bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 24, 11 12:05 AM
Many centuries ago, a princess kissed a frog and transformed him into a handsome prince. Unlike the fable, they never ended happily ever after. It is rumored that the Frog Prince is still alive and now roams the deserted path in the Black Forest, capturing unsuspecting visitors. When the chancellor's daughter goes missing, you are sent to investigate her disappearance. Journey through the deserted forest in Dark Parables – The Exiled Prince, an eerie Hidden Object Adventure game!

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 10:36:30 AM PST

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by rhorho on Feb 24, 11 12:17 AM
Can anyone tell me if I cancel my membership what will the CE cost me? I seem to be buying only the CE games and the credits are being gifted or wasted on games I really dont care for but have to use to fill a punch card which cant be used for the CE. I seem to be going in circles.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 24, 11 12:22 AM
I am enjoying this game so far and will probably buy it. I do have a question for any other Vista users out there. I have a 15" Dell Studio 1535 and I have checkmarked the "full screen" option, but I can't get the screen to get bigger - it's only about 3/4 screen. I have trouble seeing as it is with my ole' eyes and would like it to be at least the full 15"!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 24, 11 12:24 AM
rhorho wrote:Can anyone tell me if I cancel my membership what will the CE cost me? I seem to be buying only the CE games and the credits are being gifted or wasted on games I really dont care for but have to use to fill a punch card which cant be used for the CE. I seem to be going in circles.

I don't think you can cancel if you downloaded the trial already because non-members don't get the TGT (tomorrow's game today) option. Assumming you are in the U.S. I would think the price would be $19.99. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (which is quite often, lol).

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Feb 24, 11 12:28 AM
hi rhorho the ce cost 19.99 if you are not amember.also you dont get the tgt hope this helps i think being a member is well worth it if you neeed more info give mes apm hoipee you have a great nite ps cant waite for my d/l to get done on bthis new c e oh yes

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 24, 11 12:28 AM
Yet another hidden object Collector's edition. Big Fish I know you're not always the developer who makes these games but seriously the person above isn't the only person complaining about this. I've seen it recently in almost every single forum. You're about to start losing customers. I hope it's a nice game but I'm not even going to bother. $13.99 for a game that I may get 4 or 5 hours out of? Nope not anymore.

2dogsx2
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by 2dogsx2 on Feb 24, 11 12:40 AM
i use to give a dam, but bugger it! at least the ces are really good games
would $14.99 give you more entertainment any where else? especially when you can play it again? you cant sit in the movie theatre and ask to see it again!!
its a buy for me, love dark parable games, whoo hoo i now have tomorrow mapped out!!!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 24, 11 12:45 AM
Why would anyone spend 13.99 for a game that does not even fill the computer screen? I for one will not.

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Feb 24, 11 12:49 AM
mary102696 wrote:Yet another hidden object Collector's edition. Big Fish I know you're not always the developer who makes these games but seriously the person above isn't the only person complaining about this. I've seen it recently in almost every single forum. You're about to start losing customers. I hope it's a nice game but I'm not even going to bother. $13.99 for a game that I may get 4 or 5 hours out of? Nope not anymore.

Amen! I totally agree. It is getting ridiculous with all the darn collector's edition games. I can remember when I first joined BF about a year and 1/2 ago, there were hardly any collector's edition games. Now there's one every other week. With the current recession, it makes it very hard for many people to buy them. Personally, I am not going to get any more either.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 24, 11 12:49 AM
Hey all!

It's a good one! Made sure it ran fine and bought it. We're going to have a fun day tomorrow. It's 2:50 a.m. here and I need sleep. Thanks BF for another great game. Btw, the dev's give you more than 4 or 5 hours of play. I remember the first Dark Parables was well over a good 5 hours form me.

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 12:54:39 AM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Feb 24, 11 12:57 AM
Just a thought, but if you think that the CE is too much money just wait for the SE. That's what I do when I think a CE is not worth it. This one is, though. I'm totally downloading it as soon as I get home and if it's like the first in the series I'm definitely buying it.

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Feb 24, 11 1:05 AM
slepless777 wrote:Just a thought, but if you think that the CE is too much money just wait for the SE. That's what I do when I think a CE is not worth it. This one is, though. I'm totally downloading it as soon as I get home and if it's like the first in the series I'm definitely buying it.

Yes, please. Just wait. It's really getting tiresome to come and want to see how a game plays or whether it's an IHOG or straight HOG and all there is are complaints about the price. The price is what the price is. Eventually the regular game will come out.

Please please please stop complaining about the price. Like everything else in the world, one has to option to "turn the channel".

Please please please also if people want to moan about the price, please start a thread titled "moaning about price" so that the rest of us can avoid it.

And for those that don't think they can use their freebies - there are literally hundreds if not a thousand(s) of games on the site. Try an old one. You don't *****HAVE***** to use your freebies on new games. They don't become boring after six months. Really. Honestly. Not fibbing.

And please please please if you are going to moan about having a freebie but there is absolutely nothing that you can use it on amongst the literally hundreds of games on site, please start another thread so the rest of us can avoid it.

Thanks.

About the game: What are the extras? The front page wasn't clear. Anyone have an idea yet?

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Feb 24, 11 1:13 AM
I really like the first one so this one hope it will be great too...

BFG release too many CEs games, some of them worth it (like Maestro, Cooking Dash 3, Stray Souls, Fairing Point...) but some of them are not - totally waste of money (but i still bought them anyway) I think BFG try to makes us buy CEs games cuz we can't wait for the SE version to be release...

Just one question for this game, what are the extra contents for this CE, all i can see on the page is

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Immersive atmosphere
Fantastic gameplay
Find the exiled Frog Prince!

Which you can get that kind of features in the normal version too

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 1:18:37 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Feb 24, 11 1:14 AM
rlk0045 wrote:Why would anyone spend 13.99 for a game that does not even fill the computer screen? I for one will not.

Well I am running Vista and found out how to get full screen. However I don't like having to set it every time I play the game because it distorts my screen when I'm not playing, so I can't leave it that way. Here is what tech support said to do:

Windows Vista
1.From your Vista desktop, right-click and select Personalize.
2.Select Display Settings.
3.Adjust your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (or higher) and click Apply > OK.
4.Reopen your game.

I set it exactly on 1024 x 768 and it fills my screen completely.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 1:28 AM
kimvy. Welcome to the Pond

Fully agree with your point about the CE complaints AGAIN!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 24, 11 1:29 AM
kimvy, you're "on the money"! Speaking of money, I almost look forward to BFG Thursdays, when I can plunk down $14 on what I consider "high quality" releases! I might give more than $14 for a delivery pizza that offers us about an hour's worth of enjoyment--while this game won't satisfy hungry folks, it sure seems to be worth the CE $! I visit threads like this one in hopes of reading thoughtful comments and reviews about THE GAME, not to be exposed to complaints about the "thinness" of someone's wallet. I DO feel for folks who can ill-afford luxuries like BFG CEs, but those comments deserve a separate forum, as kimvy said.

This game has it all--even the demo includes a look-see at the Strategy Guide! Only a "game" cursor, but it works fine. Musical background is wonderful, as is the voice acting. If it's possible, the graphics up-stage the first "Dark Parables..."! BIG download, so have patience, but it'll be worth the time! Game length? Don't know yet, but the first one took LOTS of time!

Game On!

P.S. Why are there two forums for the same game?

Edited on 02/24/2011 at 1:31:49 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 1:32 AM
Wow, it's look great! I buy it, but the first of march. I only need one punch for my card. So I wait. In the mean while I play now again the first Dark Parables. And it;s nice to do.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 24, 11 1:32 AM
Is there bonus game play?
It looks like a great game! DL'ing demo now.

I posted this question on the other thread but no response.

kimvy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kimvy on Feb 24, 11 1:43 AM
peglegann wrote:kimvy. Welcome to the Pond

Fully agree with your point about the CE complaints AGAIN!

Thanks for the welcome!!

I've actually been around since 2006. Usually a lurker, but it's annoying to have threads cluttered with the same complaints and I think slaphappy caught up to me.

Good night to all. Happy gaming!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 24, 11 1:46 AM
Downloading, loved the first one, but I only need one more punch for my 2nd card to be filled. On the other hand there's nothing worth buying, ,a third CE this month ? If I buy it I will definitely be out of my mind................

Go to: