BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR G2 - Geeks Unleashed- DD Feb. 17/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 17, 11 12:24 AM
Let us know what you think of this game!!

Thanks.

Happy Gaming!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS FOR G2 - Geeks Unleashed- DD Feb. 17/11

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 17, 11 4:59 AM
I don`t like this game very much. Not interesting enough and no buy for me - even as the daily deal price

romedllc
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by romedllc on Feb 17, 11 5:20 AM
This is a nice strategy game, imho. The goal is to try and collect your store of pieces before your opponent. It takes a bit of thinking which piece to collect as the square you choose directly effects your opponents choice. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how that part of it works, but once I did, enjoyed the game play.

It's not a fancy game by any means, but it does make you think. I managed to beat the first player in the demo and still have time left. For the DD price, I think it's worth picking up... if you enjoy these kinda games.

I do find the interaction w/ the characters to be a bit annoying as they are speaking in "geek" and I don't understand what the bloody heck they are talking about. LOL Other than that, the actual game play is fun and a nice break from the type games I generally play(hogs and ihogs and time managements w/ some match 3 thrown in for good measure~ your basic all around type game player )

Give it a go as a DD. Might find you enjoy the strategy as well. I'm going to pick it up at this price.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 17, 11 6:44 AM
I love match three game and a new spin is always refreshing, but I really don't like games where you are battling the computer. The other issue with the game, and it's a purely personal one, is that the story line holds no interest for me.

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Feb 17, 11 7:31 AM
I discovered this game during a drought when I was roaming the game lists and bored with HOGs temporarily. Shocking, I know. lol I really liked it quite a bit and considered even buying it but then I thought to myself, "Full price for an older simple game? Are you nuts? It would be a great DD grab.

I'm grabbing now.

I'd call this game beautifully simple and yet very fun if you you like this type of gameplay.I really enjoy strategizing and beating computer players. I actually prefer that to playing agaist real opponents but that's me.

I like it for being totally different and sometimes different is just the ticket.

Sierra

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Feb 17, 11 11:18 AM
At DD pricing, I'm picking it up, too. These strategy games get the brain working; thinking ahead to see how each move will affect the next move and so on. It seems to me that the replay value would be quite high, too. The mini games, I could do without, though. I don't see that they really give you any advantage in the long run.

If you try the demo, start with the story mode 'cause that has the instructions. I first started with the single matches figuring to get a quick feel for the game. There are no instructions there, however, and I was totally lost until I went to the story mode.

Have fun!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 17, 11 11:44 AM
romedllc wrote:This is a nice strategy game, imho. The goal is to try and collect your store of pieces before your opponent. It takes a bit of thinking which piece to collect as the square you choose directly effects your opponents choice. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how that part of it works, but once I did, enjoyed the game play.

It's not a fancy game by any means, but it does make you think. I managed to beat the first player in the demo and still have time left. For the DD price, I think it's worth picking up... if you enjoy these kinda games.

I do find the interaction w/ the characters to be a bit annoying as they are speaking in "geek" and I don't understand what the bloody heck they are talking about. LOL Other than that, the actual game play is fun and a nice break from the type games I generally play(hogs and ihogs and time managements w/ some match 3 thrown in for good measure~ your basic all around type game player )

WOW you must be a chess player! I couldn't get past the 4th game with the first player! Tried & tried & tried and finally got frustrated. I usually like a game with a bit of a challenge, but this was CRAZY! I got so frustrated, I just gave up after a half an hour. If you are ready for a challenge, this is a GREAT game especially for a DD. It looks like it will be a decent length too! Happy gaming to all you fishy's who like this type of game, me I'm off to cool off and play something soothing!

Lean

Give it a go as a DD. Might find you enjoy the strategy as well. I'm going to pick it up at this price.

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Mar 1, 11 8:23 AM
Thanks to the reviews I bought this game at the $2.99 price and have finally got around to playing it
The geeks are annoying, the story facile but the game itself is very simple but kinda facinating.
You do have to think at least one turn ahead,(the geek advises 6 to 7 turns lol)
Whether I will ever finish it, I do not know, it depends on how much the computer geeks improve at the game compared to how much I improve at playing.
It is definately a stratagy game.
And It makes a nice change from just searching out little objects.

Go to: