bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 18, 11 12:05 AM
Help Sarah find her missing friend, who was taken away by a dark being in the middle of the night, in this Hidden Object game! Sarah seeks the help of the private detective Mystery Agency to find Emilia, and investigate the person responsible for her disappearance. Dive into a dark atmosphere in Mystery Agency – A Vampire’s Kiss and help save Sarah’s friend before time runs out and it’s too late!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 18, 11 12:21 AM
Downloading before going to work. Graphics look good...........

[Post New]by gamineannie on Feb 18, 11 12:29 AM
Only 14 minutes into the game and already don't like it. The graphics are not bad, but some items - scraps of map - are almost impossible to find. The hint takes a good minute to recharge. Haven't noticed a click penalty yet. The first mini-game had instructions that left me completely in the dark as to what to do, but that may just be me being over-tired. The game seems, so far, to be a straight HOG, without any interaction or inventory. The storyline could also have been better handled, as no one wastes a single word or adds any depth to the game. No voice over, just a bit of reading. Sorry, this one does not look very promising. I may try a bit later on, after resting, but it looks like a no buy to me.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 18, 11 12:36 AM

The system requirement of 1536 RAM is just a bit more than my poor old computer has (running xp).

I would have like to have at least tried this so Im hoping that someone else with less RAM tries this out and tells us all that was just a typo and the game will run with less RAM.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 12:37:34 AM PST

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Feb 18, 11 12:59 AM
Not my thing I guess...tried it, didn't like it...ugghhh! It is definately pretty much a straight HOG with ALOT of irritating dialogue. I dont care for the find the differences, especially when the hint takes so long to recharge. I'll pass.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 12:59:35 AM PST

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Feb 18, 11 1:04 AM
This is a bad game, don't bother downloading.

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Feb 18, 11 1:07 AM
A straight hog after yesterdays game. I dont think so. Thats like me Ancient History. Will check in later after more people try it.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 18, 11 1:50 AM
This game has a big no-no in my opinion. If you leave the game in the middle of a HOG scene, you have to start all over when you go back into the game. That is one of the things I check before I decide whether or not to buy it. It's not a good enough game to buy at the sale price nor use a game credit for.

I am 23 minutes into the demo and still haven't had a mini game.

This is definitely a no buy for me as well.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 1:51:50 AM PST

Opus1965
Guppy
Guppy
172 Posts

[Post New]by Opus1965 on Feb 18, 11 9:50 AM
I'm not liking this game as well. Finding the map pieces requires more than an actual magnifying glass. I had to use hints often. I normally don't like to use them. I think other hogs were better games. My opinion...not a buy for me. I deleted the demo almost immediately.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Feb 18, 11 11:15 AM
Downloaded and played for about 5 minutes; do not like; too much dialogue. Characters popping up on each scene talking calls for a lot of reading; boring; Finding some of the items is next to impossible.....strains the eyes......

This reminds me of earlier computer games; .After the great graphics and storyline of Maestro this is a no buy for me.........

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 12:40 PM
You really should try the demo for yourself because this game is getting undue bad comments. The office H0 scene is really hard, but don't let that be a judge for the rest of the game. Play farther than that. It gets much better.

I think the required RAM is a mistake. In my opinion there is nothing in this game that should require that much RAM. If you were able to play the ERS games, like yesterday's CE, you can certainly play this. It is not nearly as big a resource hog as the ERS games.

[Post New]by starburst40 on Feb 18, 11 2:29 PM
Way too little objects never got past office scene was terrible

Go to: