Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Chapter 3 - Scotland - Dungeon floor - Cannot add last item to 'items ring'

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 21, 11 1:45 PM
Hi, I am a longtime reader of the forums, first time poster. Hoping someone can help me.

I am near the end of the Scotland chapter (42 of 44 completed). The 'items ring' opens up near the dungeon floor. I can add all but one item to the ring. (The item found on the table.) Have tried exiting game (multiple times), leaving scene, changing day to night and back again, and dropping the final item in various parts of the center circle and the particular item circle. The X-Glass is available but I don't spot anything when using it. I cannot close/reopen the ring. Anyone else run into this and solve it? Per the walkthrough, it doesn't seem as if I'm missing any step. I really hate the idea of starting over with a new profile... (Win7x64 machine)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Jorie

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

Re:Chapter 3 - Scotland - Dungeon floor - Cannot add last item to 'items ring'

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 21, 11 2:05 PM
what a pain - can't think why it isn't working.
can you remind me what that is making? is it hamster time?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 21, 11 3:05 PM
Thanks for responding! This is to open up the floor in the dungeon to get to a chest to get the final 'lily'. I'm so close to finishing this chapter and just cannot proceed.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Feb 21, 11 4:58 PM
OK - had a quick look at the walkthrough and played a bit
I know this sounds silly - and i'm sure you've done it - but did you click in the right round circle?
are the others in their circles (ie assembled pulley etc)
if you've tried everything i think you'll have to go to CS - i really can't see why it isn't working
(though there have been massive issues with this game - this isn't one of the reported ones

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 22, 11 4:00 AM
Update: I replayed the chapter and played the last few tasks in a different order. This time, I could place all the items in the ring and get the to H0 scene in the chest in the floor.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Feb 22, 11 4:05 AM
P.S. Thanks to Shevyron for responding and giving advice!

Go to: