mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

This game is RAM "heavy" !

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Feb 18, 11 1:56 AM
This game requires 1536 RAM, my 512 RAM will not support this game. You could have similar issues like I did and game will not play.

adec
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:This game is RAM "heavy" !

[Post New]by adec on Feb 18, 11 6:15 AM
My PC has 1.5Gb RAM and it still won't play!

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Feb 18, 11 7:35 AM
I download my games on thumbnail things? they say if you do that it wont use up space or stuff. So far it helps no problems

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Feb 18, 11 8:51 AM
demon13 wrote:I download my games on thumbnail things? they say if you do that it wont use up space or stuff. So far it helps no problems

How do you download on thumbnail thing?

sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sct1968 on Feb 18, 11 9:48 AM
no comment

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Feb 18, 11 10:01 AM
SusanBStephens wrote:
demon13 wrote:I download my games on thumbnail things? they say if you do that it wont use up space or stuff. So far it helps no problems

How do you download on thumbnail thing?

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Feb 18, 11 10:02 AM
What is a thumbnail thing and how do u use it ??
Tink

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 12:10 PM
This game loaded and ran fine on my machine. I only have 1GB of ram (1022), and It ran much better than yesterday's CE. I'm believing that the required RAM is a mistake. Scenes loaded quickly - no lagging - no cursor issues.

Putting games on external storage device has nothing to do with required RAM.

Thumb thing is a flash drive. It's fine to use to store your games.

This game is getting undeserved criticism. Did you actually try the game?

Edited to correct my RAM amount -- forgot I am using my laptop.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 10:18:53 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 18, 11 12:19 PM
McCurty, I agree with you. I played 30 mimutes and bought it with a punch card credit. I may actually use the rest of them up this month after all, lol. I really think those who quit a demo after just a few minutes really don't even give a game a chance. I am thinking those people really don't care for hogs all that much. Like everything, some hogs are outstanding, and we usually pay more for them, and some are just decent hogs. A few really are stinkers, but this one isn't one of them.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 18, 11 7:05 PM
I stuck it out for forty minutes even though it was boring me rigid, I was willing it to get better...But it did not.

Wolfen you may not consider this one a stinker but I did, I would not recomend this to anyone.
Oh and I do care for HOGs, most of the games that I purchase are HOG style games, they are my favourite, but this one is more spot the difference then HOG.

If you like it then great but for myself I would rather spend my money on something a whole lot better.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Feb 18, 11 10:02 PM
Thank you McCurty. Could not think of the name! Yes i played and like the game but i play slow. im kinda new, is it okay to put them on a flashdrive???THANKS

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 19, 11 11:56 AM
I second that like raindancer! I am buying too, I like FTDs..I know I'm one of only few. Rather have that then the simon says minis when they do like up to 7-8 or some other gotta skip types.

It makes me so mad at PC makers when they sell these 299 walleyworld (and the like..just one example) POJ PCs to people that know little about computers and specks. They get them home and then think its BFGs or the Dev fault when they don't run..its not! 9 times out of 10 its your computer...could be a simple driver update.. or you could have a sub par graphics card that they throw into cheaper computers. RAM is important.. but so is a good graphics care and your hard drive speed. Laptops are even more complex. I learned everything I could before I bought mine and have not had 1 issue running any game. Go down to your local small biz computer shop.. guess what? They can tell you everything you need to know to buy a PC right for your needs.. OR build you one cheaper than retail. We'd see a lot less complaints if more people knew this. Shame on big biz, that is a subject that always gets me !

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 20, 11 12:17 PM
So true...when I bought my two computers, lap top and pc, in July, I did some research first. I knew what I wanted. So I have lots of RAM, huge hard drive on both, and good graphics cards. The rep and I discussed my gaming needs...told him I am not a hard core, War of the Worlds, type gamer...mainly hogs and that I wanted space so I wouldn't have to keep deleting a game to play another, or have to keep checking how much space I did have. I am happy...only game I have been unable to play on BF is that Columbus one that gave most of us, that have Win 7, problems. I was able to play that game from another site, so guess there was a fix for it... BF still hasn't upgraded it, but doesn't matter to me now, lol.

[Post New]by vicki1111 on Feb 21, 11 5:33 PM
The game loaded and installed...but it says my hardware does not support this game...I don't know what that means...help please...?

[Post New]by OregonFan on Feb 21, 11 6:15 PM
There were quite a few people that received the "hardware not supported" error message. I reported that error to CS, along with a Dr. Felix report, and CS responded that: "Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss has pretty high RAM requirements, and it needs 1536 MB of RAM...".

So, if you don't have the required amount of RAM, the game won't run.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 21, 11 6:29 PM
It ran fine on my laptop with 1000 MB of RAM.

[Post New]by vicki1111 on Feb 22, 11 4:34 AM
Thank you OregonFan...I normally don't have any problem....just wondered what that meant..I will move on to a different game....Again...Thank you

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 4:35:06 AM PST

Go to: