so I knew I would love Farmscapes also, and I did.
I had a dog that I lost to cancer, so getting to name the dog, in the game, gave me a HUGE smile, as I felt like I was taking care of her again.
Playing fetch and giving her a bone, was so cute, I also did this in Gardenscapes, you could give the dog a name in that one also.
I also agree the boy did look like the boy in Up, they did an awesome job as usual on the graphics, the story and putting variety, into this game.
I LOVE ..to decorate, so building the farm was so much fun, and I LOVE ...M3, so for me, this had everything I could want, along with H0 scenes, that I also LOVE !
Plus you get to figure out different things, that happen on the farm, like when the boys inflated ball got stuck under the pier, and flooded the farm.
There is so much to do, and like someone said, this game just gives you a good feeling, while playing it, it is cheerful and really lifts the spirits !
Thanks a bunch to the developers, who put a ton of work, into yet another FANTASTIC game, that is a HUGE HIT!!
And thanks also, for such a wonderful Christmas gift, it was one of my favorites ...love you guys !!

Go to: