bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shop-N-Spree: Family Fortune

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 23, 11 12:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Shop-N-Spree: Family Fortune? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shop-N-Spree: Family Fortune

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Feb 23, 11 1:02 AM
Really cute and great game, love it!

There're many kind of shops you can play with so you will not get bored, there're also minigames that are quite entertaining (except some of them that are too hard to play).

4.5/5 Stars for Me - Both TM fans and HOG fans can play this

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Feb 23, 11 1:28 AM
Tough game. Fun, but don't play it if you have trouble seeing very small images. I quite literally couldn't tell what most of it was. I had to stop twenty minutes early because my eyes were hurting so much. On the plus side, the hidden objects are colorful and don't lurk in shadowy corners or dark rafters, and if you click on them, a title card pops up telling you what the object is, which believe me is very helpful. It's just very very hard to make out what the images are.

[Post New]by flutterby_dee on Feb 23, 11 3:20 AM
If you are a bit of a TM purist, I wouldn't recommend it, as it is really more HOG gameplay with a timer. Not for me, as I don't enjoy HOGs, but enjoy to those who do

exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by exdir on Feb 23, 11 5:21 AM
I played the demo hour and liked the game. You can play the relaxed mode which is nice if you don't want the tension of a TM game. I didn't find the objects hard to find at all. There were just some that I didn't know what they were, but there are plenty of hints available for that. A buy for me.

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Feb 23, 11 5:26 AM
i played the full hour demo and have bought it already.
i really enjoy the time challenge, but if you don't make goal, you are not penalized, just replay the scene again.
the minigames are fun yet challenging also.
the music is not too annoying when its turned down low!!
i like the graphics, bright and colourful.
i guess this will be a game i go to inbetween all the others that i have on the go!!

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Feb 23, 11 6:24 AM
I beta tested this a LONG time ago....and it's finally here!!! Yipee
It's a buy for me. I hope you all enjoy it.
happy gaming

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Feb 23, 11 6:35 AM
I didn't like this at all. I've gotten really bored with HOGs. I'll play IHOGs and I love TM games where strategy is the major factor in playing. This game was neither interactive nor strategic.

This game is a HOG with a timer (or you can play untimed.) I played with the timer, hoping that would make the game more interesting. The items are small. The descriptions are vague. The store is disorganized. I found myself wanting to organize the shelves more than wanting to help the customers.

To me the game was more frustrating than fun.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 23, 11 8:07 AM
I'm so happy this game is finally here. I've played the first game through twice and I was ready for more. I enjoy playing on timed and trying to figure out where everything is without any hints (which usually takes many tries!). Some of the items are quite small but everything is clear and well defined. I will definitely be buying this game today.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 23, 11 8:10 AM
The graphics are very nice. The gameplay is great for either TM or HOG fans as they have modes for both. Excellently done! The storyline is interesting. I love the board meeting at the beginning. There are mini games that can earn you more bonuses (hints or stars for upgrading).

This game is a B+.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Feb 23, 11 8:29 AM
Tried this game and really didn't like it. This is NOT a TM game, it's more of a timed HOG and you can turn the timer off!
As Redrose says, the shelves are all cluttered and not very clear!

Not for me, at all and more frustrating than fun. But good luck to those who enjoy it!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Feb 23, 11 8:30 AM
This is a nice little game. This is more of a HOG with or without a timer than a TM game. You fill customer's orders and as you gain points you can open new levels or stores. Very colorful & you also get extra points for matching objects with the color of the shopper's outfit.
Nice game, my only concern is hidden object lovers will by-pass this game as it is listed as TM when it is really more of a HOG.

adolia
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by adolia on Feb 23, 11 9:09 AM
I loved the first Shop-N-Spree. It is one of my most played games, I probably re-play it every few months.

I find it a lot more relaxing than most HOG's. The gameplay changes every time so it still remains challenging. With the timer it does feel a little like a TM game, but I consider it more of a hidden object game.

This new version adds a few new features, such as new discount tags and building options.

It is a buy for me.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Feb 23, 11 9:52 AM
I really like TM games, and sometimes feel they are treated like the ugly step child here. But, we have had two-count 'em two in the last couple days. BUT...............This one is really cute. I want to love it, I really do. I feel like a real grump because I gave yesterday's TM game a for me and I am afraid I must give this, if not a complete thumbs down, at least an "ehhhh". The objects were small, some of them really hidden, so you had to be real careful to click on the right one. Every now and then I just panicked because I didn't know what the heck the object looked like. Not all things are pictured at the beginning of a level. Maybe if this game comes out as a DD I will snap it up. Right now I want to keep the hair I have and when I started pulling it out, I decided this was not a buy for now. The hour did go by quickly, tho. Happy TM'ing for all of you who love this game.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Feb 23, 11 12:01 PM
I love this game, but then again I also loved the first one. The graphics are super cute and have lots of bright colors. It does center around finding hidden objects, but at the same time it's more of a time management game. Customers line up at the bottom of the screen and request an order. You have to find the objects in their order and deliver them in a timely manner (if playing in time management mode). Some people might find the objects small and the screen cluttered, but for once I don't really mind that in a game because it fits with the theme. You also collect gold stars for getting good scores in each department and use those to build new departments in your store, and then whole new stores.

This isn't a game that you can really sit there and play for hours. It's more of a coffee break sort of game where you play it every now and then in short bursts.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 23, 11 12:30 PM
I have betatested this game and liked it alot. Its a good mix of a hog game with a tm-twist (searching for food or other things in a supermarket). I have already both and replayed few times the first part and liked it alot. This game is on the same high quality. Its a buy for me

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 23, 11 1:56 PM
Nice story line, great graphics and very challenging. Did the whole one hour demo. Possible buy for me with the monthly game credit unless something better comes out before then. I just don't know how many levels there are and don't want to buy another too short game. Will wait to hear from someone who finishes it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 23, 11 2:51 PM
mary102696 wrote:Nice story line, great graphics and very challenging. Did the whole one hour demo. Possible buy for me with the monthly game credit unless something better comes out before then. I just don't know how many levels there are and don't want to buy another too short game. Will wait to hear from someone who finishes it.

If I remember right: I was able to finish 1/3 of the game in 3 hours in my betatest, that means the gameplaytime for me is 9 hours! Thats an awesome game among. But it surely depends on the gameplayers speed (I am not the fasted player lol).

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 23, 11 3:32 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote: most of the offerings this month look like entries in a game-writing contest catering to six-year-olds. With dyslexia. Writing in Swahili. On a Commodore 64.{quote}

Oh, you had me rolling with this one, lol. Funniest thing I have read on the forums in ages. I am still laughing

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 3:37:09 PM PST

[Post New]by Rmandy56789 on Feb 23, 11 5:15 PM
this game is way tooo short. I finished it in about 5 hours. I like the game play, just like I liked the first one, but was very dissappointed in the size of the game. There are only 3 stores with 8 departments in each store!

Go to: