bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hotel Giant forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Welcome to Hotel Giant forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hotel Giant players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Welcome to Hotel Giant forum

[Post New]by GameQueen1975 on Sep 15, 08 11:06 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Hotel Giant forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hotel Giant players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Thank you for the welcome does anyone have any tips on who to beat this game. I have this game but I can't beat it!!!!

Re:Welcome to Hotel Giant forum

[Post New]by Chuck1967 on Feb 17, 09 3:07 PM
I just purchased hotel giant and I am running windows Vista and the program crashes everytime I click the start button windows closes the game and says ht stopped working. Is there a fix for this?

[Post New]by renmed on Mar 8, 09 1:02 PM
Chuck1967 wrote:I just purchased hotel giant and I am running windows Vista and the program crashes everytime I click the start button windows closes the game and says ht stopped working. Is there a fix for this?

I had the same problem. I changed the screen settings and it worked. Try it.

[Post New]by Recklessmbition on Mar 23, 09 10:06 PM
What did you change your screen settings to? I'm having the same problem.

myralouc
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by myralouc on May 4, 09 7:43 AM
I just bought Hotel Giant and I have Windows Vista. It would stop working every time when it got to the play menu screen. What I did was closed everything on the startup and did what you call a clean boot. Then I went to the Help and support, clicked on that, next click on Help with Windows Vista; click on Table of contents; click on Programs, tools and games; click on working with Programs and tools; click on Program Compatibility; then click on Start the Program Compatibility Wizard; then click to open the Program Compatibility Wizard. Follow the instructions--you can use the first method and have the computer list all your programs and you select the file ---or, I used the manual list of the program by typing the path--such as F:\Games\Hotel Giant\Launch Game (my games are on my external drive so you may have to use C:\Program Files\................ or whatever your path is). You can use a little shorter method of getting to that program by typing Program Compatibility Wizard in the search window After you get past the "programs, tools and games". I have used this method with some favorites I used to play in my Windows XP. Works on most of them. Hope this helps some that are having problems.

[Post New]by hotbrown on Jun 13, 09 4:14 PM
This is pretty stupid, I have had this game now for over 9 months and still have never been able to play it. There is also no good way to contact bigfish to ask for my money back on this game. I want a refund of my 9.99 that I paid for this game as cit does not seems that Bigfish cares about is customers satisfaction with games that does now work.

What a let down. Should have bought the game from an outsider so that I can get updates and mod for this game.

Very upset customer here.

orangeboy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by orangeboy on Aug 26, 09 5:54 AM
There is a way to get refund. Go to "My Account" where you will find link to Live Chat. When a game doesn't work they are great to give you a credit to get another game. I did it months ago with Hotel Giant. One thing though, depending on the time of day the wait can be a long one. But you can to other stuff and check back on it.

[Post New]by artist616 on Dec 21, 09 5:06 PM
I just put my game on my new laptop and it keeps flashing. it still plays fine, but the flashing of white drives me crazy. I have windows 7 now. how can i format the game for windows 7...if thats the problem???

neelv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by neelv on Mar 31, 10 1:35 PM
artist616 wrote:I just put my game on my new laptop and it keeps flashing. it still plays fine, but the flashing of white drives me crazy. I have windows 7 now. how can i format the game for windows 7...if thats the problem???

I have the same issue on my 64-bit Windows 7 PC.

[Post New]by escence101 on May 12, 10 3:36 PM
I just bought this game and it keeps crashing i cant play it i am running it on my laptop with windows 7 HELP PLEASE!!!

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on May 12, 10 3:57 PM
Hi fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is crashing on your laptops. You may want to make sure you have enough space on your computer for your game. One thing that may help would be to uninstall games that you aren't currently playing. That way you can free up some space and you can always reinstall from your Purchase History.

Disabling Aero may help too.

From your Windows 7 desktop, right-click your mouse and select Personalize.

A window will appear. Scroll down and select one of the Basic and High Contrast Themes. (By using one of these basic settings, you will free up video card memory to be used for your game.)

Once complete, open and play your game.

You may also want to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. Here is a help article with more information. Game Freezing

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by SophMca on Aug 4, 10 5:37 AM
Hi, what did you change your screen settings to? its driving me crazy!! thanks.

[Post New]by autumn19bs on Aug 21, 11 10:17 PM
How do I change the game screen resolution or settings.Mine is running in a small box and I hate playing it like that.

[Post New]by racheljayne on Apr 4, 12 5:18 AM
my hotel giant loads i get the hotel up then when i hover over any buttons near the bottom of my screen it crashes and exits help?

pjbf
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by pjbf on Jul 23, 12 11:24 PM
Nice to see that nothing has changed. I'm going to have to return this game. I've tried so many things, and nothing works.

Pity, looked like a fun game and wasn't one of the hundreds upon hundreds of cookie cutter Time Management games.

[Post New]by Gr8tea on Jul 26, 12 5:43 AM
this game has some problem and I'M SORRy that nobody really cares to help out from the big fish teeam, that is why I dont buy any games from here

[Post New]by aurieaurora on Aug 10, 12 6:08 AM
i just bought this.. my game installs, loads and runs (so far).. but it flickers! how annoying! irritates the eyes.. anyone know why? or what I can do?

i'm using a windows PC desktop....

[Post New]by xodeetodd on May 6, 14 2:26 PM
Hey,
Making guest rooms and when I'm trying to put doors down its telling me to place the door on the ground but it is? Atleast im aure it is! Now none of my rooms have doors ??

[Post New]by luv2playtoo on Aug 13, 14 5:49 AM
Well, I just started with this game. So far - no problems with flashing ect. But I can't figure out how to get past the second tutorial goals.

I'm trying to get my hotel guests some cable and TV upgrades for there rooms but the game does not seem to provide access to the same. I've fancied up the rooms to the max but have no access to the additional amenities for the hotel. [I don't see how to increase profit other than offering the vending machines]

If anyone can help me I would appreciate it very much.

[I have seen that door to the floor prompt before too, but somehow manage to insert doors. [Maybe you could try re-positioning your rooms ever so slightly so that they just touch and do not overlap by using the yellow-orange grid re-position tool. ]

And by the way, I too encourage those having severe issues to seek help through Big Fish customer service. I have sent crazy emails frantic when games don't work - they always respond and always help. If you give contact info they will even call to guide you through. (But do take the online trouble shooting advise to heart.)

Just a customer like you. Hope someone out there knows how to get the Copenhagen Inn some cable! luv2playtoo

Go to: