bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Gourmania 2: Great Expectations

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 16, 11 1:59 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Gourmania 2: Great Expectations? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gourmania 2: Great Expectations

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 16, 11 4:29 AM
I'm not even sure what kind of game this is. I don't want to cook hamburgers that have been lying all over the place, or put them on buns that have been sitting on a stool. Ick. Is it a HOG? Is it some kind of TM? At any rate, I know what it isn't. It isn't for me.

Trossed
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Trossed on Feb 16, 11 5:03 AM
Gourmania is both--actually. Find the food, prepare it, etc. in a prescribed length of time. I haven't played #2, but I loved the first one. Just started a trial of #2 and it appears to be the same general format. This game combines my two favorite game genres--**** and TM. I'm thrilled to see a second offering of this game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 16, 11 5:09 AM
If you liked the first part of this game, you should like this one too. Its a very nice mix of hog and tm (find food and prepare them for cooking to serve them). A buy for me

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Feb 16, 11 5:58 AM
Not sure about length but I finished the first country of three in 30 minutes. Doesn't seem very long.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 16, 11 6:08 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is a variety of TM and HOG. There are two modes: relaxed and timed. Some of the items change between custormers *or maybe I am just tired* There are upgrades to be made to cafes through tools and buyable items, ie tables, and plants. There seems to be a mysterious strange who wants to stop our heroine from succeeding. Interesting storyline.

This game is an A-.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Feb 16, 11 6:51 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Not being a person who enjoys playing by the clock, I appreciate there being a relaxed option. I also like the way you are first given a chance to find objects on your own, then shown what they look like, then if necessary the location. I always get a kick out of games that let you improve something as you play. There is a mis click penalty, the cursor wanders aimlessly for a few seconds, but it isn't overly active. I bought the game.

handbells
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by handbells on Feb 16, 11 8:15 AM
I just saw where this was released and am so excited! I loved the first Gourmania and can't wait to give this one a try!

bedbuga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bedbuga on Feb 16, 11 9:23 AM
Game keeps crashing after i've finished Tuesday in France. Very disappointed. Please fix

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Feb 16, 11 10:02 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I didn't have problems with it all. I was hesistant about trying it because of the problems that other players had, but I finished the demo without any of the problems they encountered. I am seriously considering buying this game.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 16, 11 11:58 AM
Thanks a bunch Stevihj and Rainice, for letting me know there is a relaxed option.
I don't usually like TM games, but since there is a relaxed option, for those of us that are not very good with time management, I am going to try the trial.
That is why I love these forums, happy gaming everyone !!

jklinders
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jklinders on Feb 16, 11 12:08 PM
Gourmania 1 was better. All the upgrades are for decorative stuff. the length is totally not worth the credit I just used. While the basic gameplay is the same it seems to be scored differently and it's easier. They tacked on a story on this one as well. And I do mean tacked on. Would have been better to leave it out in my opinion.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Feb 16, 11 1:49 PM
I loved the first one a stupid amount and I've played it to death. I just want to cook - I'm not interested in faffing about with sponges. I don't want to do housework in a game. I'm so disappointed with this.

*goes and cries in a corner*

pam1500
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by pam1500 on Feb 16, 11 2:08 PM
The original Gourmania was a nice little game, with very appealing graphics. This second game I don't like at all. It's next to impossible to get enough orders to get to expert on the first try, and in between it's pick up the trash and scrub. No thanks. Maybe I'll replay the first; I'll skip this one.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 16, 11 3:06 PM
I played the first one, for lack of another hog at that time. Don't think I am desperate enough to try this one out. Of course I have been restocking my books, lol.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 16, 11 6:22 PM
z z z z z z z z z z...

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 16, 11 7:38 PM
This one seems to be an enjoyable combo of IHOG and TM (unless you choose the Relaxed mode, then there's really no TM). Reminds me of Gardenscapes, in a lot of ways--satisfy customers' needs, collect their $, spruce up the business (a little elbow grease never hurt anybody!), use the $ to make improvements, and, as a reward, try to make "Expert" on each level. Very colorful graphics, soundtrack is unobtrusive (but uninspiring); could do without the staggering, "drunken" cursor for misclicks, though! Can't comment on game length (I'm one of those "take your time and enjoy the view" gamers)--this could very well be a "buy."

(Probably not one of this developer's better efforts, but worth trying the demo).

[Post New]by babeeluv on Feb 16, 11 8:23 PM
I Loved the first Gourmania & have been anxiously awaiting the second installment. Unfortunately everything i loved about the original game has been changed. I do not want to clean up trash & walls & such, the food no longer requires cooking (which was a big part of the fun) & the order format & storyline are just plain silly. Overall a very big disappointment.

[Post New]by skeeter31 on Feb 16, 11 9:16 PM
I liked it but it was short. I've been having trouble finding games I really like here lately

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Feb 17, 11 5:31 AM
first one was WAAAAY better

Go to: