bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 18, 11 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 18, 11 4:49 AM
The graphics are cute. The idea of the game is to build a tourist trap in the little town. Too funny! There are various citizens who have ideas to make the town the best and most attractive to a variety of vistor types *families, truckers, etc* There is normal play and free play. This is a cute game and well worth the Daily Deal.

This game is a B.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Feb 18, 11 4:49 PM
I cannot believe there is only ONE review! I unfortunately wasn't able to play but it sounds like my kind of game. A modern Road of Rome perchance?

Starchild6
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by Starchild6 on Oct 12, 11 9:07 PM
I don't think I am really stupid, but I never could figure out what the heck I was supposed to be doing after first building a bunch of stuff it told me to build. After that, it seemed like all I did was keep repairing the same silly things one after another. And they were silly "attractions." Anyhow, it soon bored me to tears and I couldn't even spend an hour on it.

Great game, but needs algorithm tweaking

[Post New]by heatherceana on Aug 19, 14 7:09 AM
Hi All,

This is a cute game with a funny concept. There is a tutorial to it, so I'm not sure what happened to the person who says they couldn't figure out what to do after the first building. You have the chance to build different kinds of buildings to attract various populations (truckers, families, college students, senior citizens, etc.).

The problem with the algorithm begins with the introduction of the firehouse. All the sudden, you are wasting at least $1000 per turn, because EVERY turn something burns and something needs repair, plus what you just extinguished will also need to be repaired. You are investing so much time with damage control, that you do not have time to focus on other matters.

The land expansion is a good idea, but you cannot keep an eye on all buildings and expand. You hear that something is burning or in need of repair, but have to scroll back and forth to figure out where it is. It might be helpful to add a button that will zoom to the property in need of your attention.

The graphics are fine for me. This isn't a game that you've paid $80 for.

Please fix this problem to significantly improve game play.

Without this problem, this game is easily probably 4 to 4.5 stars. With this problem, it drags the game down to 2.5 to 3 stars, tops.

Thanks for a great game! Hope you can address this issue.

Heather Ceana

Go to: