Daji
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Tiger Eye Part 2 may not be happening

[Post New]by Daji on Feb 16, 11 11:42 AM
Marjorie M. Liu, author of Tiger Eye, says Part 2 may not be happening because the sales of Part 1 aren't as good as the game makers hoped.

So disappointing. This kind of thing is why I avoid games that end with cliffhangers.

lilyr
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,923 Posts

Re:Tiger Eye Part 2 may not be happening

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 16, 11 12:15 PM
Oh no! I've been waiting for part two, hoping we'd be getting it any day now. I'm so sorry that it may not appear. That seems to be happening with several games I was eagertly awaiting.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Feb 16, 11 1:55 PM
that is disappointing - one of the best games I have played!! Have been looking forward to the next part.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,656 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 18, 11 7:11 PM
I wanted a romantic game for Valentine's Day, and this was recommended so I bought it and am still playing, so I haven't gotten too the ending yet, but I already know I would have purchased the second part. I am surprised because the game had lots and lots of favorable reviews.

sha49tn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 15, 11 10:23 AM
Oh, that is sooo disappointing! I really enjoyed this one. It was one that wasn't a snap to beat, plus had an interesting story that went along with it. Rats!

[Post New]by NEE1936 on Mar 19, 11 4:02 PM
I can't believe that Big Fish Games woould play such a dirty trick like not complete part two!!!!! Too me this feels like a rip-off and that all of us who purchased "Part One" should get a refund?

[Post New]by NEE1936 on Mar 19, 11 4:09 PM
I can't believe that Big Fish Games woould play such a dirty trick like not completing part two!!!!! Too me, this feels like a rip-off and that all of us who purchased "Part One" should get a refund!!
PS (How do I get "emoticons to work!)

Adoralora
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Adoralora on Mar 24, 11 4:58 AM
would it help if everyone bought the game and gifted it to people? i mean its all got to do with supply and demand right?

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,181 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 24, 11 5:22 AM
This game was NOT made by Big Fish, so go complain to the developer Passionfruit games if you feel it is a "dirty trick". Maybe they will refund your money. BF distributes games made by around 500 developers world wide. If you want a list of what is made in BF Studios, you will find one on this site.

Actually, the first game was a complete game in itself, a beginning, middle and end. Then there was the teaser at the end that suggested a sequel. So it was not only a long game, fun, and well worth the club price of $6.99 to me. It is also available direct from the producer for far more. You can even buy sound track and wallpapers and such extra.

I personally applaud the dev who made the game by women for women. If they didn't sell enough of their first effort, then that's probably why in this economy there won't be a part 2. Disappointing yes, but not the first game that never got out a sequel. And I'm sure BF is just as disappointed as we are, would have been good sales for them, so their loss.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,942 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 24, 11 5:50 PM
sha49tn1 wrote:Oh, that is sooo disappointing! I really enjoyed this one. It was one that wasn't a snap to beat, plus had an interesting story that went along with it. Rats!

I agree with your sentiment completely; the whole time that I was playing this game (just now finished) I was thinking of searching the website for Part 2 and now there'll be no Part 2???

That is SO SO disappointing

MEnr56

Pertigal
Shark
Shark
10,755 Posts

[Post New]by Pertigal on Mar 24, 11 6:06 PM
I don't care for romantic games but I was desperate for a good game and this got good reviews. I enjoyed it and just overlooked the mushy stuff. I am also disappointed there may not be a second game.

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on Apr 1, 11 3:29 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a long time (too long!) since we've visited these forums, but I'd just like to update you with some news. I can't post links here but there is a link on our Facebook fan page and on the PassionFruit website that will tell you more about what's in store for the future!

And next week we will have more specifics! But for now I wanted to let people know that we're still around, and have been given the opportunity to finally create more games

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,634 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 1, 11 3:32 PM
I really enjoyed the first part and will be very disappointed to not have the 2nd part. I actually went out and read some of Ms. Liu's books so I know how Tiger Eye ends, but still.....really wanted to see the 2nd part of the game.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
785 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Apr 1, 11 3:37 PM
Thank you passionfruit gms,

I loved the first and do so hope you will make the sequel. Here's to a great Dev.

[Post New]by HTdelight on Apr 17, 11 6:21 AM
Well from what I can gather they hope to have part 2 ready late 2011. Yay!

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Apr 17, 11 6:31 AM
Youppi, give me more. I've really enjoyed the 1st part. Go Tiger Go.....

lynwil
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Apr 20, 11 2:41 AM
Hello everyone, I loved this game and have also been waiting for part 2. AnnBy, I've looked at our local library but can't find the title 'Tiger Eye', was the book under a different title?
Thanks also to Passion Fruit Games for their update, I'll certainly be checking out the Facebook page, Lyn

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,254 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 23, 11 7:24 PM
lynwil wrote:Hello everyone, I loved this game and have also been waiting for part 2. AnnBy, I've looked at our local library but can't find the title 'Tiger Eye', was the book under a different title?
Thanks also to Passion Fruit Games for their update, I'll certainly be checking out the Facebook page, Lyn

I'm pretty sure that the book is just called Tiger Eye. I've never read it, but that's what I got when I looked up Marjorie M. Liu on a website that sells books! (I'm not a big romance novel person, but I really liked this game.)

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Apr 27, 11 1:16 AM
Company have been taken over by Rally Marketing Group.

PassionFruit Games recently released Tiger Eye Part 1: Curse of the Riddle Box, which has become one of the top-selling, novel-based casual games released to date.
Among other projects, the next game by PassionFruit is due for release this year. Future releases may include tablet and mobile versions for increased distribution and accessibility.
Also quote dated arch 31st 2011

“Given the importance of the female shopper to our clients, we’ve built an incredible knowledge base and put great effort into understanding how their behavior is changing,” said RALLY CEO, Lisa Clarke. “The acquisition of PassionFruit Games is an example of how RALLY, as an integrated agency, can help our clients capitalize on the evolution of marketing regardless of the platform or media.”

So if they say it is one if the most popular games then they would be a fool not to take on the challenge of developing Part 2.
And it seems different to what the author says.

There is a game survey ion their site so please if everyone fills it in then maybe we will get Part 2!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,138 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 27, 11 1:19 AM
Thankyou MickeyTeddy,
Off to check out and fill in the survey now.
Hope we can get some affirmative action going on the sequel to this delightful game.
Cheers

Go to: