bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 18, 11 1:18 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by podette on Feb 18, 11 1:35 AM
Sorry to say this but I think this game is dreadful. It's like going back to the early days of hogs.
Of course this is only my opinion, but it's a deffo for me!!

bezzer
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bezzer on Feb 18, 11 1:46 AM
I have never posted before but just had to with this game! This has to be one of the worst games ever put out by BF. It is utter rubbish. I buy every HOG going but this is one I most definitely will not be buying. Not even worth downloading to be honest. Especially after seeing how brilliant games are nowadays, yesterdays for example was superb.... No most definitely a thumbs down on this one!

[Post New]by dunbarvance on Feb 18, 11 1:53 AM
this is my first time on here. most of the hogs are great, but this one is bad bad bad

Dragonella
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Dragonella on Feb 18, 11 1:54 AM
Slow to change between scenes, irritating dialogue to read, objects so small
that clicking randomly was the only way to find them. Then you get penalised. Absolutely tedious! A suggestion for BFG: Games are expensive so they have to
be of reasonable quality - and fun to play! Perhaps you could reduce the number of new games presented and offer ones of a higher standard. Just a suggestion.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 18, 11 1:55 AM
As I posted in another thread, this game has a big no-no for me. If you leave in the middle of a HOG scene, you have to start all over with a new list. I hate that. It's not even worth the sale price in my opinion.

This is a no buy for me as well.

Edit

23 minutes into the game and I didn't get any mini games to play. Just HOG scenes.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 1:57:02 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 18, 11 2:02 AM
The first thing that struck me was looking for the earring. I would look for mine too if I lost one but I certainly would not bother for one that looks like a bit of cheap red plastic.

There is a small delay between you clicking on an object and it disappearing but with the baseball bat I had to click it a lot of times and I did this slowly and then got frustrated and then fast clicked on it ... found out what happens when you do that ... the whole screen goes black which is definitely better than your cursor looping the loop but is still annoying.

Having found the pieces of paper containing the code for the door I was disappointed not to have to put them together and then actually enter it. It was on the next scene that I actually gave up, I got bored looking for the even more and smaller pieces of paper so never actually made it to a minigame.

Sorry devs I'm with Podette this is definitely not a game for me.

Cherb

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Feb 18, 11 2:35 AM
As CasualGran said, this reminds me very much of the early days of HOGs such as Mysteryville etc. It isn't what I want to play anymore but I expect there are people who will enjoy it for what it is.

I won't be buying this one either but I don't want to run it down just because it isn't a type of game that I enjoy any more. If you enjoy plain HOGs with the odd STD and minigame thrown in, you will like this game. Just not for me.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Feb 18, 11 2:40 AM
Am I the only one who had the wide black lines at the top and bottom of the screen? The remaining picture made large things small and small things teeny tiny! Sorry BFG but this one just put me to sleep ! On the plus side it only left one file on my pc to manually remove after I uninstalled it after 12 minutes . I love the vamp stuff but this one just didn't have it for me. However, as always I urge everyone to try it for themselves as opinions are always subjective! A BIG NO buy here!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 18, 11 2:49 AM
I've said this before, I love vampire theme games, but this one is not for me. It's a straight forward hog. The objects are so small and hard to find. And then they penalize you for using the hint button. The story starts out with sister's in a park looking for a lost earring. Then a vampire bite's one of the sister's and take's her. The other sister goes in search of her. The story was so short in setting the stage for what's going on. That I didn't find much of a story to follow. I enjoy a good story and I don't mind reading alot of dialogue. I rather enjoy it. You can't find the objects because there so small and not defined. The biggest mystery to me about this game is (What happened to the earring?) lol I am very easy to please when it come's to games. But I don't want this game for me. The graphics are fuzzy,plain and indefinable. The story is boring to me. I always say, try the game for yourself to see if you like it.

I'd rate this: TROTTER

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 7:05:23 AM PST

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Feb 18, 11 2:59 AM
I don't think I'll bother even trialling this one, I don't like straight HOGs myself.

It took a while for me to work out that STD meant "spot the difference." Do you US fishies realise that here in the UK, that usually means "sexually transmitted disease"? It's given me a smile once or twice when reading these reviews!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Feb 18, 11 3:15 AM
Izziewizz wrote:I don't think I'll bother even trialling this one, I don't like straight HOGs myself.

It took a while for me to work out that STD meant "spot the difference." Do you US fishies realise that here in the UK, that usually means "sexually transmitted disease"? It's given me a smile once or twice when reading these reviews!

Yeah, here too . . .if you got your mind in the gutter!
Dr.good

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Feb 18, 11 3:17 AM
"We are all of us in the gutter, but some of us are looking at .... the gutter".

To paraphrase the wonderful Oscar Wilde.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Feb 18, 11 3:18 AM
This game is not very entertaining, and I am being generous here.

Some items were relatively easy to find, while others had my nose right up to the screen.

The mini games were very frustrating and it took forever for the skip button to load. Not to mention, that some mini games had three games in a row before going back to the main game play.

The STD were not too hard, but not my favourite thing to play.

Overall, I would say the graphics, music and actual game play are very basic and rather boring.

I don't think I would play this one, if it was free.

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Feb 18, 11 3:33 AM
I totally agree with the former post.
Some people can make great games, others cannot !!!
This is certainly not a buy for me !
Dull,dull, dull !!!!

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Feb 18, 11 3:40 AM
Straight to the Trash Bin. A piece of crap,

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 18, 11 4:11 AM
I can't get on with this game at all! Boring HOG scene after HOG scene, too much chit chat...and the only 2 puzzles I came across were soooo boring I couldn't be bothered with them. Used my trial hour waiting for skip button to refill! Just when you think you've skipped a puzzle another pops up, so waiting yonks for hint to refill again and again.......
I usually play advanced, but as this game has timed HOG scenes, decided to go for normal mode!
Either way, it looks a cheap, tacky game and I so wanted to use a game credit this week!
After yesterdays CE, this game seems so drab.
And I LOVE vampire games!

Edited to add that even clicking on the correct item umpteen times didn't get it to go, until I used a hint!

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 4:16:17 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 18, 11 4:11 AM
Dragonella wrote:Slow to change between scenes, irritating dialogue to read, objects so small that clicking randomly was the only way to find them. Then you get penalised. Absolutely tedious! A suggestion for BFG: Games are expensive so they have to be of reasonable quality - and fun to play! Perhaps you could reduce the number of new games presented and offer ones of a higher standard. Just a suggestion.

Dragonella's right. This was an awful game, and a frustrating one. I gave up ten minutes in--my eyes were starting to ache. I really don't want to play a game that frustrates me AND gives me pain.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Feb 18, 11 4:16 AM
I am sure that the basic storyline is good but, the objects to be found were most of the time indecipherable. unfortunately I have been gifted with only 20/20 normal vision and not binocular full strength. Too much effort put in by the author(s) to try to give a degree of difficulty... this only leads to lack of interest. Back to the drawing board folks.
Sorry I have to give it

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 4:18:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 18, 11 4:20 AM
I could tell from the screenshots that this is a no-buy. I hate games with contemporary settings. Nobody's gonna buy a game that screams "Scranton".

Then again, in some of the countries these game studios are located, I guess suburban America is a wild unattainable fantasyland to them.

Go to: