bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 22, 11 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace ™

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 23, 11 3:24 PM
I remember this game when it came out. At the time, I thought it was a pretty good one but I never purchased it. It is a pretty standard hidden object game with good qualiity drawings of Buckingham Palace and the grounds. There is a "mystery" story that makes the game more interesting as you try to find clues to discover the secret. A good game and certainly worth the Daily Deal.

[Post New]by tlgleason on Feb 25, 11 5:46 AM
I just bought the game and it does not work it says there is an access violation error.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 25, 11 11:03 AM
I bought this game a few years ago at Walmart with the Civil War on same disc. It was on sale then. I enjoyed it back then and replayed a few times as you only have a limited amount of hints, I got stuck so had to start over with different name. I think a good buy if you enjoy straight HOGS. If I remember correctly, it has at least one interactive part...darn CRS Items can be pretty hard to see in some scenes and you have to find crowns to get hints. Not a bad game. It's old and I've seen some new HOGs that were awful in comparison. $2.99 will help you fill that punch card and a nice little game to go with it.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Feb 26, 11 8:00 AM
Small world. I too bought the double disc at Wal-Mart and like both games. The graphics were good, though I did find that some of the objects were a little on the small side. Had I not the disc, I would have bought this.

[Post New]by finalansir on Feb 28, 11 4:43 AM
I loved this game. It was relaxing and fun. I didn't need to go to a walkthrough like most games these days. Loved the story line. Yes, I did buy it! lol

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 4:43:46 AM PST

cchyna
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by cchyna on Feb 28, 11 5:08 AM
I bought this game early last year and I hate it because it is the most boring game I ever played. It is strictly a HOG. I like the hogs that have a great story and some adventure, a little pizzaz. When I had to reinstall everything back on my computer after the virus, that was the one game I didn't reinstall.

If you like those kinds of games then this game is for you but it's not my cup of moss tea.

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 1, 11 8:02 AM
I would describe this as a good old fashioned HOG. There is more to it than just that, there is a mini-game at the end of each act, which are pretty easy.
There is a story-line that is mainly told through letters that are found.
I'm glad to have this in my Game Manager, it will be one that i play when i want something easy and unchallenging.

[Post New]by rangiorabelle on Mar 4, 11 10:49 AM
I am finding this game very boring. The graphics are beautiful but far too many hogs and not enough challenges. I dont think I shall even finish it unless I have absolutely nothing else to do. I regret buying it.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Apr 6, 11 3:16 PM
Hi Fishes, I bought this game last year and have actually enjoyed playing it. It's not too challenging and quite relaxing, which is just what I need sometimes.
Love the graphics but some of the items are rather tiny and difficult to see. Only played on the relaxed mode but may attempt the timed version at a later date.
Love Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by KaryLou on May 11, 11 5:43 PM
I bought this game for my iTouch and while I'm enjoying it, the hidden objects are too easy to find. I have had problems with the game freezing (clock) and with putting the knight on the chess board. I'm stuck there now. I know what to do to solve the problem, but the knight just won't stick. It seems that people with iPhones are having the same problems. Instead of telling us to restart our devices, etc. how about just fixing the game?

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 28, 11 8:04 AM
Wow! Was just so pleased to see this as a DD. Bought it right up. As I'm playing the Hidden Mysteries: Civil War, which I got for my hubby, whether to buy this was a total no-brainer. I had it on my TO BUY list so at $2.99 I feel it was a steal. I like hidden object games and these have a story to them and real facts and information about the subject, which of course is Buckingham Palace here.

[Post New]by LADYBUGGER on Jan 3, 12 7:36 AM
no walkthroughs?? I got stuck in one place. hidden object games are super!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Mar 18, 12 12:44 AM
Not a bad game on the whole. I just finished it. If you enjoy basic hidden object games that take a good long while, you'll probably enjoy this. I got kind of bored halfway through and started wondering when in the world it would end. There's no suspense whatsoever; at one point, your game-self makes a mental note that it would be a good idea to be a little stealthy while going around Buckingham Palace, which is the closest you ever actually get to running into another person. The ending was, in my opinion, very anti-climactic.

I did very much enjoy the lavish backgrounds based on the real rooms in the palace, and the tidbits of royal and palace history that cropped up in each scene.

I paid $2.99 for this one, if memory serves (I bought it quite some time ago), and I'd say that's a decent value. As a straight HOG goes, it's pretty good.

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 14, 14 11:29 AM
3 stars. Love the game, but where are the characters?

Go to: