bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 24, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bitemefelix on Feb 24, 11 9:04 AM
This game has only just been released as a MAC version, is anybody else experiencing problems downloading it. Everytime i try to download it when it comes to installing the game it crashes the game manager. I've even purchased it and tried the direct download so it wasn't the demo edition and the same thing happened.
Somebody help please!!!!

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 24, 11 10:55 PM
I purchased this game today and really like it. The only problem I have with it is the walkthrough. It does not explain where to find all the objects needed to do a part of the game. This is very disappointing. I think the person doing it was mixing up the hard game pointers with the relaxed version which I am doing. I like taking my time.

mikado1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mikado1 on Feb 25, 11 8:50 AM
Will there be a walkthrough for this game, except the strategy guide?

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 25, 11 9:38 AM
The Strategy Guide is missing some directions for the relaxed mode. It does not tell where to find the golden crown for the frog but does for the hard mode. It does not explain where to find the frog shaped emblem but tells the hard mode where to place it. These errors are not very helpful when stuck and cannot find the needed items to finish the tiaras and potion jars. Does anyone else know where to find these items? I need the frog shaped emblem for the armory and do not know where to find it. I have been all over the cave, rooms and cottage and not a clue. Thank you

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 25, 11 11:20 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:The Strategy Guide is missing some directions for the relaxed mode. It does not tell where to find the golden crown for the frog but does for the hard mode. It does not explain where to find the frog shaped emblem but tells the hard mode where to place it. These errors are not very helpful when stuck and cannot find the needed items to finish the tiaras and potion jars. Does anyone else know where to find these items? I need the frog shaped emblem for the armory and do not know where to find it. I have been all over the cave, rooms and cottage and not a clue. Thank you

I am having the same exact problem

[Post New]by poppitgirl on Feb 25, 11 11:52 AM
there are 5 of us,that bought the game and we are all in the same :boat.need help

laineh2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by laineh2 on Feb 25, 11 4:34 PM
made the mistake of picking relaxed mode and found out I can't access certain items, but it won't let me switch to hard mode. I have even reloaded and it sticks on relaxed. CAN ANYONE HELP

Edited on 02/25/2011 at 4:34:55 PM PST

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 25, 11 6:14 PM
I got stuck without frog prince's crown too. Like everyone else, I couldn't find it either

[Post New]by decemberldy on Feb 25, 11 7:13 PM
having trouble in chapter 7, where it says to exit thru vine room , where is the vine room?

[Post New]by chromis on Feb 25, 11 10:03 PM
Hello fellow players, I see I'm not the only one having trouble with finding the golden frog crown in chapter 2 does anyone know where to find it as I have been all over the place and I don't see it anywhere. Help!

[Post New]by chromis on Feb 26, 11 9:17 AM
Thanks to Margie B. for clearing up the golden crown for the frog. In case any of you didn't read her post, you have to play the game through the relaxed mode then go back and play in hard mode to get the crown that's why the strategy guide says "spoiler alert". Thanks again for helping out Margie B.

[Post New]by stlasuker on Feb 26, 11 12:34 PM
Stuck like everyone with the frog crown. Can't play through relaxed mode cause I can only go a little bit forward after the crown thing and can't go back. Stuck. Not feelin good about the game

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 26, 11 2:16 PM
stlasuker wrote:Stuck like everyone with the frog crown. Can't play through relaxed mode cause I can only go a little bit forward after the crown thing and can't go back. Stuck. Not feelin good about the game

Hi there,
As chromis has stated in the post above your own, the crown is used in the harder mode which you can attempt once you finish the game in the easier mode. Don't worry about it for now, you can complete the first "version" of the game without it.
Cheers.

[Post New]by petertraverse on Feb 26, 11 3:26 PM
i have collected everything that there was to collect and i can't get thru the greenhouse can anyone help

SnodgrassP
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by SnodgrassP on Feb 26, 11 5:51 PM
I downloaded this game and it went to "saving file" but never went any further. Any suggestions what the problem might be? Thanks

brimaz
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by brimaz on Feb 26, 11 11:18 PM
bpurdum2 wrote:I purchased this game today and really like it. The only problem I have with it is the walkthrough. It does not explain where to find all the objects needed to do a part of the game. This is very disappointing. I think the person doing it was mixing up the hard game pointers with the relaxed version which I am doing. I like taking my time.

[Post New]by wazznotme on Feb 27, 11 9:26 AM
How do you clear the vines, in the caves and elsewhere ?

[Post New]by baughmarla on Feb 27, 11 2:10 PM
VINE ROOM IS IN CHAPTER 3-4 MAP SHOWS AREA WITH A LOT OF SQUIGGLY
LINES SO YOU ARE YELLOW.FOLLOW IT BACK. I AM NOT IN CHAP 7 YET SO THIS MAY OR MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Feb 27, 11 8:01 PM
Has anyone else had a problem in the Vine Room? I cannot get the silver fountain disc until I have opened the doors and gone into the cave. When I come back out, the pool where the disc should go is full of water and water is running down the wall. I can get the fountain disc AFTER I've gone into the cave, but cannot use it and so very stuck. I have deleted and redownloaded, played in casual and hard mode. Same thing everytime. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Go to: