bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Post any Gourmania 2: Great Expectations technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 22, 11 3:42 PM
If you are having problems getting Gourmania 2: Great Expectations to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Gourmania 2: Great Expectations technical issues here only

[Post New]by ToniP4 on Feb 22, 11 6:12 PM
I would like to know when they have fixed the crash in the France level. The new download does not seem to help that for me-I just tried it. I really liked this game and would love to finish it.

[Post New]by loulou5536 on Feb 23, 11 5:22 AM
Have just tried re installing this game and it still crashes in the france section, what now?

[Post New]by reinesoleil on Feb 23, 11 11:02 AM
Well, looks like it's unanimous. Everyone is having problems past the America level of this game. Was it not tested? and if not, should we expect a debugged version soon or will our credit be refunded to move to another game?

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 11:03:29 AM PST

[Post New]by jalp25 on Feb 26, 11 1:48 AM
I to am having problems in the France level. My game crashes after I complete Tuesday on the first restaurant.

So frustrating!

ondine2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ondine2 on Feb 26, 11 7:33 PM
Well I thought I was going crazy.....it's good to know I'm not. I have not purchased the game yet because It won't get past the first level for me. I collect some money get the hamburger.....try to put it in the pan but it does nothing. The hint button won't work and I can't even bring up the main menu so I can Quit. Nothing seems right with this game. What I don't understand is how some people get further in the game than others. I have not had any problems with BF games for over 5 yrs, so I have to be fair. I suppose I will just wait and see if they can debug.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Feb 28, 11 6:17 PM
I'm also having a problem with game freezing in the France restaurants. I uninstalled and re-installed a couple of days ago - still - like others - froze up at France and have to ctrl/alt/delete to get out of it.

Is there no further fix for this ????????? It is very frustrating since I've already bought the game !!!!!!

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 6:19:07 PM PST

easybake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by easybake on Mar 1, 11 3:10 AM
reinesoleil wrote:Well, looks like it's unanimous. Everyone is having problems past the America level of this game. Was it not tested? and if not, should we expect a debugged version soon or will our credit be refunded to move to another game?

Haven't played since I last posted; made good on my word and played other games. I finally updated the game by un/reinstalling and I tried playing again. Same place, same problem, same predicament.

There's only so much one can do about it, so I'm going to continue playing other games until there's a fix or (if I have to go this route, which I have systematically avoided) request a game credit.

Other than that, I don't really know what to say... trying to stay positive.

[Post New]by CanadaGal on Mar 1, 11 10:52 AM
Hello,

I have uninstalled and re-installed this game many many times, I have uninstalled, run a scan on my computer and reinstalled. The game manager says that it has been installed and activated completely for a trial each time. I was able to add my name to create a profile but it would freeze while loading. To be specific it would freeze by the "A" in loading.

I would check my Task Manager which would tell me that Goumania 2 had stopped responding. I would "End Task", then my game manger would let me know that I had lost 3 minutes of time.

It seems there are a ton of glitches in this game but I am still curious and want to at least try this game because I loved the first one.

Anyone ever have this problem before. Any ideas from Big Fish. I'm just wondering what is going on here.

Thanks

ebosr1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by ebosr1 on Mar 1, 11 6:10 PM
My Gourmania 2 was working great then I get to France and the crashing starts, so I don't thing me buying a video card should be the answer. Can BigFish fix the game because we were having fun playing it?

Thank you.
Ella

[Post New]by loulou5536 on Mar 3, 11 1:14 PM
loulou5536 wrote:Have just tried re installing this game and it still crashes in the france section, what now?

I have since emailed Big fish and they sent an e.mail back saying that you have to delete the actual file of the download not just the game download, i did this and it worked and ive just finished the game! (not worth it to be honest) but anyway im going to try and copy the instructions they sent me on how to delete the file, hope this helps.

[removed by moderator]

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 1:23:04 PM PST

[Post New]by mikied60 on Mar 10, 11 6:01 AM
ToniP4 wrote:I would like to know when they have fixed the crash in the France level. The new download does not seem to help that for me-I just tried it. I really liked this game and would love to finish it.
the same goes for me please let me know when you have it fixed

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by emerance on Mar 17, 11 10:57 AM
This is the first game I've ever tried from BFG that wouldn't start. It launches, shows on the task bar, but in task manager shows as "Not responding". I just had to end the task. Judging from the comments, it looks like this is a very touchy game as far as environment goes. Too bad - I was looking forward to trying it.

MN_BadGirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by MN_BadGirl on Mar 27, 11 1:06 PM
Having made the mistake of purchasing this game without reading the forum first I now have issues with the game locking up as I am trying to clean the outside of the western bar in the American part of the game. I have already uninstalled & reinstalled the game to no avail.

I have bought games from Big Fish for quite a while and have never had one lock up like this. Can you help?

Thanks

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Apr 1, 11 12:12 PM
After I buy one flower container, the seeds, and the watering can, the game freezes. I've had to start over 3 times. Also, when I exit the game, it will not save my place where I left it. I have to start over again. BF - any suggestions?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 1, 11 1:17 PM
Hi folks,

It sounds like a number of you are experiencing a crash at the American portion. If you haven't already, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can gather more information about this issue.

IYBAKH, for the saving error, you might want to take a look at this help article:

Save Errors

Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread everyone.

-bfgArnoStyx

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Apr 2, 11 10:19 AM
I'm requesting a game credit for Gourmania 2: Great Expectations. (Within a few days, BFG credited me for this game. Thank you BF for your quick response!)
Every time I've tried to play, I only get as far as buying the flower seeds (about 15 minutes into the game). Packages of seeds keep flying out. At last count, there were 38, until I finally just shut off the computer (not recommended). However, the Menu option didn't work at that point either.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3x. We did a complete diagnostic test of the drivers, graphics, audio, etc. on our computer. All the tests were fine. I read and tried all the suggestions that were posted from BF and other players. Nothing worked!

Edited on 06/13/2011 at 10:57:41 AM PST

ldyarwen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ldyarwen on Nov 2, 11 7:32 PM
I just got Gourmania 2 today. It has not crashed yet (knock on wood here), but the dialoge has disappeared from the screen. All I have is blank boxes where the dialoge should be. I just happen to know where the skip button should be and when I click there, it skips the dialoge. Otherwise, I don't know what is going on.

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 7, 12 6:20 PM
im stuck at french cafe. Here is my problem: every time i go into this game, (im at repairing columns part) it asks to find a window which i guess is hidden offscreen 'cause when i click it doesnt find it. Where it is pointing to is the stats page help please needs fixing: if u do that then i'll play so please help thanks ark161 plz fix thanks again

[Post New]by tbrady12 on Mar 19, 12 9:54 AM
My game won't get out of the France mode. It keeps telling me to shine the bar with a sponge but I've been doing it for 2 days now and it should not take that long. I also accessed the "Grand Restaurant" at one point and it crashed and now I can't access it at all. Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: