bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 17, 11 1:49 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Feb 17, 11 4:08 AM
well, i downloaded game then bought it. but it won't download the full game for me....whats up?? it looks like it is having trouble validating.

luckywife
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by luckywife on Feb 17, 11 4:11 AM
Same problem for me.

cattis59
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by cattis59 on Feb 17, 11 4:12 AM
Same problem for me. It says: " Installetion error. The downloaded installation file is not
valid and could nott be run (771)"

Regards from Sweden

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 4:19:53 AM PST

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Feb 17, 11 4:13 AM
I can't even down load the demo! It just keeps loading...validating...and then reloading again. It did this 5 times before I stopped it.

Deb

[Post New]by JandySan on Feb 17, 11 4:16 AM
I tried to purchase. When I pressed the key to "buy" it applied a game credit. I was expecting to pay the $13.99. Now I'm trying to install and it gets up to about 10%, then validates and goes back to the beginning. I tried to go back and really buy it but it tells me I've already purchased the game.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Feb 17, 11 4:21 AM
I just went to buy and to see if it would apply my game credit but it didn't. Still came up at 13.99. I'll try to download the demo to see how good the game is. A shame that game credit won't apply to a Collector Edition but will apply itself to a 2.99 game.

Deb

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Feb 17, 11 4:27 AM
Debnfla wrote:I can't even down load the demo! It just keeps loading...validating...and then reloading again. It did this 5 times before I stopped it.

Deb
Same here it just keeps downloading over and over.

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Feb 17, 11 4:32 AM
Same thing for me...Validating, downloading,validating, downloading....etc....
I don't know what's going on but I'm loosing trust in BFG, My favourite place to play!
Annie

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 17, 11 4:33 AM
I had the same problem with the download validating over and over -- first time I've had a download problem from BF. But I stuck with it, resuming the download when the "download error" message popped up, and watching the validation progress yo-yo up and down. Slowly it gained ground and eventually the validation took place. From that point on, the installation went normally, and the game seems to be playing fine so far. The total installation time for me was about 30 minutes on FIOS DSL, which is much more than the usual time of 3-5 minutes. All I can say is, hang in there and you'll get there eventually (I think).

ETA: After the initial download failure, I did a "theraputic" reboot of my computer, but it didn't make a difference.

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 4:35:11 AM PST

jorjan23
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by jorjan23 on Feb 17, 11 4:47 AM
Error same as the other posters. the game starts to install and then gives the error message 770. I've tried several times with the same message. It appears to be looping before the message is given.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Feb 17, 11 4:47 AM
Re-downloaded itself 3 times before 'Error Download' installation failed.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 17, 11 4:55 AM
Can't get it to download. It gets to about 45% and then starts all over again.

Edit: Trying again. Up to 65% and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 6:54:28 AM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 17, 11 5:03 AM
Yet again downloaded and when I try to play it says the game is already running.

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know what might cause it.
Must admit I am getting tired of games that do not play.

[Post New]by dodge440111 on Feb 17, 11 5:05 AM
dodge440111 wrote:well, i downloaded game then bought it. but it won't download the full game for me....whats up?? it looks like it is having trouble validating.

i just tried to download again...i am up to 17% now...keep your fingers crossed for me

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 5:06:20 AM PST

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Feb 17, 11 5:05 AM
I'm having the same problem .. just keeps reloading itself ... any way of sorting this ??

Lou

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 17, 11 5:05 AM
Debnfla wrote:I can't even down load the demo! It just keeps loading...validating...and then reloading again. It did this 5 times before I stopped it.

Deb

Same here also. Won't install. Saves file, validates, then starts all over again.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Feb 17, 11 6:02 AM
Had the same problem downloading over and over. On game manager changed download to alternate and it downloaded fine and installed. Have not attempted to play yet. Wanted to post this it might help some one.

Thought it might be a good idea when we are having problems to list out system etc. I am on a vista 32 bit.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 17, 11 6:07 AM
I am having the same problem! I'm not sure if it is downloading or installing over and over again. I started the download and walked away and let it run... I was surprised when I came back and it was only at 30%... I have a fairly new computer and have never had problems like this before. I am sure BF will solved the problem. I will try again later... looks like a good game.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Feb 17, 11 6:42 AM
bluesinew wrote:I am having the same problem! I'm not sure if it is downloading or installing over and over again. I started the download and walked away and let it run... I was surprised when I came back and it was only at 30%... I have a fairly new computer and have never had problems like this before. I am sure BF will solved the problem. I will try again later... looks like a good game.

Mine was downloading, validating and attempting to install and then downloading again; it went through this process a number of times before I changed the download option on game manager to alternate.

Go to: