cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Finished game and disappointed

[Post New]by cll026497 on Feb 17, 11 10:04 AM
This was my response to the question about how long the game took.........

Sigh, this is a hard one to answer, yes the bonus game is worth it but the entire game plus the bonus game is not very long. I just finished the whole thing and the music and graphics were amazing but it was all in all a very easy game, not once did I need or want a walk through and it is over. I think those who got away with the regular price were charged the right amount. The whole thing took me about 4 1/2 hours, not long enough for a CE and yes that included the bonus chapter.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Finished game and disappointed

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 17, 11 10:41 AM
Thank you for answering the time question. That means that I will have at least 6 hours of gaming fun. I'm having to consult the SG to orient myself as to where a particular place is.

Actually it took me a little over 5 hours but I very seldom love a game so much that I complete it the same day I start it. It was wonderful and now I'm anxiously awaiting the release of ERS' PuppetShow: The Lost Town. (my wallet isn't tho, lol).

Edited on 02/17/2011 at 12:19:04 PM PST

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 17, 11 10:42 AM
Thanks for letting us know how long it took. I'm probably still going to buy it, since I love most of the games from this developer, but I do wish that they'd make longer games.

staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Feb 17, 11 10:53 AM
I played the demo and found the graphics beautiful but I finished it with 18 min to go. I think the game is short. I know a lot of people are happy with the difficulty level of these games, but even on expert mode, the game was easy for me. Any recommendations for a harder HOG?

I would also like to see an HOG in a different theme. Dark and spooky gets boring after awhile, especially since it seems that the same type of game keeps being released.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Feb 17, 11 12:01 PM
Try Reincarnation:Awakening. Some HOG, lots of puzzles, not dark at all.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 18, 11 10:58 PM
staciepie27 wrote:I played the demo and found the graphics beautiful but I finished it with 18 min to go. I think the game is short. I know a lot of people are happy with the difficulty level of these games, but even on expert mode, the game was easy for me. Any recommendations for a harder HOG?

Hi there,
The "Trial" you downloaded was actually listed as a Sample Version this time...which meant you were only given a certain amount of the game to play and it depended on your game mode/speed of play etc as to whether your sample finished on the hour or earlier.
The main game was 3 times the size of the trial download...and had a lot more game play to come.
Cheers

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Feb 18, 11 11:04 PM
moonlightgrey wrote:Try Reincarnation:Awakening. Some HOG, lots of puzzles, not dark at all.

oh I LOVE that game and the second. You're right, it's a perfect mix and not dark but a lot of fun!

-lunachan

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 11:20 PM
@cll026497
Agree with you completely on the diappointment and short length of game -- actually I think it would have taken 30min less time if I hadn't had to wait so long for each scene transition.

Those loading scenes took a long time and were really boring when you had to back track through 6 scenes and then back through 6 scenes again to go get 1 thing. Seemed like they did that just to stretch the game out a little.

The story for this game had great potential, but they really slapped the finish together. I ended thinking that I missed part of the story somewhere or thinking "is that it"? Not my idea of a Collector's Edition quality game.

A question to others who finished --- were you able to complete the note puzzle on the door to the old building? I even used the strategy guide and the solution did not work for me. There was no way my notes would line up.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 18, 11 11:44 PM
Hi there mcurty,
I haven't done the bonus section of this game yet as I was saving it for later if there is nothing more interesting offered tonight.
And I had no experience with slow loading times between scenes...the only problem I had was with the original download as my Internet connection kept cutting out...it has been raining and windy here again!!
Will either post or PM you later on if you like to let you know about the note puzzle.
Cheers.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 11:44:51 PM PST

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Feb 19, 11 1:49 AM
Wow I'm really excited to hear there's a new Puppetshow on the way-I love that series!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Feb 19, 11 1:55 AM
I've finished and was not disappointed. Fabulous game, thoroughly enjoyed playing it. I didn't use the SG as it was more fun (and lasted longer) just looking for things to use and working out where to go next. Didn't seem to have a problem with loading between scenes either

@ mcurty - already answered in the other thread but I had no trouble with the notes puzzle in bonus chapter, I started at the first note and worked towards the end

Kel

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 19, 11 5:15 AM
I have also finished the game. I found it a great game and it's a pitty that it's over. No problem with loading between the scenes.

I am now waiting for the sequel.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 19, 11 7:48 AM
The main game took me about 4 1/2 hours, and the bonus another 45 minutes. So this is a really good-length game.
I was rushing it a bit when I played it yesterday, simply because I was going to give a review for this game on another site. So I will be playing it again a little slower, this time. I prefer to take my time with games - I get so much more out of them that way.

@ Mcurty: Yes, I had problems with the notes. The ones on the right all lined up just fine, but the 2 on the left didn´t. So I had to skip this one.

However, I was not disappointed with either ending. I thought the ending for the main game was just perfect - hints to a continuation - and the bonus game was also just right.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 7:51:48 AM PST

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 22, 11 10:43 PM
Is it just me? I been working on this game over the past four days and I am still only about 60 per cent finished. I think its a great game. I refuse to use the strategy guide or skip any puzzles.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 10:50:08 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 23, 11 3:19 AM
I finished this game in one hour and 22 minutes!

Joking, I'm still playing it and I haven't actually kept track of how long or how far but I definitely don't think this is a short game.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Mar 8, 11 8:27 PM
The main game took quite a while but I thought the bonus chapter was very short and didn't add much to the regular ending. I would wait for the SE. The CE did have a little sheet music to go along with wallpaper and screensaver and concept art sketches.

Go to: