Mata Hari

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Mata Hari

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Dec 9, 08 3:37 AM
Good morning all you wonderful fishies!!!
I am down loading the new game Mata Hari,( I give any Ho a 60 min chance) Im wondering, has anyone tried it? Im in need of a good Ho adventure game!!! Nothing can hold a candle to RTR. If anyone has any feedback on the new game, I;d love to hear it. I will post & let Y'all know what I think after the demo. Thanks alot. Have a Great Day!!

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Mata Hari

[Post New]by Staril on Dec 9, 08 3:50 AM
I tried to try it but it was running very strangely on my vista machine. The cursor moved very slowly and I think there were supposed to be movie type bits but they didn't display at all. I've deleted it but will retry if I hear that it might be worth it.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Dec 9, 08 4:31 AM
My XP was also "dragging", and I never have that problem. Re-installed...a bit better. OK game. Not a purchase for me though. Waiting for the "escape the museum sequel". Should be here soon hopefully.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 9, 08 4:36 AM
Ohh excellent news Journey. Thanks for the heads up. That's a definite buy. Happy gaming.

Sassy

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Dec 9, 08 4:37 AM
I downloaded the demo this morning and can't get past the first puzzle (punchcard to get the encryption machine). I've got the objects I need but don't know how to put them together to get them to unlock the cabinet. Anyone done this yet?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 9, 08 4:43 AM
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:I downloaded the demo this morning and can't get past the first puzzle (punchcard to get the encryption machine). I've got the objects I need but don't know how to put them together to get them to unlock the cabinet. Anyone done this yet?

Have you gotten the folder from the shelf that has the code? When you've done that puzzle it will show you the open folder and you need to drag the card and punch onto sparklie puzzle piece at bottom of inventory to process the card, then you can use it.

[Post New]by nancymor51 on Dec 9, 08 5:56 AM
Has anyone figured out the pipe puzzle? I have rearranged many ways but with no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Dec 9, 08 6:01 AM
Hi nancymor51, can you tell me how to read the file to get the punch code? Sorry I cant be of help to you. Thank you

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 9, 08 6:23 AM
cursor was very slow and almost uncontrollable, also lots of interference. i un-installed it!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 9, 08 6:58 AM
midnight1864 wrote:Hi Poodlebear I have played 30 mins of demo & cant figure out how to read the file?? I have all the items, it says the punch code is in the folder, How do I open it?? I do think it has nice graphics, I also am runing vista & have not had any problems with viewing game. Just doesnt explain what to do very well. Can you help please?? Thank you

Have you dragged the found folder to the shelf with a lot of folders that look like it? There's a puzzle you must solve there to swap the one you find loose in the room (a dummy folder as it were) with the one with the actual code. When you solve that puzzle the folder pops open and shows you the patern to punch the card.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Dec 9, 08 7:00 AM
Thanks everyone for the heads up on this one ,sounds like a good one . maybe they will patch the glitch soon after the suport people here this about mouse glitch.

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Dec 9, 08 7:01 AM
I've got a laptop and vista, game is running fine .... Finding this game a bit boring though, kinda slow .... Not sure if i'm going to buy it ... saw that the second game of Escape from the Museum is out shortly, I might hold off for that one

Lou

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Dec 9, 08 7:21 AM
I deleted this one after about 15 minutes. The game ran fine but I found it rather tedious. I hate silhouettes!! I hated having to dress her, never did like playing with dolls...LOL

I fear after playing RTR I'll never find an HO game I like again...

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Dec 9, 08 7:25 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
PuppyDogMom1 wrote:I downloaded the demo this morning and can't get past the first puzzle (punchcard to get the encryption machine). I've got the objects I need but don't know how to put them together to get them to unlock the cabinet. Anyone done this yet?

Have you gotten the folder from the shelf that has the code? When you've done that puzzle it will show you the open folder and you need to drag the card and punch onto sparklie puzzle piece at bottom of inventory to process the card, then you can use it.

I've gotten the folder with the punch code and I've got the punch. I try dragging them onto the puzzle piece but they just pop right back into place. Nothing happens when I drag them. All three pieces are "sparkling." Is there a particular order in which this should be done?

tuakka
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tuakka on Dec 9, 08 8:16 AM
Hi All,

I bought the Mata Hari game this morning and already finished it 2x (first in easy mode, then replayed it again in hard mode). Once I understood what it is I was supposed to do, I really enjoyed it a lot. It's not a typical HO game, and it has a good amount of logical puzzles to solve. My only complaint is that it was too short of a game. If you're contemplating whether or not to buy it.....I say go for it!

gadget56
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by gadget56 on Dec 9, 08 8:21 AM
Tried the demo, never had any problems before this game. It drove me crazy, short trip, nothing seemed to work right.

[Post New]by Cuddlycoala on Dec 9, 08 8:41 AM
Sits drumming fingers on the keyboard while waiting for game to download. I fear that I agree with a number of people in here that after RTR there won't be another game comparable....sigh...Have we been spoiled???

firestone1960
Flounder
Flounder
2,309 Posts

[Post New]by firestone1960 on Dec 9, 08 9:21 AM

did not like this one at all...
only played 15 mins of it - couldn't take anymore.
didn't really like the way it looked either.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Dec 9, 08 9:29 AM
I haven't played this yet, but from the comments how come it is listed as Adventure, but RTR as HO?

cjarrett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cjarrett on Dec 9, 08 9:43 AM
I may wish I hadn't have bought this one. .. . .but I did, and so far it's entertaining enough, but I'm at Banquet Hall (level 6 i think).
I have filled the coffee cup, so I have the coffee urn, the cup, the key and the smoking room plan. I've steamed both gun cabinets with the coffee cup showing a set of three numbers on each, but it says I still need something to open those and I need something on the painting of Napoleon (i think?)......................any hints would be appreciated. I'm stumped.

Go to: