What a RIPOFF!

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

What a RIPOFF!

[Post New]by krinneyd on Feb 23, 11 9:18 AM
Had I known this was a partial I would NEVER have purchased it! I want my money back....you can keep the game. So pissed! If this happens again I will go elsewhere for my games. SO DISSAPPOINTED.....I thought this was a trust worthy site.

Re:What a RIPOFF!

[Post New]by curiousgeorge169 on Feb 23, 11 9:30 AM
I wholeheartedly agree - it is a very BIG rip off!! I wouldn't have purchased it either had I known it wasn't a complete game. I didn't even get four hours of play. Very disappointed!! Can we get our money back?

Edited on 02/23/2011 at 9:31:55 AM PST

[Post New]by raiderblack on Feb 23, 11 2:31 PM
I thin it was much longer than most BF hidden object games... And the story and graphics were cool... definitely worth it.... But they should call it part I.

[Post New]by Juttak on Feb 23, 11 8:59 PM
I'm normally a lurker but have to say I love this game and am pleased Part2 is coming. It gives me something to look forward to. Big Fish is my favorite site and object to it being called untrustworthy

mysticmomma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by mysticmomma on Feb 24, 11 12:05 AM
I agree with raiderblack and jullak, I loved this game. It was a kick that it looked like a mini series. The objects weren't too hard to find and there was plenty to do. Didn't find it too short either. And it is just like the other games that have a sequil like Dream Cronicles (4 parts that I can think of), or Return to Mystery Island 1 and 2 to name a few. Everyone is allowed an opinion however wrong it is (snicker).

Besides. waiting for the next "episode" makes playing it just that much sweeter.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 24, 11 4:06 AM
I couldn't disagree more with the first two posts. This is an absolutely great game that you can immerse yourself in if you take the time to enjoy every aspect the developers have delivered.

I guess one would have to equate what constitutes a "full" versus "partial" game. Movies, books, TV shows are done in installments. So why not casual games? I happen to enjoy Harris' books and know that each one will deliver me to the next and I have to be patient for that publication. I feel that way with games that are delivered in sequels.

[Post New]by kerik79 on Feb 24, 11 4:09 AM
This is by far one of my favorite games from BF, and not just b/c I am a Charlaine Harris fan. The voice acting was the best I've heard, the graphics were top-notch and the game itself was exciting and challenging. I liked that you had tasks to complete and that you were really searching for something in the **** scenes for the most part. The humor made the game! I wasn't not bothered by 4 episodes and leaving off unifinished. The Tiger's Eye romance game...and another Vampire romance game DID leave the story unfinished and that kinda ticked me off...still haven't seen the sequel to those if anyone can think of them, let me know. I thought that the length of gameplay was more than adequate--longer than I spend on most games. But you guys are right--they should probably title it PART ONE. Honestly...I was really mad when the first "episode" ended b/c I thought THAT was the end of the game! I was so excited to get 3 more "episodes." Happy hunting fishies!

[Post New]by HeideBee on Feb 24, 11 9:55 PM
I'm also very angry that on the page for this game it says specifically FULL VERSION!
I get 4 chapters in and it just abruptly ends with no explanation! I would also never have purchased it if I had known it wasn't the full game

[Post New]by sighman on Feb 25, 11 2:30 AM
Unbeliveable - fantastic game - great music and then it just bloody finishes halfway through!

Appallingly deceiving advertising - you pay for a full game and get only half?

Absolutely disgusted - if this had been advertised as part one I would have been writing an ecstatic review - instead I feel ripped off and disappointed. Shame on you Big Fish. Shame

Linde36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Linde36 on Feb 25, 11 5:24 PM
Smallhaven wrote:I couldn't disagree more with the first two posts. This is an absolutely great game that you can immerse yourself in if you take the time to enjoy every aspect the developers have delivered.

I guess one would have to equate what constitutes a "full" versus "partial" game. Movies, books, TV shows are done in installments. So why not casual games? I happen to enjoy Harris' books and know that each one will deliver me to the next and I have to be patient for that publication. I feel that way with games that are delivered in sequels.

I don't disagree that it was a great gaming experience. It was very well done. However, the issue isn't that the story is in installments. It is that we were led to believe that it was a complete story- beginning, middle, and end. To get right into the height of the action, smack in the middle, and STOP (totally without warning) is what enraged so many people. Would you buy an action adventure movie that just STOPPED right smack in the middle, with no warning on the pkg or insert? I think that it is the really poor decision not to warn customers...and they were playing in the hopes of getting an ending to the story.

Whenever the second part comes out (next week? next month? next season? next year?) it will be the same price as if a collector's edition. So it isn't the installment thing. It is the sudden shock of realizing that you are slammed to a sudden stop in the storyline with no way to finish. That's all. Kudos to C. Harris and the story and the graphics and the whole thing. Two opposable thumbs down to the lack of warning from the vendor (in the title).

[Post New]by xandersmomk on Feb 27, 11 1:11 PM
Smallhaven wrote:I couldn't disagree more with the first two posts. This is an absolutely great game that you can immerse yourself in if you take the time to enjoy every aspect the developers have delivered.

I feel like it is a part game because the task we were given was not completed with the game I purchased. I would not feel ripped off if the game had PART ONE after the title since I am unable to finish the task given. Deadtime Stories had said more to come but at least the story was resolved and the set task completed. Not the same thing IMO.

Edited on 02/27/2011 at 1:13:01 PM PST

[Post New]by nokeys1 on Feb 27, 11 4:11 PM
AS a long time customer, I have to agree that this was deceiving. I had recommended this game to friends thinking there would be a number of chapters to match the characters. I had to notify them all of this falacy.

I did not use to monitor the forums much for opnions of new games but will do so now before purchasing anything else. If this is the trend for the future of Big Fish offerings I will be moving my business!

LadyWyntre
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by LadyWyntre on Feb 28, 11 1:17 AM
Just want to make it clear (again) that one can find this game stellar and still be *very* angry.

Length: fine by me.
Gameplay: exquisite.
Plot: interesting.
Setting: awesome.
Value: sure, great, happy with the price for what I got, except...

Not being labeled as part I: epic fail.

There is a HUGE difference between a series and a "Part One."

Honestly, I'm stunned that some folks don't see that.

Truth in labeling would fix this whole problem for the majority of us.

wvsandy
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wvsandy on Feb 28, 11 6:45 PM
I agree that this was a great game. And I also agree that it should be clearly labeled PART ONE so that players aren't surprised, disappointed or angry when they game ends with only half the quests given.

Quite frankly, I would have waited to purchase this game until Part 2 was available.

dogfish73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish73 on Mar 1, 11 4:27 AM
I hate getting engrossed in a game then finding that I cannot finish it. This is so obviously a money grab on the part of designer. We are all forced to buy the next one just to finish the game BOO

dogfish73
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish73 on Mar 1, 11 4:28 AM
I hate getting engrossed in a game then finding that I cannot finish it. This is so obviously a money grab on the part of designer. We are all forced to buy the next one just to finish the game BOO

Ceorl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Ceorl on Mar 2, 11 4:19 AM
Hi,

What a disappointment. I feel as if I've had my throat cut in Pirates's Alley. There's nothing worse than being custard pied in the middle of a game. I agree with other comments like having paid for 1/2 a game and that this game shoud have been at least a Collector's Edition. I hope this is not the start of a multi-pricing scheme for sale of piecemeal games. Anyway, I thought this game was fantastic and it made me laugh all the way. I hated the pig's feet soup in blood puree but I'm a vegetarian so I don't count.

Have fun

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Mar 2, 11 4:26 AM
I bought this game and loved playing it, yes a bit dissapointed at the ending but not the end of the world, got next one to look forward to. I thought it was good value for the money.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Mar 3, 11 2:40 PM
Does this game even have updates? If so, do we have to pay for the upgrades? ?This really made me angry. I used a credit to get this game, I could have got another game, that was COMPLETE. Major ripoff.

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 3, 11 3:35 PM
Great game,good length.No probs.

ok.............so I kill threads !

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 9:45:50 AM PST

Go to: