bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Feb 21, 11 9:04 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

dotpet5
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

I can't saw the grate to get into the temple

[Post New]by dotpet5 on Feb 22, 11 5:29 AM
I can't saw the grate to get into the temple

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by Godolfin on Feb 22, 11 7:14 AM
I can't get this game to play at all. I downloaded what was supposed to be the "fixed" version but I seem to be getting a different error than everyone else. I click on play game and it starts to open but then minimizes onto my task bar and won't open. When I click on the task bar the game opens for a split second then minimizes again.

Bettyb36
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Bettyb36 on Feb 22, 11 7:53 AM
The frustration I have is that I played the Collectors Edition just fine, and I couldnt pay the CE Price so I was waiting for the other to come out,

I downloaded it and it took FOREVER, wouldnt work did everything the help and discussions pages asked and it still wont work!

Why would the CE edition work and not the other!

[Post New]by MississippiNana on Feb 22, 11 10:24 AM
Glitch in the game? Excavation site: I got to the point of getting second eye in the drawer, drawer turned blue when I clicked on it, but window never would open up to show the eye so I could not collect the eye. I am going to delete and not even fool with it.

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Feb 22, 11 1:41 PM
Hi. I am getting an access violation error with the game. Now what do i do?

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 22, 11 1:42 PM
Godolfin wrote:I can't get this game to play at all. I downloaded what was supposed to be the "fixed" version but I seem to be getting a different error than everyone else. I click on play game and it starts to open but then minimizes onto my task bar and won't open. When I click on the task bar the game opens for a split second then minimizes again.

If you have any other windows open, a browser window, a walkthrough window, any web sites at all, the game will react that way.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 22, 11 1:43 PM
gameplayer43 wrote:Hi. I am getting an access violation error with the game. Now what do i do?

Did you uninstall the game then reinstall it? There has been a fix for that, but the fix won't work if you don't uninstall then reinstall.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 22, 11 1:45 PM
Bettyb36 wrote:The frustration I have is that I played the Collectors Edition just fine, and I couldnt pay the CE Price so I was waiting for the other to come out,

I downloaded it and it took FOREVER, wouldnt work did everything the help and discussions pages asked and it still wont work!

Why would the CE edition work and not the other!

If you're referring to the Access Violation error message, there has been a fixed version updated. You will need to uninstall the current game then reinstall.

gameplayer43
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by gameplayer43 on Feb 22, 11 7:56 PM
Hi. I reinstalled the game and it works like a charm. Thanks.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Feb 22, 11 11:45 PM
this is rubbish, big fish said they had fixed the problem I had to download it again and it worked fine last night, now I am getting the error sign up again. I am not changing my profile again, and starting the game again as I have done it four times now. grrrrrrrrrr

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Feb 23, 11 9:15 PM

I played for a couple of hours after I downloaded it, and it worked fine. I saved the game and exited, and the next day when I went back to it, I kept getting the access violation notice. I redownloaded three times, though I forgot to uninstall it the first time. But I did uninstall and reinstall twice, and still got the error notice. Also, I restarted my computer each time. Anyway, finally I went to tech Help, and saw that one solution would be closing my virus protection software temporarily. I decided to try that first, and it worked. I don't like doing it; it has risks, plus it's inconvenient. But at least I can play the game. My computer is less than a month old, so I figured all my drivers, etc. were already up to date. If they were not, then the other suggestion was to update them all.

It's too bad, though, that any action was necessary.

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Feb 24, 11 11:54 AM
I've had nothing but trouble with this game. At first it plays fine then when I quit and came back it gave me an error messages and had to creat a new profile only to have it do it all over again.. When I uninstalled and reinstalled it played fine till I found all the pages to the Grail Book and the it crashed my pc. I'm done. I want my game credit back.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 11:57:08 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 24, 11 11:08 PM

I tried this game (the fixed version) and it did play but there was always a slight delay in the game when using the cursor.

And, my computer was whirring and making straining noises like a jet engine so I decided to delete the game and keep my computer healthy.

Gillian8512
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Gillian8512 on Feb 25, 11 10:24 AM
COLOR DEPTH?

I have downloaded the trial version of Treasure Seekers, but cannot play it . This is the first Big Fish game to require I change the color depth to 32-bit. The glossary and index on my computer only list definitions. Please let me know how to change the color depth?

montqpr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by montqpr on Feb 25, 11 12:00 PM
Gillian8512 wrote:COLOR DEPTH?

I have downloaded the trial version of Treasure Seekers, but cannot play it . This is the first Big Fish game to require I change the color depth to 32-bit. The glossary and index on my computer only list definitions. Please let me know how to change the color depth?
[/quote

I have exactly the same problem. I have gone through the suggested fixes from the Help page, but the problem re-occurs. I have uninstalled and downloaded the game twice now.
Can anyone come up with a solution. I am using Vista Home Premium.

donnakow
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by donnakow on Feb 25, 11 4:06 PM
I ALSO HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME, I UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED, GOT TO THE GRAVEYARD WITH THE LILIES, AND STILL CAN'T GET THE X EYE TO OPEN TO FIND THE OTHER LILIES...SHOULD I DO THIS ALL AGAIN.? WHY PLAY IT TWICE IN ORDER TO FINISH..

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Feb 28, 11 4:31 PM
Paminca wrote:I've had nothing but trouble with this game. At first it plays fine then when I quit and came back it gave me an error messages and had to creat a new profile only to have it do it all over again.. When I uninstalled and reinstalled it played fine till I found all the pages to the Grail Book and the it crashed my pc. I'm done I want my game credit back.

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Feb 28, 11 4:44 PM
I trialed CE,No problems,decided to wait for the SE ,down loaded -no problem-played 20 mins or so ,exited,came back next day with intention to buy,and guess what? ACCESS VIOLATION!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 28, 11 4:59 PM
bigdave02 wrote:I trialed CE,No problems,decided to wait for the SE ,down loaded -no problem-played 20 mins or so ,exited,came back next day with intention to buy,and guess what? ACCESS VIOLATION!!

Hi bigdave02!

Have you already installed the updated version of the game? It was released last week and included a fix for the crashes and Access Violations that were being reported early on. To make sure you have the most recent build, please uninstall and reinstall the game. More info can be found here:

UPDATE! New version available for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come! February 21, 2011

If the trouble persists, please contact Customer Support and they'll be happy to assist further. Customer Support can be reached anytime via the green envelope to the right or through Live Chat Support if you're a Game Club member (open from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday).

Thanks!

-bfgDonau

Go to: