Marcie2304
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Love this game, anymore similar too it?

[Post New]by Marcie2304 on Feb 17, 11 9:52 AM
At first I thought this was a kids game but ended up really enjoying it and it had so many different things to do. Anyone know if there is any similar games like this.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Love this game, anymore similar too it?

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 17, 11 10:37 AM
The same developers did Crossworlds: The Flying City. It is not the same as Penguin, but is a really fun game. Give the demo more than a 30 min try. I thought the first part was a little tedious until you get out of the house. It gets better as you go along -- read comments. I really liked the game.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Feb 18, 11 1:05 PM
These are not exactly the same thing, but really enjoyable in the same sort of "humor + other things to do besides hidden object hunts" way (IMO anyway):

Yard Sale Hidden Treasures (either game) – HOG & home improvement game all in one - tons of fun!

Fashion Assistant – HOG meets “The Devil Wears Prada”. You play the beleaguered assistant trying to please the picky boss and triumph in the fashion world. Great game!

These don't have as much humor, but they are really enjoyable in the variety of things to do:

Dream Day Wedding (or Honeymoon or True Love, etc. – any of the Dream Day series) – You're a wedding planner solving catastrophe after catastrophe via hidden objects scenes. You get to choose or design some of the wedding items (dress, cake, etc.) and see the results of all your hard work in the wedding photos at the end.

Vampireville – Very entertaining, but more interactive play than the others I mentioned. Still plenty of HOGs, but you have to search for your list in rooms that take up 2 or 3 screens.

Mystery Case Files – any of them – They are all very good games. If you like a lighthearted feel, try MCF: Huntsville, the 1st MCF and still one of my favorite HOGs, or MCF: Prime Suspects (the 2nd in the series). The rest are all very much darker in theme, but excellent games.

Love & Death: Bitten – One of the most enjoyable casual games I've ever played and one of my very favorites. Even if you don't like vampires, the variety of innovative puzzles in this game will win you over.

[Post New]by Panel7124 on May 9, 11 7:44 AM
Great for children also the series 'I Spy' (Treasure Hunt, Spooky Mansion, Fantasy, Mystery - the only one that I didn't like so much is 'I Spy Fun House')

Go to: