rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Piano Notes

[Post New]by rtrooney on Feb 18, 11 8:55 AM
Am playing the game a second time. I have found all the piano notes. However, the fourth note, the second of four RE notes, is grayed out. I am wondering if doing what I knew I needed to do, i.e., find all the notes, before I actually knew what I needed to do, i.e., look at the piano, might have caused this glitch. I surely don't want to start over again. Any thoughts?

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Piano Notes

[Post New]by rtrooney on Feb 18, 11 11:13 AM
Not sure whether the above post should have been posted under technical issues. But am hoping to get a response here nonetheless. There are four illuminated RE notes in the cemetery when you first arrive. Not sure which one caused the problem. There are now "no" illuminated letters in the cemetery. I thought I might be able to muddle through without solving the puzzle, but that's not possible. The colored lights in the cemetery are apparently random so the cube can't be solved. The diving suit needs a flashlight which is triggered by the puzzle. Ditto the crowbar and **** sequence at the cemetery's entrance where I get the fifth key.

All in all, I'm stymied.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 18, 11 12:49 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not real clear what's going on here. You've found all the notes but the piano won't play the tune because it thinks you haven't found a RE note? Have you looked at the walkthrough to see if you found all the RE notes?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 12:59 PM
Did you get the piano note where you had to light the match to "see" it? If you didn't light the match that may be your problem. Yes, you have to solve this puzzle part to continue.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Feb 19, 11 10:46 AM
It was a glitch of some sort. I did get all the notes but was missing one on the piano. Replayed to the same spot. (That was a fun 'speed game' of about 2.5 hours.) Did the same thing, and this time all the notes appeared on the piano. Don't know what to say except I'm pleased that whatever the glitch was, it didn't repeat.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 19, 11 11:46 AM
Thanks for getting back, rtrooney. Glad you got it to work correctly.

I've done several of those "speed" games to try to help players or figure out problems -- they are actually pretty fun -- I feel so smart when I know where all the H0 items are and can just click instead of hunting.

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Feb 19, 11 5:32 PM
Totally agree. Once you've played a game a time or two, and it still has replay value, then it is "start the stopwatch"!

marvin90
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by marvin90 on Jun 18, 11 6:06 PM
I am having the same problem with the piano, this is what I have re mi fa re sol la, missing a note, then mi fa re do,

how do you get that note to appear on the piano page?

Go to: