BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS - Angela Young 2: Escape the Dreamscape-DD-Feb.20/11

[Post New]by BBB10 on Feb 20, 11 12:57 AM
Let us know what you think of this game!

Thanks.

Happy Gaming!!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS - Angela Young 2: Escape the Dreamscape-DD-Feb.20/11

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 20, 11 2:05 AM
Even tho this game may be simplistic in it's play, the graphics are amazing! Really beautiful. I really like this game. I haven't played the first one yet, but I will be. This is definetley a little gem of a game. Especially at DD prices. I highly recommend trying this game if your a hog lover, like myself. Yes, it's easy,but very charming.

I'd rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

Re:YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS - Angela Young 2: Escape the Dreamscape-DD-Feb.20/11

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 20, 11 3:44 AM
This is a no buy for me, was greeted by the devil in red suit, tail and horns. Think Lord of Nightmares. Didn't see him again but he ruined the charm of the game as you are watching for him to make another appearance. One big spider to deal with - I don't mind them but if you have a phobia you might. I played through 22 levels of 39 without skipping mini-games in 57 minutes. Some items were slightly difficult to find but not so much you couldn't find them. Probably a 2 hour game. Sometimes you were given items to use and it was difficult to figure out how or where to use them - other times very simple. It's cutesy, graphics are ok. Basic HOG - probably worth $2.99 for some people.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Feb 20, 11 4:22 AM
Graphics were nice and clear.

The rest? Oh my. Well, Don't like the...shall we call her the protagonist? The figure with the child's face and large bosom was borderline creepy for me. So far, the puzzles are so simple, I didn't even mind doing the "slide the rocks out of the way," which is a puzzle I normally skip because I just don't like them. Also, I don't care for finding silhouettes. That's a personal quirk. I like lists....except when I'm finding pairs. I kept clicking on pairs before they came up on the list. That was annoying.

So, the graphics are nice and clear. The music isn't irritating. Guess that would give it one star out of five, but it's a no buy for me.

[Post New]by juliebugs79 on Feb 20, 11 9:43 AM
That big spider in the screenshot kept me from trying this one. I don't care if it's only in one scene, that's too much for me. I'm glad they showed that screenshot.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 20, 11 9:44 AM
I may be 65-ish but this game is a fun distraction. The graphics are well drawn and the puzzles are fun. The reason I purchased it was the screen shot of the slider puzzle...which I love.

My youngest grandchild will love this game and for $2.99 I feel like I won the lottery. This game brings out the "inner child" in me, lol.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 20, 11 11:05 AM
Still on the fence about this one. Beautiful graphics, fun fast play, some quite challenging puzzles, but I'm pretty much halfway through the game at the end of the demo. I don't mind short games, but this one might be too short even for $2.99. I don't think it has much replay value other than if you want something to absolutely breeze through given a time restraint - like choosing a short story to read over starting a novel. But other than that I think it is a great game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 20, 11 11:14 AM

"her missing cat, Felix"

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Feb 20, 11 12:15 PM
I'm going to say no to this one... I've played it before so I only had half the demo available, but it picked right up where I left off... expect I had no idea where I was or what I was doing... oh well, I tried it anyway.

The only good thing I have to say (in my 10 minute demo time) was that the game displayed in WIDESCREEN with no side bars! I know a lot of fishies like that... However, the graphics weren't that good (probably were good when this game was released) and the list only showed 3 objects at a time... so why do I need widescreen?

Anyway, I didn't really play long enough to comment on the game, I only did one mini game (easy) and some minimal interaction (just make the cursor sparkle and you can figure it out... was a bit ... obscure) which seems to match what other fishies are saying...

Update: Just checked the Walkthrough (I really don't remeber this game at all!), in 30 minutes (in 2 sessions) of demo time I'd completed 14 levels of 38... doesn't look like a very long game...

Edited on 02/20/2011 at 12:19:18 PM PST

[Post New]by lenypenny on Feb 20, 11 1:40 PM
This was the worst, most boring game I have ever bought from BG, and I've bought many. A child could have done this game in no time. Thank goodness I only wasted $2.99 on it. Looked interesting in the trial run but just got more boring as it went along. Didn't even have to use hints and that says something for me as I don't have a good mind anymore at 83. I'll read more comments after this.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Feb 20, 11 4:40 PM
I was on the fence with this one until i looked at the walkthrough. Then i discovered i had covered about 80% in the hour trial.

I'm sure this was a fine game when it came out, but the game players now typically want more for their money than this game can provide.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 20, 11 5:44 PM
Yes, a child could play this one, and I believe this IS a kid's game probably like the first Angela Young.

I bought AY 1 last year, maybe it was a DD then too, when I got a widescreen 15" laptop and jumped on it only because it was the first game without the black fill in borders I had seen. I think it is "stretched" also on my new 17" laptop, as some are, a bit distorted. Balls rather oval shaped.

Colorful nice clear graphics, easy play, but can't say I ever finished it, sorry I bought it when I found some other games that displayed widescreen on my laptop. Quite a simple game for us who have moved on, don't remember any devils or spiders in the first AY to scare kids. I do recall how odd she looked with the figure as supposedly a child. Kinda reminded me of Judy Garland in Wizard of Oz, a bit too preteen for the part IMO. Maybe it was made for young teeny boppers. But not the more mature seasoned player who wants more of a challenge. I'm assuming AY2 Dreamscape is a sequel to the first, maybe shouldn't comment not having played 2, but like other widescreen lookers, if you want to fill your screen, and especially if you've got a kid player around, it's nice and good graphics.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 20, 11 6:10 PM
Not to discourage anyone, but I was able to play this game twice. The second time I was able to beat it within the hour and had 3 minutes left. Too bad, because I still say it is a fun game and I enjoyed the race against the clock to beat it. Maybe for someone younger despite the busty girl? (Which by the way, I never even took note of until somebody mentioned it and even then I still was not offended). It's bright, colourful, has clear graphics and except for some of the puzzles being a bit challenging (I skipped only the last match puzzle in the whole game), the objects are relatively easy to find.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 21, 11 11:48 PM
I played the first game.. and I do not like cutesy child game normally. I prefer darker mysteries..
However..Don't write it off as just a kids game or too simple! Some scenes I breezed through, others I needed hints with very well hidden objects.

I bought the first AY as a DD too and seeing this one in sale I decided to dive into it. (editing this as I finished it last night) It took me 3-4 hours to finish. Didn't realize they made a sequel, until I saw this as a DD too. Sure enough I was happy to see at the end it was "to be continued" and this sequel is continuing on the same style..just a bit better, updated in graphics and new minis.

No sneakers needed here, you are taken from scene to scene with a different background (new chapter)after about 3-5 scenes. There is a nice variety of different types of scenes to play too, this is not your normal straight HOG.. more like a HOG with a twist and lots of mini games. Azeda-lite almost. And the cat is just toooo adorable!

There are normal H0s with word lists that don't show them all more are given as you find the H0s, silhouette H0s, find 12 of the same H0, find H0 pairs (those were a little harder), There were also mini games with a skip button; ring puzzles, take away matchsticks on a 9 square grid to make a certain # of squares, a unique sort of match 3, jigsaws, looks like 2 will have slide puzzles, usual minis etc. The hint fills up quickly. Some scenes were a breeze others a challenge with blended objects but nothing too ridicules.. no pink frogs etc, So I did use hints and I'm no slouch. It was a nice touch that some objects moved on same background(chapter), different scenes like going from list H0 to silhouette H0.

In between new backgrounds (chapters) there is a story, not too much too it though. Just a few lines from the Wizard you are helping get the dream world "back to normal" from some evil villain.

Its a relaxing HOG with a unique twist. Not your typical boring straight HOG. So I was very happy to see the DD of this game and I needed one more punch for my card.Graphics look good to me, just a very unique series.I am surprised but I really fell in love with this HOG series!

For a NON CE game I give it 4 s and a big

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 8:42:59 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 22, 11 11:54 PM
Also another nice addition to this sequel, there is some lite iHOG added, the mini games are a tad more engaging.. oh and click everything too.

Edited on 02/22/2011 at 11:58:25 PM PST

Go to: